[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Konnichiwa
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 2
File: cover.jpg (35 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
35 KB, 500x500
Can we please discuss this delayed-but-worth-the-wait masterpiece?

Favourite song?
Least favourite song?
Skepta's magnum opus?
>>
Is it actually good?

I assumed it would just be a memerap pop album.
>>
Crime Riddim fucking slaps
>>
set me a link
>>
>>64604857
better than views imo
less filler, more bangers
>>
>>64604911
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAyaaio3pqE
>>
>>64604911
dopefile.pk / k49v27hbzbfa
>>
great album if you've never listened to skepta before, good but underwhelming if you have

>>64604911
lynxshare com pszjpkyu6540
>>
hahah this skepta launch party is so shit
>>
This is much better than I thought it'd be.
>>
File: 1461079148013.jpg (15 KB, 205x216) Image search: [Google]
1461079148013.jpg
15 KB, 205x216
"I hate man like a nun"
>>
>>64605142
It's a grime album most of these guys are awful rappers it's all about the vibes bruv.
>>
ladies hit squad still shit
>>
>>64605211
It doesn't fit on the record at all, dunno why he kept it on there.

It's a fucking grime album then you have this weird generic rap song.
>>
see me on the tv hi mum

lmfao
>>
>>64605188
yeah i love it lmao
>>
Why are grime artists so bad at releasing albums?

He's left his fans waiting what, 5 years for this album? And there's 7 new tracks on it. Almost half of the tracks on the album have already been heard.

And this is like a common thing. Jme had a 5 year old track on his album he released last year.

No one releases mixtapes or anything. And you can say "oh it's not an album genre" but what are they doing in the meantime? The bars they spit on sets are all the same.

Grime is not a super complex album. Should be easy to at least drop a project every year but we're lucky if they ever even drop an album.
>>
>>64605288
>Grime is not a super complex album

I meant genre.
>>
>featuring Chip

I was looking forward to hearing the most consistent grime artist of the past year spit some nang bars and diss about 100 different MCs in the same line.

All I got was a shitty pseudo deep PHONE CALL. That's not a feature Joseph!
>>
>>64605330
PREACH
>>
Launch party a shit
>>
Why the fuck has he sampled a clip of him and his friends threatening some kid over Call of Duty?

>where you at senpai give us your location we're coming to your yard

Is this supposed to sound cool?
>>
damn kohhh going in at the launch party rn
>>
>>64604452
I tried liking grime, but I just couldn't do it. A lot of the grime songs I've tried listening to have some of the worst bars/hooks I've ever heard. People say that 'it's completely different from rap' and 'you just don't get it,' but I think they just like the grime aesthetic more than the music. Is this album honestly any different?
>>
>>64605501
Does he come back? I rewound the stream to when he first came out.
>>
>>64605588
its okay, not much different from the generic 1xtra tracks
the pharrell williams song was a bit different from the rest tho
>>
>>64605288
There are no grime albums, only british rap albums.
>>
>>64605588
I felt the same way, but then I watched the Noisey episode about london. It was like a brief intro into what the scene is about. It's music to go fucking ham to, and I'm all about that
>>
>>64605745
No there are definitely a few grime albums out there what are you on about.
>>
>>64605330
track bangs anyway tho
>>
>>64606076
Name some
>>
this album is mediocre as fuck, how is the best grime album made 13 years ago by an 18 year old, literally shocking.
>>
>>64606123
Boy In Da Corner, all of Jme's albums, Microphone Champion, Konnichiwa, Treddin On Thin Ice, Playtime Is Over, Ghetto Gospel
>>
>>64606129
because grime ain't an albums genre and 99% of the time when a grime artist makes an album, it's a half-baked major label cash grab
>>
>>64606129
The thing that bothers me is that grime fans constantly whine about "IT'S NOT AN ALBUM GENRE DON'T JUDGE IT ON THE ALBUMS" yet a ghetto teenager made a fucking critically acclaimed Mercury Prize winning classic in the very early stages of the genre's lifespan.

It's very possible, people are just too lazy to do it.
>>
>>64606197
>grime ain't an albums genre

if an 18 year old can fucking do it there is no excuse, the only hope for the scene is AJ Tracey
>>
all yall need to stand down, this album is great
>>
>>64606275
are you american by chance?
>>
>>64606253
What about The Square? Novelist is the reason I even care about grime again.
>>
>>64606184
Boy in Da corner is more garage than grime and the rest of those are rap.
>>
>>64606253
>AJ Tracey

AJ T MY DAD LIVED IN TOTTENHAM
TRUE MY DAD LIVED IN TOTTENHAM
SOMETHING SOMETHING ARSENAL
SOMETHING SOMETHING ARSENAL
AJ T FROM THE LANE
REALLY VAGUE FORCED SIMILIE
WAVE LIKE WALRUS
>>
>>64606288
Nov had so much potential but as soon as Skepta took him under his wing, his ego skyrocketted substantially, he left the square because he wanted to make the money, and not let his dargs eat.

>>64606298
i went secondary school with AJ aswell looool

>>64606294
there's trap and all sorts of bass music on konnichiwa so idk what point ur trying to make
>>
>>64606253
>who is Rocks FOE

Just started making music and it's already clear that he's gonna go on to become the GOAT desu.

https://soundcloud.com/iglooghost/ell-ft-rocks-foe
https://soundcloud.com/astarocks/rocks-foe-seere-medleyprod-by-rocks-foe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiThDBVZ0gE

Watching him do sets with other MCs is just embarrassing because he genuinely doesn't stop spitting while everyone else runs out of bars. Even changes languages.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JzG-g8Yrs0
>>
>>64606349
Only live recorded albums like zing zing zoom can be grime. That release was the closest thing we had to grime in years.
>>
>>64606392
No.
>>
What's with grime artist filming their videos in front of Trellick Tower lmao? looool im so hard bruv im standing near a council estate
>>
>>64606284

yup. been following skepta for a minute, seen him live, this is exactly what i expected. can't fuck with "Ladies Hit Squad" at all but enjoying pretty much all the others.
>>
>>64606392
>big h

you probably rate kozzie

>>64606429
AJ is from west, trellick is the defining blocks of west
>>
>>64606429
Because literally the only thing you need to be a grime MC is street cred. You HAVE to be hard to make grime music. You don't even necessarily need talent, you just need to be hard.

You have to act a certain way, dress a certain way, rap a certain way over certain beats. It's very formulaic and if you don't follow the formula you'll get completely ostracised, which is why you never see experimental grime artists and why the genre failed to progress.
>>
>>64606472
>which is why you never see experimental grime artists
what is like half the shit on keysound recordings in the past few years wew lad
>>
>>64606472
no just stop, grime is fully dependent on talent, if you chat crud and act like some skengman you will get g checked.
>>
CRIME RIDDIM
>>
>>64606498
Talking about the MC side of grime though.

The MCs will never rap over those instrumentals, and if they do, they will be simplified and made generic.
>>
>>64606513
Name one MC aside from Jme who doesn't act and talk about being hard.
>>
>>64606472
Some of wiley's albums don't even sound like grime or even rap, so I guess you could call that experimental.
>>
>>64606556
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7xn0KMOOxY
>>
>>64606534
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Abvqy2-bFlc
>>
>>64606129
>>64606235
So who is this teen you're talking about? I'm interested in hearing the album
>>
>>64606713
boy in da corner
>most polished
>most varied tracklist covering many topics
>beats sound like they were literally made yesterday
>>
>>64606294
Boy in Da Corner is grime what are you on about
>>
>>64606775
Literally garage with an MC which still makes it garage.
>>
>>64606385
rahhhhh safe for showing me this
>>
>>64606825
I mean grime came directly out of garage and there was a lot of sonic crossover in those days so I don't think you can definitely say it's garage, but not grime. It doesn't even sound like a lot MC-led garage at the time like So Solid or that "Do You Really Like It" shite. It's clearly more in line with the "eskibeat" type stuff Wiley was doing at the time.
>>
grime has a lot of independents so they concentrate on creating a cash flow through merchandise and touring and releasing the odd track. the potential for a truly great grime album is there, they just haven't got the inclination since the work/reward ratio isn't there. they have to hustle to keep it a sustainable thing on their own because it's more profitable that way.

CasisDead will probably do the next great grime album.
>>
>>64606709
>>
>>64606825
>>64606825
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boy_in_da_Corner

>Genre: Grime

g there's literally sino-grime beats on there, just stop it
>>
>>64606825
jesus, read that back to yourself
>>
>>64606123
most notably Avalanche Music Volume 1.
>>
>>64606429
Because ajs from west you bean
>>
>>64606825
>Literally garage with an MC which still makes it garage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ-27rdwJPs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH0KWX2a8zY

Do you not hear the difference?
>>
3 YEARS.
3 FUCKING YEARS.
HE TOLD ME IT WOULD BE OUT IN EVERY SINGLE MONTH IN 2015.

WHAT THE FUCK.

THERE ARE 3 YEAR OLD SONGS ON HERE.

You lucky you're from the manor Skepta. Wouldn't take this shit from anyone else.
>>
>>64606129
Too many guys here hype up boy in the corner when Home Sweet Home is the GOAT
>>
>>64606385
looool trim's face when he realises rocks is spitting in some african language is the funniest thing i've ever seen.

the guy is just looking as his phone not paying attention then suddenly realises what rocks is doing.
>>
>>64606893
cas is cringe horrorcore
>>
>>64607000
GARRIDGE
I DON'T CARE ABOUT GARRIDGE
LISTEN TO THIS IT SURE AINT GARRIDGE
WHO TOLD YOU THAT I MAKE GARRIDGE
>>
>>64607000
>4x4 beats sound similar

the percussion is fucking different, you're a nerd, i'm literally done.
>>
>>64607057
Great album but is it really grime though?
>>
>>64607102
are you american?
>>
>>64606129
F.am Dizzee was 16 when he wrote BIDC. It just took years for release, the verses on it were all at least 2-3 years old.
>>
>>64606129
It isn't though.
Wiley's albums are all better
>>
>>64607135
i've been listening to grime since Channel U
>>
>>64606129
Would you call 100% publishing a grime album? Because that's pretty great. It's not like grime and it's not like rap either.
>>
>>64607108
HSH was a grime album. With one of the finest grime videos ever made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEBJ_tYlMw8

DAMN I MISS THOSE TIMES. Well not really, I was too poor.
>>
>>64607094
true, this is the best cas tune

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zl2G27U0n8I
>>
Fucking british people and their stupid shit when it comes to this kind of music
>lol no i don't listen to albums lmao, singles all the way
>lol mate you have to listen to some shitty radio thing
>lol mate you have to dj with vinyls and play only the rarest tunes ever with less than 50 copies made and no available digital version
>lol mate see if you add a kick and snare drum here it's a TOTALLY brand new genre now i swear
>>
Cas hasn't dropped commercial yet?
>>
>>64607292
Of course not he's a grime mc.
>>
best part of the whole album is the chip phonecall
>>
>>64607280
[banjo intensifies]
>>
>>64607280
>criticizing a genre that says "fuck albums" and embraces the way music was meant to be listened to.
>liking albums
>not liking radio
>wanting sanitized lifeless music
>not wanting to hear music itself
>>
Fuck man.
Skepta just proved he's the don of this shit if anyone still doubted.

After the disappointment of Kano's album it's so satisfying to have a real grime album. Frisco's was decent but too repetitive. Damn this is going to be all I hear this summer at home.
>>
>>64607280
>a bloo bloo a raw genre requires you to dig through the archives to find gold
>>
>>64607349
The phonecall sounded very clear, he must've had great connection. I guess Chip truly can't run out of bars.
>>
>>64607396
kek
>>
>>64607372
>not liking radio
Radio is the scourge of music and should die.
>>
>>64607377
>Skepta just proved he's the don of this shit if anyone still doubted
lol
skepta is only decent on production
as mc he's outclassed by everyone, including fucking jme.

the godfather of grime is better on him in all respects
>>
>>64607432
Stormzy pls go.
>>
>>64607377
>disappointment of Kano's album
get outta here man shit
>>
>>64607455
Dizzee is the one who semi-famously used the phrase godfather of grime.
>>
I dont know why anons calling me senpai all of a sudden
>>
>>64607422
I mean I know that in America, almost every radio station is owned by the same media conglomerate and plays all the same shit, but over here, pirate radio has been a staple of the underground music scene for a long time and even former piratesl ike Rinse went legal and primarily Top 40 stations have shifted to fill that niche as well with specialty programming (ie. Radio 1 at night or 1Xtra all the time)
>>
>>64607457
Kano's album had 4 grime songs.

>>64607432
And really, if you think Integrity is better than this you're dumb as fuck.

>>64607475
Wiley's the godfather of grime retard.
>>
>>64607508
Grime or not it was still a sick album
>>
>>64607508
>Wiley's the godfather of grime retard.
Dizzee is the one who called him that, senpai
>>
>>64607552
Everyone calls Wiley that senpai. No doubt it's true.
>>
>>64607396
nice
>>
ping torrents
>>
>>64607422
Bitch, why you dissin radio? Even big stations like BBC radio 6 are the shit senpai.
>>
I remember listening to Microphone Champion once and it didn't blow me away so I'm not expecting much out of this. I bet rich, white students and Noisey writers are going to love it though
>>
>>64607666
It's much better. All of Skepta's previous releases don't touch this one. Microphone Champion was weak.
>>
>>64607666
I GOT SO MUCH ED HARDY CLOTHES I COULD OPEN MY OWN ED HARDY SHOP
>>
Albums are too accessible, that's why shit like this is for them white folk. The real shit is outside that nonsense. These so called grime albums are dragging the whole scene through the mud. Fuck that shit, the only grime I need to hear is or was on the radio.
>>
>>64607649
Probably American desu
>>
>>64607694
Microphone champ was kinda crap but the track with based Giggs basically redeemed the whole thing
I swear giggs destroys any track he features on but his own stuff is kinda meh

>>64607750
Lol shut up
>>
>>64607853
>giggs destroys any track he features on but his own stuff is kinda meh

Pretty much.
>>
What's with the phone conversation with Chip ?
>>
god the skit at the end of crime riddim is cringe
>>
>>64608136
Just a standard pseudo-deep skit. I guess Skeppy was feeling stressed so he called up Chip and Chip gave him some kind of pep talk.

Really don't know why Chip didn't get a verse on the album though. He's been making big moves in the past year, he would've killed it.
>>
>>64608250
I don't know who I'm cringing more at, the white kid or Skepta's friend.

>c'moooooon big man tiiiing
>>
>>64608310
just playing up to london tropes, and its not even done well
>>
MAN TALK SLANG SO THE FEDS CAN'T WORK OUT WHAT I JUST SAID TO A MAN

Big tune, amazing qotsa sample
>>
MY MUM DON'T KNOW YOUR MUM STOP TELLIN MAN YOU'RE MY COUSIN
>>
LOOOOOOL HE'S DOING A FUCKING ALBUM SIGNING IN SPORTS DIRECT

HE'S TAKEN THIS TOO FAR
>>
>>64609415
skeppy is in tokyo idiot
>>
The audience is so fucking weak
>>
>>64605288
>Grime artists
>having any idea what theyre doing
nope

you really start to appreciate US marketing power
>>
>>64609623Now that drake "signed to BBK", they'll get so much more attention. I think that is a very good thing
>>
>>64606893
>>64607094
>>64607237
>>64607292

Cas is the best grime mc.
>>
SUPER POWERS SENPAI
>>
>>64609522
Yeah but he's doing a Sports Direct album signing next week Jamie just tweeted about it
>>
>>64607101
wiley kats got his own sound but its not garage
>>
This album is such a mess.
>>
>>64609277
LIKE HM
Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.