[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guitar noob
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 53636345345435.jpg (18 KB, 425x282) Image search: [Google]
53636345345435.jpg
18 KB, 425x282
Hi /m
So i've played guitar for a while.
Love to play thrash.
I know im not good. Im learning.
But it would be fun to get some feedback from other people. (I dont really know anyone who plays guitar)

So please watch the vid. and tell me what you think. Keep in mind im still learning!
Tips and stuff are welcome

https://vid.me/GIN7
>>
OP here.
I know the sound and so on i horrible.
But it's what i can do atm.
>>
>>64601364
You did use a pick, didn't you?
>>
>>64601457
No i didnt.
I am learning to use pick right now.
But i cant play a song this fast with pick yet.
>>
>>64601471
Okay, one mistake is in your right hand technique. Learn to hold a pick properly, and your wrist in the right angle.
For thrash metal, you have to use palm muting a lot. That means you have to rest the edge of your palm on the bridge, this results in a more percussive sound. This might fix the angle of your wrist, and wouldn't damage it that much.
>>
>>64601520
Thanks for the feedback anon!

I know this, and i startet to play this way.
It makes it sound SO much more "metal"
But i think its hard to make the fast up and down movement on the E in this way.
But yea. I guess i will get it one day.
>>
>>64601554
Just practice tremolo picking (fast alternating picking)
Set up a metronome on a comfortable speed, like 90. On every odd, down stroke. every even, upstroke. If you are comfortable with the motion, turn up to 110 or so, whatever works. Practice slowly, so every single tiny movement is in correct place.
>>
File: YNGWIE4.jpg (52 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
YNGWIE4.jpg
52 KB, 640x480
Not bad honestly. I've been playing longer than you've been alive and I've seen worse playing shows in bands. You're gonna hear this alot: practice slow and slowly pick up the pace til you are playing super clean.

There are tons of free guitar lessons on youtube. Also look into downloading instructional dvds from piratebay or whatever.

I learned alot about shredding and playing accurately watching John Petrucci Rock Discipline.

If you wanna play like Kerry King just get a guitar with a whammy bar and go apeshit
>>
>>64601601
That sounds like a good idea. I'll try this.
I dont own a metronome. But im pretty sure i can find one online.

I've watched some vids. And try to hold the pick as many thrash players does. (Like Kerry King who is really good at tremolo imo)
But it just doesnt feel right to me.

I think your idea would help alot. Thanks!

So besides the right hand issue.
What do you think? Do you think i have potential?
>>
>>64601729
Besides this, learn techniques, songs you like, and you are all set. Practice makes perfect.
>>
>>64601602
Thanks dude!
This actually means alot. I have never gotten any postive feedback on my playing.
So it means a lot to hear that im not completely horrible.

Sounds good! i will surely check this out.

But does Kerry King use Whammy? I dont see that at all.
Isnt that more of a metallica thing?
>>
>>64601755
I will!
I really like Exodus (with Rob Dukes)
But their playing style is so fucking weird and complicated to me. I guess i will master the picking first. and then it will come.
>>
OP here.
I also have a question about the palm muting.
Do you "release" the muting when you play a powerchord? And only mute when you tremolo and stuff?
Or do you just mute it all the time?
>>
>>64602004
decent
>>
>>64602004
that pussy is mashed nigga
>>
File: 235425236265.jpg (77 KB, 697x882) Image search: [Google]
235425236265.jpg
77 KB, 697x882
>>64602056
>>64602027
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.