[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's funny seeing all you fucking redditors squirm as you're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: yorke-1017.jpg (73 KB, 685x385) Image search: [Google]
yorke-1017.jpg
73 KB, 685x385
It's funny seeing all you fucking redditors squirm as you're being accosted by people who see through the bullshit.

Burn the Witch is awful. It's a worse version of Viva la Vida. Go back to /r/indieheads if you disagree.
>>
We know you're the same guy who's been posting this shit for hours. It's kind of sad.
>>
File: bait.jpg (36 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
36 KB, 625x626
>>
>>64558602
>>64558603
I know you're both from reddit so it evens out, kids.
>>
>>64558642
Is everyone who disagrees with you reddit? Go away
>>
>>64558683
No, just the people who think BTW is good.
>>
>>64558642
#TOLD
>>
>>64558555
Shut up.

️️Radiohead is fucking amazing and you are now making me rip on coldplay which I never wanted to do.
>>
>>64558555
>Viva la Vida
i knew it sounded like something i've heard before. thanks op
>>
>>64558760
Oh hey look another redditor
>>
>>64558555
le redditor meme amirite?
>>
>>64558799
>pls stop insulting my favrit website
>>
Lol not every song with strings is viva la vida fucknugget I think it's great the last minute gets pretty intense and I think it's a really good teaser for an amazing album to come, obviously this isn't the best song on the album there's still gonna be lift or maybe ful stop and then it'll be good af so chill and wait for the rest I bet it'll be better in context with the rest of the album maybe the climate denial " burn the witch" metaphor will extend the other song titles are weather related too and they're v politically active ab climate change
>>
>>64558831
if your favourite website isn't Pitchfork you need to step up your game :^^^)))))
>>
So is this the latest epic fanboy chum chum meme that's gonna take a huge shit on the board for the next 4-5 days?
>>
Its very average but it sounds nothing like coldplay at all
>>
why do some ppl feel the need to shit on what other people enjoy, is the real question. No on makes you listen to their music op
>>
>>64558897
Better than the redditors claiming this shit is good.
>>64558905
Viva la Vida
>>
>>64558555
why are "redditor" and "reddit" derogatory terms here? It's one of those memes I never understood. From what I've seen, Reddit has an awful voting system, but I honestly do not believe that there is not a big overlap between people who post here and there. So what the fuck is going on here?
>>
>>64558943
4chan community hates reddit. So it's like an offense
>>
>>64558943
Kill yourself.
>>
>>64559011
Edgy
>>
>>64559011
? ? ? ? ?
?
?
?
?

>>64558980
I know that, but I find it hard to believe there's not a giant overlap between the userbases of both sites. This is one of those things I don't really get. Like calling people "faggots" as if it's an insult while 99% of people here are gay or fap to fucking traps. Shit is ridiculous.
>>
>Coldplay start out as Radiohead-lite
>Finally develop their own unique sound on VLV
>Radiohead rip it off 8 years later

Poetry
>>
>>64559072
Redditors have noticeably different taste from actual 4channers.
>>
>>64559080
We know it's you
>>
yall motherfuckers are giving me cancer, honestly
>>
radiohead sucks and always has
>>
>>64558916
two words: superiority complex
>>
>>64559122
I've seen a chart of last.fm top20 of two groups: some reddit-related group and /mu/ group and the top 20 or so artists were pretty damn close. I can't find it right now, but it must be in the archive somewhere. I can't sustain my disbelief that the taste of one group of hipster autists who spent a few hours in front of the computer every day would be that much different from the taste of another group of hipster autists who spent a few hours in front of the computer every day.
>>
File: REDDIT IS GONNA FREAK.png (3 KB, 394x73) Image search: [Google]
REDDIT IS GONNA FREAK.png
3 KB, 394x73
>>
>>64559122
Not really. /r/music's lastfm group isn't much different from /mu/'s.
>>
>>64558916
are you oversensitive? too young to learn how to deal with criticisms?
>>
>>64559238
>Making a reddit account just to say this

OP lives a sad life
>>
Great!

When you think about it, these kind of drums were kind of the only thing that would make sense. Conventional rock drumming would've totally covered up the orchestration, and hid the cool little things Jonny did like the screechy strings towards the end. I wonder if we'll see more of the plucked strings and these hi-hats in the rest of the album.

I think Radiohead probably had a hard time figuring out how to carry a groove with such a heavy orchestral sound, which prevented them from using their most basic rock techniques. This was the solution. But will they use the same trick repeatedly for the rest of the album? Hard to imagine, but we'll see.

I also like the Bitcrusher synth. It's really funny how they use it, beatboxing, and the hi-hats with the orchestra, and it all somehow totally fits. It sounds great -- like a song from Kirby: Canvas Curse.

Also, that melody is really ballsy. I like it. It's a very strange change they use in the hook, not sure if that has to do with the key, or the intervals of the melody. But it works. And the "we know where you live" line totally makes it.

Lastly, I just wanted to say I relate to this song on a personal level. With lines like "loose talk around tables," "this is a low-flying panic attack," "abandon all reason," and "burn the witch," and "we know where you live," I'm reminded of the Islamophobic sentiment in America right now. I'm referring of course to how we're being subjected to spying in mosques, how Ted Cruz wants Muslim neighborhoods to be subjected to mass surveillance, and how Donald Trump wants to put us all on a registry. I think the song can be related to a lot of mass hysteria.

I do have one criticism though. As much as I like the song, I wonder what's up with Thom's voice. It sounds fine, but is it mixed lower? It sounds weaker than it has been before, even on songs like "Spectre." He kind of just coasts along the song, but it still sounds great.
>>
but viva la vida is a choon who cares if they sound similar
>>
>>64559334
his voice has definitely gotten thinner over time, still sounds pretty but he can't belt it out anymore. I thought he sounded fine on the song though.
>>
>>64559072
You can be gay without being a faggot and vice versa
>>
>Radiohead rips off Coldplay
>Coldplay rips off muse
>Muse rips off VLV
>Radiohead rips off Muse ripping off VLV
>Burn the witch
>>
Lmao quality thread for real
>>
>>64558555
I absolutely agree that Burn the Witch is bad and it does sound like it belongs on Viva La Vida.
>>
>>64559122
lmfao, every website's music taste is the same set of universally acclaimed albums
>>
>>64558760
You listen to Oasis.
>>64558555
>Falling for the Radiohead meme.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.