[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is hlp hop electronic (dance) music?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: snoop-dr-dre-game-in-studio.jpg (226 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
snoop-dr-dre-game-in-studio.jpg
226 KB, 1600x1200
Is hlp hop electronic (dance) music?
>>
>>64600617
No
What made you think that?
>>
>>64600801
Yes
What made you not think that?
>>
>>64600801
its electronic
(its being danced to)
its music
>>
>>64600801
Kool Herc was a Jamaican DJ
Breakdancing came from hip hop
People go to live shows and dance
Its music made using electronic instrumentation
>>
>>64600843
you can dance to most music though. It's only dance music if it's made with the sole purpose of being danced to
>>
>>64600876
>>64600871
>>
>>64600871
That's a very loose connection

So I guess some derivatives of rock are also electronic? kek
>>
>>64600982
>That's a very loose connection
What is?
>>
>>64601028
Hip-hop has evolved and changed so much from It's humble roots with herc and the graffiti/breakdance craze. It's made by listeners for the listeners and is a dynamic genre.
>>
>>64600893
but hip hop artists don't make albums thinking "these lyrics will help people dance to it". A lot of instrumentals aren't very good to dance to.

Maybe some hip hop is dance music, but not all of it.
>>
>>64600843
>>64600871
hip hop is not dance music and this is bait
>>
>>64601091
>>64601094
Some isn't, majority is

>>64601129
No, they are objective facts
>>
>>64601171
yes they are four objective facts but they do not imply hip hop is dance music, and it obviously fucking isn't if you know anything about the music
>>
>>64601171
well I don't think that's a judgement call you can make. I would argue that lyricism is not necessary for dance music, and a majority of hip hop is lyrical.
Therefore, the majority of hip hop is not dance music.
>>
>>64600617
Some of it, sure.
>>
File: Dreigroschenoper.jpg (55 KB, 500x636) Image search: [Google]
Dreigroschenoper.jpg
55 KB, 500x636
It's root are this sort of thing

because you listen to the skits and things, it's more like a burlesque entertainment

depending

It's the style of cheap published periodicals

murder and rape and that sort of thing

but, it's social message died - that's incontrovertible

Punk
Black Metal
Hip Hop

I personally don't see them as alive anymore
>>
>>64601129
Old hip hop music was made to break dance to..

The newer west coast sound that came out of the late 80s early 90s created a new style of music made for cruising in your car to with an original sound.
>>
>>64601725
The social messages didn't die they just became less mainstream after west coast gangster rap.
>>
>>64602060
maybe ... nah, not like how they used to, or it was Gospel
>>
>>64602193
You have to listen to stuff other than whats on the radio.
>>
>>64602048
yes and that new sound IS hip hop you absolute mong

looped breaks in clubs were proto-hip hop at most
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.