[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Be honest - where does MC Ride actually rank as an MC/rapper?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: MC Ride.jpg (64 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
MC Ride.jpg
64 KB, 1440x1080
Be honest - where does MC Ride actually rank as an MC/rapper? It's kind of hard to judge him through all those layers of computer-synths and heavy production.
>>
>>64646768
Possibly the G.O.A.T.
Not even memeing or falling into hype.
>>
>>64646768
Honestly, in terms of rhymes, concepts, flow, and delivery, he's better than anyone else I've heard.
>>
if he went on a normal beat, with a normal voice, and non cryptic lyrics, he could easily be kendrick level, or whoever you consider to be the top.
he has speed variety, and can make catchy flows on top of glitchy fucking zach hill beats. he could probably slaughter the radio with his pop sensibilities too.
but i dont thing he'll do something like that
>>
he has a good ear for being able to ride complex time signatures and tempos, but rarely will we ever be able to really see him flourish as a rapper and only that. I think we come close to this on get got
>>
>>64647008
Nah, he gave that a shot before he was MC Ride. Almost Viper tier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqHu_t7wX4A
>>
>>64647118
this was probably ~10 or so years ago, im sure he was building his skill since then, and thats how we got MC Ride

theres no way he went from Mxlplx to MC Ride overnight, im sure if he tried again today he'd kill it
>>
>>64646768
Idk, he's so different it's kinda hard to compare him with others. His lyrics, in my opinion, fluctuate between incredible and god awful. His flows are great though.
When you think of an MC, you probably think of hip-hop. Death Grips is kinda hip-hop, like RATM is kinda hip-hop.
So it's like asking whats the rapping skills of Zack de la Roca. which is a hard question.
Idk man I'm high.
>>
>>64647008
>No weird beats
>No screaming
>No cryptic lyrics
That's everything that makes him admirable. Without that he's more than likely shit.
>>
>>64647210
This.

Im high too
>>
>>64647008
Nah man. As much as I love Death Grips... Ride would not be able to rap better than top 5% of the game. He has some really good lyrics and some atrocious lyrics. His flows combined with his voice only work with experimental beats.
>>
>>64647315
I would agree with this. If he tried to be like one of the other rappers, he wouldn't make it.
Everything that is Death Grips is what it has going for it.
>>
>>64646768
it's not fair to compare the rest of "the game" to him
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.