[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Favorite death metal / technical death metal bands?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7
File: 204_logo.jpg (48 KB, 500x325) Image search: [Google]
204_logo.jpg
48 KB, 500x325
Favorite death metal / technical death metal bands?
>>
dragonforce, baby metal, the list goes on...
>>
>>64520343
dragon force is neoclassical dragon metal you stupid fuck
>>
>>64520358
lol
>>
>>64520358
im pretty sure dragonforce is the hardest metal known to man.
check your facts before spouting nonsense kiddo
>>
>>64520343
Baby metal is shit, and is also considered "kawaii metal"

The Artists don't listen to metal but their own, and didn't know what metal was until given the offer to be in "Baby Metal" (Don't believe me, look up interviews)!

In short, I like when the creator actually has a passion :/
>>
>>64520421
Look at this, then rethink what you just said

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn3GkQkgi7w
>>
File: Possessed.jpg (110 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Possessed.jpg
110 KB, 1920x1080
Possessed. The first and best death-metal band.
Fuck your new, technical, clicky "Death-metal" bullshit.
>>
>>64520463
I'm into technical death metal just because it's 10000x faster and more brutal that that soft core shit
>>
>>64520463
second-tier exodus knockoffs
>>
>>64520463
Look at this fucking hipster!
>>
>>64520488
>Soft-core.
A bunch of short-haired faggots wearing normie clothes whilst playing some fast shit is not brutal.
Seven Churches is more evil and brutal than anything made after 1990.
>>
>>64520601
Nah, just look sup "Spawn of Possession - Apparition" and skip to about 53 seconds. Way better than Seven Churches.
And you can look up how they dress, not much different my friend!
>>
>>64520636
>Spawn of Possession - Apparition
How the fuck is this considered brutal? This is fucking happy music. Not evil at all.
>>
>>64520636
>digital overproduction that erases any traces of heaviness in the music
>bland array of technical riffs which lack any of the driving power in death metal
>intrusive synths that further clutter up the sound
There's nothing heavy about this, all actual traces of death metal have been excluded from the music in favor of Nintendo music dressed up in blast beats and growls to seem heavy, but keep insulting Possessed who played with a lot more genuine passion and intensity than these music degree hacks.
>>
>>64520742
Well said. This new dess metal is some of the most blend, overproduced shit you can find.
>>
>>64520694
5:58-6:40
"He yanked her arm and pulled her outside, shoved her to the dirty wall of the
tool shed
While hearing the apparition
Whipped her good ‘til it got messy, grabbed an axe he was steered by frenzy
Just do it the voice kept ranting

As he cut away his little girl, someone walked up behind him screaming begging
Cried in panic
He turned around and saw his loving wife, without a blink he then knew to
attack her
Voice kept praising
Feeding her the hatchet as the apparition kept applauding the spouse’s
onslaughter
Limbs was flying
The only child remaining was his body who saw the whole thing from the kitchen
window
Shocked in terror

Then the voice said I shall appear, you have proven yourself worthy
Bring me the last life of your family
Called the boy out then came the light, there it was the apparition
Reached out for his traumatized son’s small hand
Free from sin you’ll come with me".....
The song is literally about Satan deceiving a father into killing his family.

It's very brutal. If it isn't brutal enough, listen to Aeon, Fleshgod Apocalypse, or Inferi
>>
>>64520358
Preety sure that dragon force are speedy power metal
>>
>>64520513
Didn't see this before now, but i'm guessing you're not in this thread anymore. But anyways.. Seven Churches was released a year before Bonded by Blood. Possessed doesn't even fucking sound like Exodus man.. rather Slayer..
>>
>>64520601
>caring about what artists wear
I like osdm but holy fuck you're obnoxious as fuck
>>
>>64520742
Technical Death Metal has very little editing. Usually it's used to add reverb effects, and different aspects like piano, violin, ect. At core, it's recorded like any other metal.
>>
>>64520773
Possessed is quiet, muddy, drowning, and really soft-core compared to almost anything. I have no clue where you got the idea of them being the best from.
>>
File: in the sign of evil.jpg (60 KB, 520x520) Image search: [Google]
in the sign of evil.jpg
60 KB, 520x520
>>64520791
What artists wear on stage is very important. If the crowd looks like the artists, that that's a big mistake. At least it should be like this in metal.
You're supposed to make an impression on the crowd. Wearing sports pants and a huge black t-shirt doesn't do that.

>>64520759
Woooooow maaan. So fucking scary and evil. Like no one does that ;)
The lyrics cannot compensate for the blend music.
And fucking hell man. Fleshgod Apocalypse fucking sucks so bad man. Literally my least favourite band on this fucking planet.

Listen to this fucking masterpiece if you want something evil..

MASTURBATE, TO KILL MYSELF!!!
>>
>>64520822
That's the production my friend. I actually don't like the sound on Seven Churches, but the riffs are fucking evil and superb.
Would also like to add that Possessed is far from one of my "favourite" bands. I just think they are superior to every fucking new technical death-metal band out there.
>>
>>64520773
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ehsl1bpEInQ
This is so offbeat, literally the worst thing I've listened to. The vocals are bad, the synthesizer is so 80's at the start, makes is feel more calm than anything. It's really slow, and why the fuck do you care how they dress?
>>
>>64520759
Literally the only thing good about SoP are their lyrics, too bad lyrics are just words that have no bearing upon the music's actual heaviness.
>Aeon
Shittier version of the already castrated mid era Deicide, Deicide's first two albums if you want something actually heavy. No really, listen to this and tell me how brutal Aeon's overly digitalized and safe-as-milk riffage seem in comparison.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPvRBiQY6lo

>Fleshgod Apocalypse
The worst brickwalled production you will find in metal. Overly clean digital production that still sounds muddy and incoherent over the uninteresting hyperfast drumming and overbearing symphonic elements. One of the most pretentious bands in death metal and one of the worst to boot. Here, have some actually good tech death.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy5u0CcC50M

>Inferi
Not even brutal considering it's melodeath, even then it's power metal influenced cheesy keyboard death metal with a focus on saccharine sweet technical melodies over the hard hitting and evil brutality death metal should be.
Want a good example of keyboards used in death metal?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYBMPDk9Jc0
Want good melodic death metal, that has all the power of death metal not being by overly cheerful riffing?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQalmZzqGEk
I can tell you've only been listening to metal for a year, try getting into the actual harder stuff if you want to appreciate the genre.
>>
>>64520859
I know it's offbeat. As i mentioned earlier, the production and sucks, but the music in itself is brilliant. Actually i can't fucking stand the vocals, as well.
I'm more into thrash when it comes to metal.

But man.. stage clothes are very important. I can't fucking stand those bands who wear completely normal clothes on stage. Looks like they got there by accident trying to get to the football match.
>>
File: cryptopsy-promo.jpg (269 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
cryptopsy-promo.jpg
269 KB, 1200x800
>>64520834
What influence does looks have on the music though? As long as the performance is good and full of energy then why should you care?

Also, I don't think there's a lot of normie looks in tech death to begin with, I think you're confusing it with deathcore.
>>
Metallica
/thread
>>
File: Destruction.jpg (73 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Destruction.jpg
73 KB, 640x480
>>64520903
This is exactly what i'm talking about. You don't fucking wear band t-shirts on stage, that's fucking rule nr. 1.
Also the atmosphere has a lot to say, so what fucking clothes you wear obviously has a lot to say.
>>
>>64520798
Most tech death suffers from digital compression that ruins any heavy aspects of the music, death metal should be raw and aggressive, not safe and clean for kiddies who can't handle a little dirt in their music.
>>64520822
And speaking of kiddies who can't handle a little dirt in their music.
>>64520859
>offbeat
No it isn't, and the point of the synthesizer is to make the music feel calm at first, it sets up an atmosphere that gets destroyed by the heavy death/thrash riffing
>>
>>64520773
Bonded By Blood was released first, and it was written and recorded a year to two full years earlier. The song 'Death Metal' is just a rehash of the Trapped Under Ice/Impaler riff.
>>
>>64520893
Thanks for the sugestions, but I like what I listen to.
I have been listening to metal for only ~12 years (Roughly since I was 14ish). I appreciate hwta I listen to.
When I mentioned FGA, Aeon, and Inferi, it was kind of a joke for I only listen to a few of their songs.

I didn't really enjoy what you sent me. I probably would have liked it 10 years ago.
>>
>>64520897
Then why even bring up the band if it doesn't sound good?
>>
>>64520932
Man stop caring so much about image and aesthetics.
It's about the music in the end.
>>
>>64520972
No, it wasn't.
Bonded by Blood - 1985
Seven Churches - 1984

Possessed also released a demo containing Death-metal months before releasing Seven Churches.

>>64520991
It sounds good.. I'm just saying it could've been done a thousands times better.
>>
>>64521008
No, it's not just about the music in the end. Image has A LOT to say.
>>
>>64520956
Nah, it's for sure offbeat. Sounds like shit
>>
>>64521009
Possessed's Death Metal demo was in 1984, Seven Churches came out in 1985
>>
>>64521009
seven churches was released oct 1985 retard
their demo was even thrashier and more exodus-influenced than the album
and exodus had many bootlegs and played shows all over the place in the bay area, and multiple ex-exodus members later formed possessed (initially called blizzard)
>>
>>64520956
By muddy and drowning I meant it sounds like everyone is battling for the clearest, and it's so bad, I could yell, and through instruments down stairs and make something better. It's just bad.
>>
>>64521024
Oh alright. Mixed up the dates here.
Can't see how that even matters though, considering how the songs on Possessed's 1984 demo sounds nothing like Exodus
s demos. Possessed sounds more evil and heavy.
>>
>>64521073

totally wrong

for comparison

death metal, first track on the possessed demo, 1984:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxcKGOQflBI
impaler, earliest recording feb 1983:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ey2KbHPpWo#t=1m58s

evil warriors, second track on the possessed demo, 1984:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfY67dyuSnM
pillager, earliest recording feb 1983:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBQ7AebaD0I

same fucking riffs
>>
>>64521040
>muddy and drowning
It's raw like how death metal should be, go back to listening to faggot garbage like Spawn Of Possession and Cattle Decapitation if that's too much for you.
>sounds like everyone is battling for the clearest
I'm not even sure what this is supposed to mean, but if you can't clearly hear the guitars, bass, drums, and vocals here, then you are fucking deaf. It's heavy, it's aggressive, the rhythm section is working in full blast, it has great riffs and a kickass solo, this is the real shit kid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYkfBtJwXn4
>>
>>64520331
what in the shit is that?

and i would probably say gorguts and atrocity
>>
>>64521080
Hehe, how can you know that they ripped it off? This is just speculation.
>>
>>64521099
because possessed shared members with exodus, was formed after exodus, originated from the exact same scene (that exodus founded), and because all the possessed guys cite them and slayer as huge influences
>>
>>64521083
But it's so slow, not heavy at all. And, what I mean by "sounds like everyone is battling for the clearest" is it's NEVER on beat, and everything is playing over another so it sounds like you put a bunch of shitty samples together to make an even shittier song.

Let go of the past, and stop being a hipster. I use to listen to Possessed when I was younger, but better, newer shit has come out.
>>
>>64521015
Isn't that what a poseur would say?
I hate throwing around that word, but frankly you seem like one if you genuinely think this.
>>
>>64521114
Yeah, this is just speculation.
Everyone, was inspired by everyone back than.
>>
>>64521139
Absolutely not. The first heavy and evil bands relied on the image to make an impression and attract new followers. It was supposed to shock people. The music was brilliant when you first understood it.
And for the record. Saying the word "Poseur" instead of poser is something only a poser would say.
>>
Nail zen nekrofagist
>>
>>64521095
It is the logo for Spawn of Possession
>>
>>64521160
It's the same fucking word save for one letter.
Also, surely image had a role in popularizing metal but judging a band by it's image just seems ridicolous.

That's just like being a hipster and listening to Deafheaven because you like how they look like hipsters. You're on the same level to me.
>>
>>64521198
Don't get me wrong here.. I'm in it for the music, not the fucking image. I'm just making it clear that image has a lot to say, especially back than, when it was new. People was fucking shocked and disgusted when they saw Sabbath singing about the devil.
>>
>>64521148
that's not speculation, it's objective fact supported in the zines and by the bands that exodus formed years before possessed did
>>
>>64521134
>but it's so slow
Not even, just because they don't play overly coldly technical like Spawn of Possession doesn't mean it's so slow
>and not heavy at all
Obviously it is considering your reaction to it
>it's NEVER on beat
Mike uses the same drumbeat throughout the majority song so it can feel chaotic when the guitarists and bass switch rhythm while the drumming remains the same but everything comes together well regardless
>and everything is playing over another
Funny enough the bass pretty much mimics what the guitars do so no, it doesn't sound like what you're suggesting

Funny enough when I first got into death metal it was with bands like Spawn of Possession, Decrepit Birth, Hour Of Penance and the like, safe as milk bands that seemed heavy for superfluous reasons. There's plenty of good new stuff coming out but the bands you're talking about are far from it, bands better than Possessed have come out but þat doesn't change the fact that Seven Churches is still one of the best in death metal, I bet you think Altars Of Madness is outdated too.>>64521198
>>
>>64521230
Whatever, man. You're probably right. I'm not that much into the Bay area scene. I'm just saying that Possessed definitely had something more sinister and dark to it, compared to the other band that emerged at the time.
>>
>>64521246
Did not mean to quote >>64521198 don't know how that happened
>>
>>64521227
If I recall correctly you said you didn't like certain bands because of their hairstyle and choice of clothing.
Image and looks can be cool but in this day and age; where metal is already a popular genre and evil looking guys has been Done a million times before, why would you care?
>>
>>64521246
No, literally, the bpm is lower than fucking 200. It's slow. And I get it, you just like shit music. I can take come slower bands like Anata, but Possessed is just bad. I don't just listed to technical death metal, I happen to listen to all genre (but kawaii metal, that's shit's a joke). I just don't listen to uncordinated garbage.
>>
local's favourite
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LfMd30bBrM
>>
>>64521282
If some band makes the best fucking music on the planet, but still dresses like retards.. i would still dig them. Anyways.. fuck this discussion. Here is some cool death-metal. hope you like it.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwVyxSOZdU0
>>
>>64521338
Pretty badass.
>>
>>64521134
tech-death kids are the worst
>>
File: 3012_artist.jpg (68 KB, 350x427) Image search: [Google]
3012_artist.jpg
68 KB, 350x427
>>64520463
nigga swerve
>>
File: 2011-New World Shadows.jpg (380 KB, 1416x1418) Image search: [Google]
2011-New World Shadows.jpg
380 KB, 1416x1418
Melodeath > tech death
>>
>>64520331
Atheist, this one.

Also nice meming in this thread
>>
incantation or autopsy
>>
>>64521807
Pretty much just Death all the time, yeah.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.