[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Nirvana's legacy warranted or is it blown out of proportion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 5271e264bf0e4.jpg (54 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
5271e264bf0e4.jpg
54 KB, 600x600
Is Nirvana's legacy warranted or is it blown out of proportion because of Kurt Cobain's untimely death?
>>
>>64538068
I like their music a lot. One of the best pop based rock bands of the 90s.
>>
A little from column A, a little from column B
>>
a bit of both i think

people really liked them and then when he died it was on tv i remember so alot of people cared
>>
nirvana has some really solid work and has influenced a lot of really great bands

that being said, kurt's addiction and suicide gets played up way too much. he was a fucking drug addict who killed himself, that's not a good or admirable thing. if anything i think it taints the legacy, he could have gone on to a prolific career.
>>
>>64538068
both
>>
>>64538068
>tfw kurt was the original libfag teen
>>
i don't know if their overall legacy is warranted, but their live performances are GOAT. especially the shows that happened while nevermind was starting to blow up (while the band had no idea). even after kurt stopped caring in 92, live nirvana was just always solid, if not for kurt, then for sure thanks to krist and dave.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_NM2VMGw8A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKtAJfY_ibY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVH3mB0f_Ec
>>
>>64538068
Both. Obviously they'd have far less attention on them now if Kurt hadn't killed himself. I've always thought that the band wouldn't have survived the 90's even if Kurt hadn't suicided though.
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 700x700
Did Kurt make this mixtape?
>>
>>64538068
Oh my god yes.
>>
>>64538529
ok its kind of funny but please stop lets not do this again
>>
>>64538529
Jonathan! I havent seen you in a while man
>>
>>64538139
>nirvana has some really solid work and has influenced a lot of really great bands

Like who? Limp Bizkit and Puddle of Mud?
>>
>>64538562
You sound like a fag who's devoted larger sections of his life to posting his opinions on bands he doesn't like than he would like to admit.
>>
>>64538650
its jimbo now, i have a new album ready to drop, tomorrow, but only if yo all meme the shit out of the last slice of heaven i dropped, things are going swimmingly thus far. thread about it, kid
>>
>>64538139
>he could have gone on to a prolific career
I agree with everything else but i think the whole reason Nirvana was so popular is because they were the voice of teen angst. Kurt died before he became old, rich and settled. In a way his death proved how genuine his lyrics were.

>Nirvana made good music
>Kurt's death made their music go down in history for ever
>>
>>64538931
i thought they had a few good songs and i liked the unplugged mtv
>>
>>64538826
we all sound like that, faggot.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.