[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pet Sounds Info Thread (help an anon)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: MI0002433952[1].jpg (40 KB, 400x397) Image search: [Google]
MI0002433952[1].jpg
40 KB, 400x397
Hi guys, I need to write an article about Pet Sounds so I'm interested in as much as interesting info and trivia (as well as some less known stuff) about this album (which I love a lot). I know some things about it but I don't think it's interesting enough to an average reader. Anons, help a poor anon, educate him.
>>
Watch Love and Mercy, John Cusack kinda sucks but young Brian is perfect
>>
The Rubber Soul/Sgt. Peppers connection is always interesting.
>>
second watching love and mercy.

there are also a ton of good beach boys documentaries on youtube that give a really good inside look into brian's life at the time

here's one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sX-kFyt73Uw
>>
>>64607370
>>64608219

Thanks guys, will take in consideration!
>>
>>64606396
Brian Wilson wanted to bring a horse into the studio with the band around it, that was the original concept for the cover art.
>>
your mileage may very on what of these are worth sharing and not but off the top of my head:

the second side of The Beach Boys Today album is basically the proto-Pet Sounds

Paul McCartney's favorite song of all time is apparently "God Only Knows"

"Trombone Dixie" (an instrumental b-side from the Pet Sounds sessions) was much later reworked into the song "Had To Phone Ya"

more opinions than fact:
Capitol Records deliberately sabotaged Pet Sounds from being the no. 1 selling album it coulda shoulda been by putting out a "Best of Beach Boys" album shortly after the release of Pet Sounds.

"Here Today" had a lot of hit potential and should have been a single. On the flip side, as very lovely as it is , making "Caroline No" into a single was a waste of resources.
>>
Pet Sounds (the title track) was originally written as a theme song for a James Bond movie (with the working title Run James Run), but was rejected
>>
>>64608960
>Capitol Records deliberately sabotaged Pet Sounds from being the no. 1 selling album it coulda shoulda been by putting out a "Best of Beach Boys" album shortly after the release of Pet Sounds.
Why? Never heard this fact before.
>>
>>64608219
This was great, thanks man
>>
>>64609690
not him but i think they generally didn't support the album that much and didn't believe in it's success so they didn't advertise it as much as they could have. also yeah they released a best of album right after without the band's consent

>>64610111
yeah no problem that was one of the ones i liked the best. also check this one out if you like smile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SriaRRcA6w
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.