[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What if Freddie didn't die? Would we have grown to hate Queen?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: Freddie-Mercury.jpg (140 KB, 1060x816) Image search: [Google]
Freddie-Mercury.jpg
140 KB, 1060x816
What if Freddie didn't die?

Would we have grown to hate Queen?
>>
>not already hating meme-core
>>
File: 1459293576118.jpg (66 KB, 851x623) Image search: [Google]
1459293576118.jpg
66 KB, 851x623
"Bohemian Rhapsody is the best song ever written."
>>
>grown to
They were already putting out shit by the time he died and were always incredibly inconsistent.
>>
>>64572209
Why did Queen's output suddenly turn to shit after 1984?
>>
>>64572139
I hate We Are the Champions and Bohemian Rhapsody.
>>
>>64572209
>>64572360
The Show Must Go On is a legit song though.
>>
>>64572139
Queen is already arguably the biggest meme-band in history

If you dare argue against me I'll post that Bohemian Rhapsody comic made entirely of rage faces
>>
The real question is how much would /mu/ hate Queen if Reddlt didn't exist?
>>
>>64572360
Their output was always shaky, I've never seen them as anything other than a good singles band. As
>>
>>64572404
Probably slightly less but still a fair amount
>>
>>64572404
Exactly the same.

Reddit didn't cause every Karaoke Bar in America, possibly the world over, to have a copy of Bohemian Rhapsody, We are the Champions, and We Will Rock You in their library.

And it certainly didn't make every person, young or old, pick one of the three in every single session.
>>
File: 1445210618790.png (180 KB, 1390x1380) Image search: [Google]
1445210618790.png
180 KB, 1390x1380
>>64572404
my dad said they were shit so I'd probably still not like them if /mu/ did, there's also the fact that i hate rock music though
>>
>>64572482
dumb anti-intellectual avatarfag
>>
>>64572391
i want to see that
>>
>>64572482
What about prog? post-rock?
>>
Freddie was a man with great vocal talent that was wasted on an absolutely garbage band.

I mean his talent isn't even an objective thing considering it managed to raise such fucking awful songwriting to such heights of popularity.
>>
>>64572377
A legit song which would never have been written if he hadn't been dying.
>>
I still wouldn't like them. I don't enjoy bands or atists whose best selling album is a fucking "greatest hits" compilation. Queen will always be famous for their sigles, not their albums, because their albums are boring.
>>
>>64572139
I think Queen would have ended up like Pink Floyd, slowly tapering off, nobody hating it, but the band always being a shadow of it's former self.
>>
>>64572139
No. The people on the board who hate Queen are little memesters that parrot the opinions of others on this board.

If he had lived though, Queen would probably have been really shitty in the 90s-00s and then made some sort of comeback like Bowie in the 2010s.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.