[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on his music?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2
File: Dean-Blunt030314.jpg (124 KB, 685x570) Image search: [Google]
Dean-Blunt030314.jpg
124 KB, 685x570
Thoughts on his music?
>>
It's anti music
>>
>>64575538
He's amazing. A genuine artist.
>>
love deans music
hate his fans
hate him personally
>>
Terrible. I wouldn't say that The Redeemer was a complete waste of my time, but it was definitely littered with lazy production and mediocre tracks.
>>
>>64575598
After BBF I'm pretty sure he hates his fans too.
>>
>>64575538
The narcissist was actually really solid and probably my favourite of his. Black metal also had some sick songs on it. can not get around his new bbf project at all though half the tracks on there sound deliberately obnoxious
>>
he's crap
>>
where did he get the samples of the guy being robbed on BBF i've heard the dudes voice before i think

where did he get the movie samples on Narcissist
>>
Loved his work and was able to have interesting discussions with other fans prior to BBF but post-BBF it's been nothing but memes and spam so I suppose I ought to congratulate the autists on this board for yet again ruining a musician so we can have more AnCo, Deathgrips, Grimes and Radiohead threads.

Hurray!
>>
>>64575725
He did it to himself. To be fair, he was 90% meme anyways before BFF.
>>
>>64575750
>his various collabs with Inga
>Stone Island
>Narcissist II
>The Redeemer
>Black Metal
>90% meme
Couldn't disagree with you more.
>>
>>64575724
narcissist isn't a movie it's from this videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mz1EI893dFM

he's gotten more obscure with his latest stuff so I'd imagine its from local low budget uk films that only locals would know

>>64575725
he did it to himself. this is worst than his WHITE MAN I SAY TO YOU OVER AND OVER AGAIN
because it's 5mins of craig david being a shitcunt with classic guitar

anyway I think dean's tired of art/music and is doing career suicide
>>
>>64575817
>WHITE MAN I SAY TO YOU OVER AND OVER AGAIN
What?
>>
>>64575850

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WoAo57HKLk
he loops this stuff for 10mins at his live shows
>>
>>64575850
its on skin fade i think
>>
>>64575881
>>64575885
Of course it's the only one I haven't listened to.

Thanks.
>>
>>64575817
>anyway I think dean's tired of art/music and is doing career suicide

It's funny, I went to an art exhibition he curated a few years ago and it was full of trendy Vice cunts who'd turned up expecting a cool concert by the next big thing. He was DJing earsplitting noise in a little cupboard thing out of the way and we had a nice chat and I got the Mersch 10" off him. Most of the people there had no idea where he was any they were getting visibly riled up that weren't going to get an instagram photo with a pitchfork darling. He was actively avoiding these people and the event itself. BBF seems like a reaction to these kind of environments that he's found himself in, particularly since he got involved with hyperdub.
>>
>>64575928
>actively avoiding these people and the event itself at his own event
Good one dean blunt.
Also don't sound so bitter and assume that everyone at a dean blunt is there for hipster cred a lot of people genuinely like what he's got going for him which is why i assume you were there. And can dean blunt honestly be classified as pitchfork darling? Not even rhetorical, i'm actually curious
>>
>>64575773
So he's made music. Good for him. How many threads do you see of Dean Blunt on a daily basis? I see several. The man is a fucking meme.
>>
>>64576086
I was saying that none of those releases contributed to him becoming a meme.

>how many threads do you see of Dean Blunt on a daily basis?
>the man is a fucking meme
Post BBF, sure. He's a meme, but OPN, James Ferraro and Arca are getting memed similarly without much provocation on their part, which is my whole fucking point: That retards on this board are more to blame than the musicians themselves.
>>
>>64576066
You're right I was mean, I'm sure a lot of people were there for the right reasons and I take that back. Although there were a large number of people who literally work at Vice there, I've worked with them in the past myself.
>>
>>64576129
>Post BBF, sure.
How new are you? I've only been here since last summer but even then there were daily Dean threads. Only OPN comes close to meme frequency.

>retards on this board are more to blame than the musicians themselves
Uhh, no shit?
>>
>>64576228
I took a break from this place at the start of 2015 and only returned this winter. If Dean's been popular enough to even surpass OPN, I'm surprised.

>Uhh, no shit?
So you agree with me?

So why are you replying to me?

So why the fuck are you wasting my goddamn time with this non-argument bullshit when we fucking agree?

Goddamn, you autistic motherfucker I have better shit to do than entertain disputes over trivial fucking details.

Stop wasting my goddamn time, stupid ass piece of fucking shit.
>>
>>64576281
lmao
>>
>>64576281
hi unty
>>
>>64575928
I think talking about his involvement with Hypderub is interesting though. Even BBF was released on Hypderub and its been getting some shit talk, but really, Kode9 isn't going to let Dean just do whatever the fuck he wants, its got to have merit. So although it might not be his best piece of work aesthetically or to listen to, it has a purpose
>>
File: oleary.jpg (47 KB, 696x523) Image search: [Google]
oleary.jpg
47 KB, 696x523
when i listen to him i dont know what is a sample and what is original. and for that reason im out
>>
>>64577077
kevin doesnt say "and for that reason" thats mark and lori, and sometimes robert

u nerd
>>
Shawdy fell in love with a hustla
>>
>>64576066
Pitchfork don't give two shits about him. Most of their reviews of anything he's done has been mostly negative and the BBF one was pretty much "I don't get it but it's supposed to be good I think!" by some dude with zero knowledge of any background of his music

Tinymixtapes rides his dick hard though
>>
>>64575538
>'his' music
>>
>>64575538

out of the thousands of albums I've heard, his most recent Babyfather one would probably rank in my bottom ten.

everything else he's done is fanastic though, especially The Redeemer.
>>
who the heck is this lol
>>
Affirmative Action artist for the wire crowd
>>
>>64578630
>he's the kind of person babyfather is targeted at

gutted m8
>>
Marcel-core
>>
BBF IS GARBAGE
>>
>>64576351
LMAAAOOO I was thinking the same thing. This is definitely cunty.
>>
>>64580153
that's the point :^)
>>
i hope dean gets hit by a car
>>
Hack general?
>>
>>64576086
he wouldn't be if it wasn't due to the autistic rym bleedover.
>>
>>64575538
the gimmick is getting old
he should move forward with his older hype williams style
>>
>>64575598
>hate him personally
Why
>>
>>64576086
get cancer
>>
>>64575538
god music
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.