[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is this the so called music "journalism"?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 2
File: 7326187.png (254 KB, 585x423) Image search: [Google]
7326187.png
254 KB, 585x423
is this the so called music "journalism"?
>>
is that true?
>>
>>64555900
lmao they're trying so hard
>wow that's incredible what an hypocrite
>>
they're gonna pan it I feel it
>>
>>64555900
>is this the so called music "journalism"?
No its actually just a flippant tweet.
>>
>>64556170
9.8 BNM
>>
>>64556203
PANNED
>>
>>64556203
>>
>>64556170

Is it 'turn your brain off' music from an upcoming black suburban rapper? Is it Drake? Is it Beyonce or any other 'empowered' female musician talking about The Big Issues? Then no, of course they won't like it.
>>
>>64556170
They panned TKOL, it will receive a low BNM
>>
>>64555900
Holy shit that's disingenuous. Probably won't publish an article about how Beyonce and Jay-Z drummed up cheating rumors for sales
>>
>We don't like Thom Yorke. Today, we used his name and reputation for clicks
>>
>>64556203

Nah. It was too long a break. Guaranteed they'll give them 8.5 minimum. I'm betting it'll be 8.7-8.9.
>>
>>64556299
t h i s
>>
>>64556247
>is it Drake?

Found the /v/ nerd. Nobody liked Drakes new album
>>
>>64556296
Cuck4k would never say anything bad about a black artist
>>
>>64556203

they will literally never give a rating above 9.5 to a white artist again

they will probably pan it even more than TKOL to seem edgy and "with the times" like they just did with AnCo
>>
>>64556555
Different anon here, didn't P4k give it a positive review?
>>
>>64556932
Painting With was legitimately bad though
>>
>>64556961
They gave it like a 6. something, which it deserved since it was boring and full of filler

but of course the meme that p4k unilaterally praises black artists and black artists only will persist
>>
>>64556967

but it isn't, I legitimately love it

there is a couple filler tracks but so many 10/10 moments and it's just super fun to dance to or put on while you're working. it's kind of like AnCo's version of an "easy-listening" album, it's fun pop tunes but with a little psychedelic edge to set it apart from generic radio pop.

I'd give it an 8/10 at least.
>>
>>64557097
dude you can't say "couple of filler tracks' than slap a 8/10 on it
I can't take you serious with that
>>
you babies piss yourselves over the absolute dumbest shit. it's a tweet.
>>
''"""""""Pitch "If it ain't bout a nigger the score ain't bigger" Fork'''""""""
>>
>>64557126

...it's not possible for an album with like 15 tracks to be an 8/10 with a couple of them being filler?? why not?

Scaruffi gave Ultraviolence a 7/10 and said the entire album except for five tracks are filler, and he has the LEAST inflated ratings of any modern critic.
>>
>>64557126
Motherfucker that's what 8/10 MEANS.
>>
>>64557173
Pierro Scaruffi is fuck. Stop talking about his shitty rants.
>>
Half witted dehumanizing and attempts at contradicting someone just to make an illusory point?

Yep, sounds like music journalism to me

Maybe he comprised his opinion for the sake of his fans, to give them more ways to hear their new song

Maybe he changed his mind (probably not though because he's right)

Maybe who fucking cares, Pitchfork, christ
>>
>>64557200

Pierro Scaruffi is the greatest living critic right now, and he's a million times better than P4K or Fantano both in terms of taste and also expressing why he likes what he likes. He's practically my idol.
>>
>>64556170
Nope, Best New Track
http://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/18235-radiohead-burn-the-witch/?mbid=social_facebook
>>
>>64557227
Exactly, what utter bullshit they're peddling lmao

You can criticize something but still use it because it's by far the easiest way to give your fans your art. Pitchfork have never said something relevant in their existence, it's a fucking toilet paper rag.
>>
>>64556279
>it will receive a low BNM
I think this will be close to the truth. It'll either be an 8.2 BNM or something very non-committal, like 7.9. They won't pan it, but they'll work hard not to praise it.
>>
>It's a "this musician did this thing and it has very little to do with their music" article
>>
>>64557548
>the wooden side of the players’ bows seem to hit the strings (a technique called col legno) mixed with finger pads plucking the strings (a technique called pizzicato)

Oh, for fuck's sake.
>>
>>64557666
Yeah it's pretty cringe worthy. I wish people would stop caring about this shitty site.
>>
>>64557666
>finger pads
You mean ... fingers?

God I hate bloated writing. "Fingers plucking the strings" would has sufficed. Common sense tells us that they're not plucking with their knuckles. Hell, I'd be okay with "plucking the strings." Any adult of reasonable intelligence can figure out that a violin player plucking his string is using his finger.
>>
you're not even real journalism
>>
>>64556565
>le cuck word
Cuckfags are beyond infantile oh god
>>
>Spectre BNT
>Burn the Witch BNT
the really love these fellas don't they
>>
thom confirmed for pol
>>
>>64557582
Oh god what I'd give to see this plastered on their front page
>>
>>64559690
spectre was amazing though
>>
>>64557097
>it isn't terrible becuz i luv it

retarded anco fans everyone

also please feel free to list those many 10/10 moments that are "super fun to dance to". also maybe take a video of you doing that to see how much of a mouth breather you are
>>
>>64560381
>music is objective
retarded /mu/tants everyone
>>
>>64560457
its objectively terrible, based on the fact it was panned by literally every review site and non-delusional anco fan
>>
>>64560565
prove that you can objectively qualify any piece of art m8, if you did you would be fucking famous and probably get an award or some shit
>>
>>64557443
is trout mask replica in your top 10?
>>
>>64560565

>being a drone of critics

wew

>>64560381

>also please feel free to list those many 10/10 moments that are "super fun to dance to"

-literally all of Floridada
-THE PARKING LOT (IS WAY TOO HOT)
-WHEN I WAS YOUNG MY PARENTS YELLED BEWARE OF THE IVORY MAN WHO STEALS AND SELLS
-the hook on The Burglars
-BAGELS FOR EVERYONE THAT'S WHAT THEY WOULD HAVE WANTED
-I HEARRR ITTT DOUBLY CLEARRR
-SPILLING GUTS SPILLING GUTS
-all of Golden Gal

etc.

>>64560665

not top 10, but top 50 for sure
>>
>>64560565
http://www.spin.com/2016/05/radiohead-new-single-burn-the-witch-impulsive-reviews/
>8/10
>panned
Thanks for playing
>>
>>64557003
they gave it a 6.8 when it deserved a 5.3
>>
>>64557443
marcel is the greatest living critic
>>
>>64557200
>is fuck
>>
>>64561768
Marcel is fuck
>>
>>64560796
i was responding to the post talking about painting with, but radioheads new lp is gonna suck also. they haven't been good in 9 years
>>
>>64558004
Tell OP to stop bringing it up. At this point it's like laughing at a retarded person.
>>
>>64556203
>band of white males getting BNM
not from Pitchfork
>>
>>64562520
http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/21762-bergtattkveldssangernattens-madrigal/
http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/21681-singing-saw/
http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/21597-human-performance/

damn
>>
>>64561768
Hi Marcel
>>
Is there still a chance this could drop in 15 minutes? I heard it was possible
>>
>>64562600
It's possible that I grow a real life dickbutt, but it's extremely unlikely at this point.
>>
Yes, music """""journalism"""""" is extremely unethical and run by cucks/SJWs.

I'm still waiting for the day my brothers unite to fight ethics in music journalism.

#MusicGate #NotAllMen #CuckFork #WhiteNationalism
>>
>>64555900
Once Thom Yorke said that the internet was dumb, but the other day I saw him browsing /mu/ and I beat the shit out of him for being a hypocrite
>>
>>64563123
I know this is bait, but I wish I were born into a future era where people like that don't exist anymore.
>>
>>64563123
If you don't think there's a heavy progressive bias in media that is supposed to be about art rather than politics and lifestyle, you're probably a pseud who consumes music for image rather than insightful content and analysis.
>>
>>64563199
I am extremely progressive and idealistic, but I do agree that many journalists and critics are biased. In the mainstream media, however, their "progressive" bias does not extend to actual important topics (campaign finance, political corruption, conflicts of interest, corporate lobbying).
>>
why didn't they call out kanye for all his hypocrisy this year wrt selling his album, or putting it on services other than tidal?
>>
Will Radiohead be the last P4K-approved white male musicians?
>>
>>64563199
Yes, the music media has been co-opted by the regressive left and now he have collusion between major labels and SJW publications to metaphorically cuckold and further oppress straight white men. You think Beyonce was a one off? This is only the beginning. Only Trump can save America.

#MusicGate #WhiteLivesMatter
>>
>>64563501
>Yes, the music media has been co-opted by the regressive left and now he have collusion between major labels and SJW publications to metaphorically cuckold and further oppress straight white men. You think Beyonce was a one off? This is only the beginning. Only Trump can save America.
Trump needs a band that sells without the major labels.
>>
>>64555900
Click bait is like the new thing in Internet journalism. I feel like, funny enough, it was inspired by those ridiculous ads you'd see.
>"This Man Ate Candy Corn for 60 Days and the Results Have Changed How We View Abortion"
>>
>>64563501
satire is the lowest form of comedy
>>
>>64563123
What about Marcel? His music journalism isn't cucked/SJW-controlled anymore.
>>
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 495x384) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 495x384
>making up terms to make white people look like victims
>>
>>64564124
>satire is the lowest form of comedy
?

It's the greatest form of comedy.

Mocking someone by just pointing out how they are. Takes real skill to get right.
>>
>>64555900
Well Thom Yorke is autistic so you can't really blame him for things he says
>>
>>64557582
>You can criticize something but still use it because it's by far the easiest way to give your fans your art. Pitchfork have never said something relevant in their existence, it's a fucking toilet paper rag.
but comparing something to nazis is not the same as simply disliking it. thats saying its grossely immoral. compromising your morals to make your fans happy? thats terrible. i dont know what thom said but if he really said that it is news and is a big deal and speaks volumes about him as an individual that people should question their support of.
>>
Yo everyone knos that Thom can be a pompous grump. Tweets are an extension of brand, so Pitchfork tweets with an ironic bent. Maybe it's cynical because it's a corporation marketing with hip coding but that's beside the point that u guys took this tweet so seriously as a defamation, ike hol-ee shit guys, the sjw bogeyman enrages u haha.
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.