[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
now that weve had enough time to meme out about this album can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: bottomless-pit-front-back.jpg (53 KB, 472x312) Image search: [Google]
bottomless-pit-front-back.jpg
53 KB, 472x312
now that weve had enough time to meme out about this album can we please have a critical discussion about it. Has anybody noticed any interesting musical textures or lyrical motifs that they feel comfortable sharing with everyone?
>>
80808 is criminally underrated. Such a great track
>>
>>64660294
the entire thing reminds me strangely of some prehistoric future cyber dinosaur apocalyptic horror movie dimension and it's so fucking bad ass
>>
fucking "it won't lit". it's such a meaningless phrase, and the whole thing on BBPoison about Zach tweeting it and fans freaking out leads me to think that it's actually supposed to be a gibberish phrase that they expect fans to over-interpret.

Also the "foghorn devils" part of TBIAGN is really interesting in the way it paints a picture of mindless obese people force-feeding themselves, it's so dystopian and creepy i love it
>>
>>64660503
Lit seems like a past tense, it won't kinda seems present/future? I kinda like it, even if it doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>64660500
Spikes makes me think of some dystopian desert futurescape tb h
>>
>>64660500
*tips fedora*
>>
>>64660593
bp feels like the soundtrack to a fucked up mad max set in jurassic park
>>
ring a bell is about a pop star that wanted to collaborate with death grips but fucked them over somehow or treated them like shit or something

we need to find out who it's about or i will kill myself
>>
>>64660522
i mean the word "lit" has only relatively recently been popularized to mean hyped/excited/intoxicated... but listen to these lines
>how can you not know so which is it love or hate
>you'd rather not know why shit won't lit fucks hesitate

>it won't lit's a rubik's cubicle for the new cog to chew off to sulk with and flask on

these make me pretty sure that "it won't lit" is supposed to be completely meaningless
>>
>>64660619
faggot
>>
File: 5.png (113 KB, 1120x558) Image search: [Google]
5.png
113 KB, 1120x558
this is about how the fan base loses their shit everytime they do something (the "it wont lit" tweet)

last couple of lines are about how death grips have literally become a part of the obsessed fan base's lives
>>
>>64660657
beyonce
>>
>>64660725
also, the entire last track is about our obsession with death grips
>>
Spikes is about sharp objects or something? idk I can't understand ride.
>>
BB Poison changes time signatures and it's fucking amazing
>>
>>64660440
Definitely in my top 4
>>
>>64661454
just curious, what other 3 songs?
>>
>>64660503
it's about someone releasing a mixtape and thinking it will blow up and it not.

Hot Head, Eh -these are reactions to online arguments and the posturing and indifference people present to protect themselves
>>
>>64660294
desu senpai this and the interview tape doesn't really interest me, i think it's getting too computer synth - sounding. Where the computer generated vst synths just arent really that interesting. I really love fashion week and GP tho,
>>
Best work they have done since TMS and NLDW. Great album all the way through. ...much better than JD.
>>
>>64662411
I doubt Hot Head or Eh have anything to do with online activities or anything to do with the internet
>>
Whats everyone's take on the gloryhole lyric? Ride gettin that brain by a warm mouth through the wall?
>>
SHE SUCC ME

THRU THE WALLS
>>
Arent gloryholes primarily a gay thing?
>>
>>64663509
Yes.
>>
Hot Head was the worst Single ever. I listened to it maybe 5 times before the leak. After listening to the leak and now the real shit, this has to be the best song on the album. Every song on this album is great, but goddamn hot head is insane.
I also think the anger in this album is unreal. I hope they start going into other tropes of life though. I understand Death Grips is about negativity, and they personified this through the life of mc ride becoming a transparent character in real life. But his anger is the thing holding him back from enjoying life. The continued drug addiction and existence in altruism has reached the limit where there is no enjoyment at all in his life. I want to see their next album look at his progression as a character in a positive way as this should be a harder challenge for Death Grips.

Also what the fuck is bubbles in the jungle.

What a great album, this is easily their best work. Everything is an aspect of their career. AOTY.
>>
File: 1459370382006.png (42 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
1459370382006.png
42 KB, 256x256
>that synth guitar in Ring a Bell's hook
that moment to me is actually one of the more profound moments on the album. for some reason
>>
>>64663696

I think the negativity is played out at this moment. It seems like their whole output is based on this concept. That's slightly dissapointing about this album to me. I expected them to flip it completely and make for example like way more tuned down positive sounding music with a different writing style and instrumentationa dn all
>>
>>64662310
Ring a bell, GBPGI, and Houdini
>>
>>64664257
great choices
>>
>>64664211
I feel like they did that a little, with Bottomless Pit having a more positive sound than expected from the lyrics.
I expect to see more of that in the future.
>>
three bedrooms in a good neighborhood and giving bad people good ideas go so hard n are really well made. imo the best songs on the record
>>
Jenny Death was stronger imo but this was really solid.
Ring a Bell is amazing.
>>
>>64664312
sonically i would say yes true but i guess i meant it like more content-wise and conceptually. and i guess thats just the project itself. it has death in their name even. but yeah come to think of it they did do stuff like i.l.y's
>>
>>64660619
>He thinks himself clever.
>>
>>64663696
You're saying you want ride to become a happier person to make a less angry sounding album?
>>
>>64664343
content as in lyrically
>>
>>64660657
>>64660764
>Beyonce had AnCo produce on her newest album
>That one infamous pic

It's definitely Beyonce.
>>
>>64664542
Oh and

>Stole the whole "surprise album" idea from them
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.