[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Questions?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 97818_l.jpg (77 KB, 802x802) Image search: [Google]
97818_l.jpg
77 KB, 802x802
I'm thinking of buying a Behringer Q802USB and two Shure microphones - one for instruments and for vocals.
Is the USB version worth it?
I'm thinking of doing some no-input stuff with the mixer - is it going to hold and not fry itself instantly?
Is the Shure SM48LC mic a good cop for both instrumental and vocal recording when you are on a budget? I need two microphones, but the cardioid pattern of the SM48 won't be the best choice when trying to record stuff like glass or junk metal. (I think)
thanks beforehand
>>
>>64624729
oh, and if the gear I picked sucks,
what else are some budget options?
>>
>>64624729

If you can get a 57 and 58, instead do, they will last you years, are industry standard for a reason and have tons of applications, go look at any live performance on youtube and you'll see 58's

never used a 48 but shure mics are solid as fuck, I reckon the worst your going miss out on is high end though

Any interface will work as long as your DAW picks it up
>>
>>64625214
so it doesn't matter that much if i just use the regular main out and direct to my pc (when I want to record at home)?
or is the usb quality better?

thanks for the tip about shuures, I'll do some digging around.

anything more about the behringer?
>>
>>64625655
bump
>>
Shur are great mics. I recommend getting a condenser mic if you want to use it for recording and vocals. I love my condenser mic. I use Audix mostly though.

I'd recommend getting a cardioid for fun. Never had one but always wanted one. And I'd get the usb if I were you.
>>
File: yam_ag06_2.jpg (149 KB, 990x990) Image search: [Google]
yam_ag06_2.jpg
149 KB, 990x990
>>64624729
try this mixer with condenser mic
>>
>>64628531
this seems nice! thanks!
do you think it can handle no-input well?
i can loop the aux back to an input and I guess
i can do the same with the headphones too.
but having an fx in/out seems dope.

anyway, thanks, the mixer looks damn tasty
>>
>>64628600
>Loop aux to input
That would create feedback wouldn't it?
>>
>>64628531
the mixer's dope, but I think I'll get the cheaper behringer, i can use the extra munny for the mics.

kinda sad, tho, that titanium light.
>>
>>64628618
exactly, i can put effects through that
or simply fuck with trembles or something.
i can create 2-3 channels out of this and mix them together.
i guess I can come up with more way to play with it later.
>>
File: brit_teeth_1376241499222.jpg (55 KB, 521x530) Image search: [Google]
brit_teeth_1376241499222.jpg
55 KB, 521x530
>>64628618
>>
I need new a mixer/interface too. I'm thinking about getting one of the Mackie Onyx 1620 or 1220, an Allen/Heath zed14, a behringer xenyx, or a mackie profx12.

Any thoughts on any of these? And can any mixer/interface act as/be in sync with the mixer in a DAW?
>>
last
bump
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.