[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Annie Clark too weird for mainstream? I remember that her
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: St-Vincent-222.jpg (75 KB, 1022x579) Image search: [Google]
St-Vincent-222.jpg
75 KB, 1022x579
Is Annie Clark too weird for mainstream? I remember that her SNL performance elicited some baffling reactions.
>>
She's essentially a hipster's Lady Gaga so no
>>
>>64525451
she's an intelligent lesbian who doesn't fit the stereotype the media likes to portray for views.
she keeps to herself and has experienced depression
the mainstream likes characters they can "relate" too

While her music is very close to pop music it still isn't that catchy

basically annie makes music for the curious hipster
>>
>>64525451
well she is mainstream so no
>>
Her live performances of recent have been awkwardly choreographed and she seems so mechanical and unnatural while on stage, so that probably has something to do with it.
>>
>>64525451
She's old news anon. Let it go.
>>
>>64525547
She's not that mainstream. Ask anyone on the street if they've heard about her. I'd be surprised if you'll find one people from 100.
>>
>>64525640
*one from 100 people.
>>
Grimes has overtaken St Vincent as /mu/'s most posted artist. I remember a few months ago one guy spammed St Vincent threads non stop. And I'm pretty sure it's the same fucking guy doing it with Grimes.
>>
meme hair
>>
>>64525451
Her face is very aesthetic
>>
>>64525736
pretty sure its some janitor
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com(9).jpg (14 KB, 474x451) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com(9).jpg
14 KB, 474x451
>>64525781
I know. She looks like the evil woman from chicken run.
And her music is shit aswell
>>
>>64525736
It must be a janitor because they're usually not deleted.
>>
Considering her "oh so wacky" style for her new album resulted in her best sales to date, no.
>>
File: a.png (686 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
a.png
686 KB, 1280x720
>>64525781
>>
>>64525547
If you seriously consider her music mainstream, then you really need to get out more. She isnt a complete unknown of course, but she is far from mainstram. Nome of my friends from college know her, most people that know who she is do it because of Cara
>>
shell be fine
>>
>>64525893
beetlejuice
beetlejuice
beetlejuice
>>
File: 3xAnnie.jpg (312 KB, 934x591) Image search: [Google]
3xAnnie.jpg
312 KB, 934x591
>>64526188
Annie
Annie
Annie
>>
Yeah, those tweets after her SNL performance were pretty funny. I think people on here, me included, aren't really a good judge of how appealing something is for mainstream though. St. Vincent's in a weird spot where she's mentioned everywhere but still isn't a household name. And she's got a lot of things that do appeal to the mainstream but also parts that would alienate people from there. Like >>64525880 said though, S/T was her most successful album so while it may scare off some people it's still allowing success.

People think she's selling/sold out though but I really doubt it. We just need to see what she's doing with her next album. I'm really interested as to why she seems to have switched producers to Sounwave.
>>
>>64525640
>that mainstream.
>implying being mainstream isn't a completely black and white thing.
>>
>>64526991
It's not. There are some grey areas, where an artist isn't completely mainstream or completely underground.
>>
>>64526991
So what's the criteria and cutoff for being mainstream anon?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.