[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
this is the album we wanted from Hecker and/or 0pn isn't it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: TL+Cover.jpg (185 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
TL+Cover.jpg
185 KB, 1024x1024
this is the album we wanted from Hecker and/or 0pn isn't it
>>
listening to it right now, holy shit its good
>>
Hecker's and 0pn's last albums were great but that's my AOTY, OP.
>>
>>64624063
It's like the sound of being alone out in space but something is out there watching you
>>
>>64624113
sounds kind of uh gay
>>
>>64624121
>says the tripfag
>>
I love it but it kind of did get old for me soon. Also, not comparable to Hecker or opn at all. But, yeah, I've played it a lot more times than, say, Love Streams this year so far
>>
no, I don't get whats so great about it. Love streams is not ravedeath nor virgins but its much more interesting than this.
>>
>>64624050
it's good but it's more like the album I wanted from sophia loizou/raime/fis
>>
>>64624050
What album is this?
>>
>>64624590
roly porter - third law
>>
>>64624539
>raime
nigga that shit isn't even out yet
>>
>>64625864
or is it, I see a 160kbps on slsk
>>
it was good in terms of atmosphere and sound design but lacked good melodies. good album over all though
>>
File: a4023375017_10.jpg (342 KB, 985x1200) Image search: [Google]
a4023375017_10.jpg
342 KB, 985x1200
I really like the idea of this kind of electronic stuff from Hecker, Roly Porter et al - it's supposed to convey technical as well as emotional sophistication. But I'm not often really satisfied by the melodies, or the complete absence of subtlety whatsoever. Roly Porter especially is bland and forgettable as fuck. Bas van Huizen is one of the few artists doing this sort of thing, including the overblown crescendos and tension, that I really like. I think it's down to how texturally satisfying I find it and how he isn't trying too hard with the melodies. It's more drone-, harmony- and process-based. Pardon the ramble

Pic related, it's one of his gaudy cover arts.

https://basvanhuizen.bandcamp.com/track/kluwekracht-coda-bonus-track
>>
>>64624050

yeah its pretty incredible. hecker has been growing on me but this is prob my aoty. its so exciting and cinematic, idk
>>
>>64624050
Man, OPN's album was great. Hecker's was fine, but this isn't exactly what I'd want from him instead, and The Third Law just sounds like a less interesting version of By The Throat by Ben Frost.
>>
File: Garden_of_Delete.jpg (21 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
Garden_of_Delete.jpg
21 KB, 560x560
g.o.d. was fucking amazing. took me a few listens to really get into it and appreciate it, esp the relatively straightforward song structure and throwback to shitty industrial music, but it works great.

been digging some of holly herndon's stuff lately, the sound design on this song is rad, and definitely has an upbeat hecker-ish vibe at time. (she uses max/msp a lot).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybzSWlpgJOA

hecker and especially 0pn are just dynamic as fuck, as well as having a great ear for rhythm (despite hecker not using drums, his music always has a strong rhythmic component imo).

would be interested to hear what else ya'll are digging lately
>>
>>64630585
sadly there is no one who makes music hecker does, so I just play Ravedeath at least twice a week for a few years. nothing is as good and probably ever will be
>>
poor man's ben frost.
>>
>>64630655
might not be as good, but Fennesz is kinda close
>>
>>64630682
>ben frost
deaf man's pete swanson
>>
>>64624050
sounds like a second rate version of either... desu
>>
>>64630655
listen to Vladislav Delay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rgVXLMLG6E
>>
>>64626664
>but lacked good melodies
you seriously only listen to music that focuses on melodies? melodies detract from serious listening
>>
File: Julia_Holter.jpg (643 KB, 3500x2334) Image search: [Google]
Julia_Holter.jpg
643 KB, 3500x2334
>buhhh duhhh muh 0pn, muh tim hecker, ben frost

I like them all but people on here act like they're God. Julia Holter is better than them all anyway.
>>
>>64632028
not much comparable. her ambient stuff isnt at the level of any of them but some of her pop stuff is better. but its not even similar.
>>
>>64632093
I'm just saying it's close enough in terms of current "avant-garde" artists right now
>>
>>64624050
Pretty much
>>
>>64632132
>in terms of current "avant-garde" artists right now
none of them are avant garde at all. slightly experimental in terms of "indie pop" sphere of music but not quite pedestrian compared to art music
>>
>>64624050
The kind of people that love this album are the same people that have very little exposure to electronic dark ambient to begin with. It's very boring and derivative

Of course the people that are bored with hecker and opn will think it's mind blowing
>>
>>64624050
pretty much
>>
>>64632211
I don't mind it mind blowing, I think it's certainly good and the entire space theme is pretty cool. As a lot of anons have called it, its very cinematic. It reminds me a bit of Haxan Cloak a few years back with a sort of overarching theme to it.

It's not groundbreaking, but it's a nice album.
>>
>>64624050
pretty much
>>
>>64632269
>i love dark ambient
>roly porter, ben frost,the haxan cloak, the list goes on...
>>
>>64632431
oh yeah, i only listen to thomas koner, the haxan cloak is too mainstream!
>>
>>64624050
nah it sucks ass
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.