[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Albums with ridiculous back stories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
File: image.png (159 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.png
159 KB, 300x300
Albums with ridiculous back stories
>>
File: 51QxTidGbVL.jpg (58 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
51QxTidGbVL.jpg
58 KB, 500x500
>>
File: cover.jpg (73 KB, 280x280) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
73 KB, 280x280
god, I love this album but the inspiration behind it makes me sick.
>>
where are the stories
>>
>>64657400
The fact his move to Portugal allowed him to get over his father's death from cancer makes you sick?
>>
>>64657400
whats the inspiration?
>>
File: Waterpistol.jpg (21 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Waterpistol.jpg
21 KB, 400x400
>The follow-up, Waterpistol, was recorded in 1991 at London's Star Street Studio and Chapel Studios, Lincolnshire. Shortly after the recording of Waterpistol was complete, the Star Street studio burnt down and most of the tapes were destroyed. The only remaining DAT of the album was in the possession of producer Chris Allison. At the time, Allison was in Los Angeles, and when he returned, it transpired that he had left the copy in his hire car. It was only found weeks later after a frenzied search.[1] However, by this point, Ghetto had folded so the record was without a distributor.
>>
>>64657400
>makes me sick

>"A lot of the songs on Person Pitch are kind of sugary. [...] It's really mellow and sunny here [in Portugal] and I feel like the album really sounds like that to me. Also the stuff that's happened to me in the past two years, like getting married and having a kid and all that, has had a pretty profound impact on the kind of music I play and the kind of subjects I address. My approach to being a musician has drastically changed from having a kid and being a provider. It was kind of terrifying at first, I won't lie to you. It's made me feel like I don't want to fuck up, and I want to make sure I cover all my bases. And that's not to say that I suddenly want to make music that's going to sell a whole lot of copies cause I don't really think I could do that. But I want to make sure that whatever I'm doing, I'm doing it to the fullest extent that I can."

?
>>
>>64657400
>Person
>Pet
>Pitch
>Sounds

literally made me dislike the album to an extent
>>
>>64657482
>>64657486
>>64657514
>Not knowing it's a concept album on the Islamisation of Europe
>>
>>64657541
it's not. I think you might be lost
>>>/pol/ is that way
>>
File: 1451105536183.jpg (46 KB, 400x355) Image search: [Google]
1451105536183.jpg
46 KB, 400x355
>>
>>64657515
That's retarded. He was going to call it "Perfect Pitch" but decided on "Person Pitch" in the end. Nothing to do with Pet Sounds.
>>
>>64657568
thank you but I'm already using that board on daily basis
/v/ is our second home though
>>
>>64657568
>Not picking up on the 'Panda is a racist' joke
>>
File: 2974038.jpg (63 KB, 600x592) Image search: [Google]
2974038.jpg
63 KB, 600x592
>>
>>64657624
>not bedlam in goliath
I don't even like TMV and I know which album has the creepy backstory
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.