[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Radiotrash
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: radiohead - ok computer.jpg (121 KB, 953x953) Image search: [Google]
radiohead - ok computer.jpg
121 KB, 953x953
Okay, now that /mu/ apparently hates Radiohead, can we all agree that this is the most overrated album of the 90's?
>>
No.
>>
>>64602727
anyone that doesn't think OK Computer isn't overrated is retarded, but when did /mu/ hate Radiohead.
>>
>>64602727
Nevermind exists so no, its not quite goat but its still great.
>>
>>64602980
>but when did /mu/ hate Radiohead.
Where have you been the past few days? This board is now roughly 67% images of the new single with anons repeating the word "coldplay" ad infinitum.
>>
>>64603096
>Where have you been the past few days?
Doing college work and playing bass
>>
>>64603079
>Nevermind
That's a funny way of spelling What's The Story (Morning Glory?) anon fufufu
>>
>>64602727
>overrated
pablo honey
>underrated
hail to the thief
>>
>>64603279
>Pablo Honey
>overrated
It literally gets shat on in absolute ridiculous quantities despite being a pretty decent rock album. It's everything except overrated.

>underrated
>HTTT
Agreed. It's not as inconsistent as most folks say, I find most tracks enjoyable and catchy.
>>
>>64603279
>hail to the thief
>>64603361
>I find most tracks enjoyable and catchy.
I honestly agree. I think it's my third favorite Radiohead album, behind OK Computer and Kid A. (And, honestly, sometimes I prefer it to Kid A.) I think "2+2=5" is the best opening track of any Radiohead album. The explosion at "Because..." is so fucking great.
>>
>>64603555
>>64603361
A wolf at the door is a strange closer, but theres a lot of tracks on HTTT that are pretty great
>>
fuck off with these threads radiohead is my favourite band and i wont allow you to turn it into a shit meme just because your pleb taste stops you from being able to enjoy it
>muh tay tay
>muh grimes
>muh kpop threads
>>
>>64602727
How is it overrated? It's one of Radiohead's best albums, was pretty much a blueprint for bands like Keane and Coldplay, and is one of the most sophisticated albums of the 90's (when compared to other "greats" like Nevermind, Ten and Dookie, which were very much products of their time). You could release OK Computer today and it would still sound modern.
>>
>>64603639
I feel like A Wolf At The Door as an ending song is similar to The Tourist on OK Computer. Both albums start out pretty raw and heavy and have a subdued ending.I don't think A Wolf At The Door is as strong, but it seems to fit their thing.
>>
>>64603649
This

Stop Radioheas shitposting
>>
>>64603649
>i wont allow you to turn it into a shit meme
Sorry to say this, bro, but it's already a meme. You can't stop end. You can't put the genie back in the bottle.
>>
>>64603361
>It literally gets shat on in absolute ridiculous quantities despite being a pretty decent rock album. It's everything except overrated.
This is just incorrect. Sure it doesn't get the OK / KID treatment, but most put it right below the two.
>>
Dadrockers: The Thread
>>
lmao youre actually retarded OP okc is objectively a masterpiece
>>
>>64603639
Wolf at the Door is their best closer imo (rivaling Life in a Glasshouse) not as much for its quality (though I love the song) as it is for how well it just "fits" as a closer.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.