[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any albums similar to this? I want that world music kinda feel,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: Graceland_cover_-_Paul_Simon.jpg (322 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Graceland_cover_-_Paul_Simon.jpg
322 KB, 1000x1000
Any albums similar to this? I want that world music kinda feel, with all that MAMO EY MAMO EY african shit. Like That Mice Parade album? I already know and love Animal Collective.
>>
All of the vampire weekend albums probably. Anyway paul simon stole that entire album apparently so you should look up who he stole it from and seek out their other work.

My life in the bush of ghosts is also about africa. It reminds me of that amos tutuola book, the palm wine drinkard, if any of yall have read it.
>>
>>64592192
I'm not crazy about Vampire Weekend, i feel like they're a dumb version of Animal Collective, but i kinda see what you're saying
>>
>>64592243
Literally nothing alike even remotely. You;'re a fucking retard.

Dirty Projectors - Bitte Orca

VW used to be members and Dave from DP taught them about African music.
>>
File: homepage_large.752440a8.jpg (94 KB, 319x319) Image search: [Google]
homepage_large.752440a8.jpg
94 KB, 319x319
>>
>>64592192
>My life in the bush of ghosts is also about africa.
incorrect. They were inspired by tribal music they heard on Orca records and sought to create music as if it were from an undiscovered isolated civilization that they made up.

>>64593313
VW are fucking shit and you shouldn't even masturbate without thinking about sticking your mother's severed hand in you father's distended urethra if you like them

>>64592159
Listen to Maps and Atlases. Start with Perch Patchwork.
>>
>>64593386

Dude is saying VW and AnCo sound similar. Which is literal down syndrome.
>>
>>64592243
>I'm not crazy about Vampire Weekend, i feel like they're a dumb version of Animal Collective
This might be the stupidest thing I've ever read on /mu/
>>
File: DirtyProjectors-BitteOrca.jpg (61 KB, 525x525) Image search: [Google]
DirtyProjectors-BitteOrca.jpg
61 KB, 525x525
This senpai
>>
File: sippysip.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
sippysip.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
>>64592159
why not check out Highlife music?

Prince Nico, S.E. Rogie, the list goes on...
>>
>>64592159
Disgusting.

How about you listen to actual african music by african musicians? Racist piece of shit.

Paul Simon and his fans are vile.
>>
File: Folder.jpg (1 MB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
Folder.jpg
1 MB, 1500x1500
Obligatory
>>
>>64592243
is Give Up The Ghost the only VW song you've ever heard
even then, only the first 5 seconds sound like Animal Collective
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.