[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
More like RateYourDad'sMusic.com
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
More like RateYourDad'sMusic.com
>>
>>64551855
Wtf is art rock?
>>
>>64551855
>All that art rock
(art) rock is dead. we are heading towards a very strange time in popular music
>>
Art rock is the only subgenre of rock that has a chance of transcending generations.
>>
>>64552845
Rock that teens name pretentiously to feel superior about their shitty generic taste.
>>
>>64551855
>any of them
>art rock

fucks sake
>>
>>64551855
rank them /mu/
1. The Velvet Underground and Nico
2. Wish You Were Here
3. ITCOTCK
4. Dark Side of the Moon
5. Kid A
6. Abbey Road
7. OK Computer
>>
>specifically not showing Loveless in the top 10
I see you op
>>
>>64552968
kid a
abbey road
dark side
itcotck
wywh
okc
vu&n
>>
>>64552914
Art Rock is not a genre, but an umbrella term

>>64552845
Rock that is between regular rock and experimental rock

>>64552968
TVU
King Crimson
Dark Side
Kid A
Abbey Road
OK Computer
>>
>>64551855
What would be your top 5 OP?
>>
File: zUAcXba.jpg (3 MB, 2060x3825) Image search: [Google]
zUAcXba.jpg
3 MB, 2060x3825
You are doing RYM wrong. You are going to get the most out of their site by making your own custom charts mixing as many genres as you like. If you add or make friends who share that same taste as you, you get the added benefits of having your charts sorted and ranked based only on what they voted. If you also wanted to look for hipster victories, make your chart sort by esoteric than overall. You are welcome.

For example:

https://rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=alltime&genre_include=1&genres=Alternative Metal, Ambient, Atmospheric Sludge Metal, Avant-garde Metal, Dark Ambient, Dark Cabaret, Dark Electro, Dark Folk, Darkwave, Deathrock, Djent, Doom Metal, EBM, Electro-Industrial, Electronic, Experimental, Experimental Rock, Futurepop, Gothic Metal, Gothic Rock, Grunge, Industrial, Industrial Metal, Industrial Rock, Math Rock, Neoclassical Darkwave, Neue Deutsche Härte, Post-Hardcore, Post-Industrial, Sludge Metal, Visual Kei&include_child_genres=0&include=both&limit=none&countries=
>>
>>64552968
ITCOCK
TVU&N
WYWH
Abbey Road
DSOTM
kid a
ok computer
>>
>pet sounds isn't #1
wew
>>
>>64552845
a buzzword
>>
>>64552968
1. ITCotCK
2. DSotM
3. Kid A
4. TVU&N
5. OK Computer
6. Abbey Road
7. Wish You Were Here
>>
>>64552968
TVU&N
OK Computer
Abbey Road
ITCotCK
DSotM
Kid A
Wish You Were Here
>>
>>64551855
yeah man, we need some real music on there like Drake and Rhianna
>>
>>64551855
Did you really have to underline the "Top Albums of All-Time" when everyone who's been on /mu/ a few days recognises this list

It looks as if you're new
>>
>>64552968
Dark Side
Court
OK
VU&N
Kid A
Abbey Rode

I haven't listened to You Were Wish Here
>>
>>64551855
Fuck Radiohead.

As much as my 17-year-old self adored "Dark Side of the Moon" and "Wish You Were Here," I've played both albums shitless, so my passion for either has long since waned. I've gained some appreciation for "The Piper at the Gates of Dawn" and "Meddle," so there's that.

Fuck Lou Reed.

Hadn't discovered King Crimson until much later. They warrant all the hype, though. Absolutely pleasant to listen to while bathing.

Fuck The Beatles. All of them.
>>
>>64551855
literally /mu/: the list
>>
>>64551855
>>64555457
>>64555319
>>64555375

Top 100:
>bands fronted by white men
>black jazz musicians
>3 black american groups outside of jazz (jimi hendrix, wu tang clan, madvillian)
>portishead

Other than Portishead (which is just as much a Geoff Barrow project as it is a Beth Gibbons project)'s album Dummy, a female-fronted band isn't in the top 100 (homogenic is #102). Let that set in for a minute.

What do we make of this?
>>
>>64552968
From best to worst:
The Velvet Underground and Nico
Abbey Road
Wish You Were Here
ITCOTCK
Kid A
OK Computer
Dark Side of the Moon
>>
>>64553813
>>64553989
>WYWH last

Kill youselfes faggots
>>
>>64551855
never listened to any of those albums

are they so good?

i like the sunday morning song tho, very happy
>>
>>64555919

Dads are racists.
>>
>>64555919
>What do we make of this
That all females are untalented and can't make good music. Suck it legbeard
>>
>>64555919

>female-fronted band

fucking puhlease you try hard masterbaiter. i ain't fallin' for that.
>>
>>64556088
Likely to be true, distributionally.

>>64556091
I don't know what this means
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.