[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did you guys think of the new Radiohead track?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
What did you guys think of the new Radiohead track?
>>
>>64567983
as an autistic radiohead fan, i can say that i like it more than anything on Tkol (with the exception of maybe separator).
>>
Subpar string arrangement

Subpar chord progression

Subpar melody on Thom's part
>>
solid 8/10
>>
>>64567983
Sounds really good. I'm surprised they seemed to only use strings and drums. Thom's singing was incredible as always and really glad and happy for LP9.
>>
>>64568018
yeah Imma have to agree, I like the song but I hope the whole album wont sound like this
>>
>>64567983
Coldplay

etc, etc,

Thanks for the money.
>>
>>64567983
not at all the most groundbreaking song in their discography, but anyone expecting that at this point from the lead single after a five year hiatus is kidding themselves. A solid song, and definitely has the Radiohead feel to it, a new direction. hyped for lp9.
Solid 8/10
>>
It's a very good song that some people hate because it's not the National Anthem.
>>
>>64568158
>>64568192
if you think that Radiohead has lost their creativity I must refer you to Bloom, Lotus Flower, and Give Up the Ghost
>>
>>64568052
There's some bass in there too
>>
8/10

I was hoping they'd stay in the same direction as Spectre, glad of all the orchestral arrangements.
>>
I really fucking enjoyed it. Upon the first listen I thought it was OK, but it really clicked for me in the 2nd and 3rd listens and I am very hyped for the album.

I think it sounds like what Coldplay should have done times a billion and I really really fucking enjoy the shit out of it
>>
>>64568205
oh don't get me wrong i don't think they've lost their creativity at all, and all of those songs are great examples of that, but Burn The Witch's direction is not unseen in Radiohead's discography. It echoes the string arrangements of In Rainbows pretty heavily, but in a different slightly more sinister direction. Still, not necessarily "groundbreaking"
>>
>>64568228
>>64568158
>>64568021
So, I think we all are in an agreement that the song was an 8/10. Also I'm surprised Radiohead has managed to consistently create music all these years. A lot of older bands from the 90s would have hit their creative peak by now
>>
Really interesting and good stuff as usual, got me hyped as fuck. I just think the chamber pop-ish string part over the electronic bass creates this great kinda idiosyncratic and eerie feel which I think is totally what they were going for, I'm personally super excited for LP9
>>
>>64568360
create good music*** its easy to make music but making good music is the hard part
>>
>>64568360
most bands aren't actually in it for the art
>>
It was good. Not great, but good. My expectations weren't too high.
>>
Am I the only one that thinks it sounds like an orchestrated version of 'Default'?
>>
>>64568395
That's true, a lot of "artists" are just trying to make a quick buck rather than trying to make art
>>
>>64567983
So is this song something a person who only cares for Kid A and Amnesiac and hasn't tried out their other stuff because they didn't care much for what they heard of it would like
>>
>>64568512
yes
>>
>>64567983
Ive listened to it twice, and the more I think about it, the more irritated I become.

The band is currently in the death throes of their creativity. Musicians DO NOT age well, and the creative well starts to dry up around their age.

I can only speculate, but Johnny Greenwood is currently wrapped up in "important" artistic projects, and Radiohead hasn't been his main creative output for a long time. He's even made some elitist remarks on how going back to a band after you've worked with an orchestra feels strange; that said, he's the only one who has the ability to elevate Thom Yorkes descent into banality. And the only way this album isn't going to completely underwhelm, is if Yorke AND Greenwood treated it as if their reputations were on the line -- that, and a recognition that they needed to do something special in order to get people excited beyond the fact that it's a new Radiohead album... and given the single, something tells me they've rested on their laurels
>>
It was okay
>>
the one thing i don't like about it is that there are moments where it sounds like they used pitch correction on thom's voice, which is bullshit because I'd much rather hear an old kinda beat up thom yorke voice
>>
>>64567983
I like it more than pretty much every track on King of Limbs.
>>
>>64568512
that's actually the best audience for this song. it's like a more upbeat-sounding sequel to How To Disappear Completely
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.