[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
it was actually really shallow listening. First few listens I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 178
Thread images: 15
File: bottomless-pit-front-back.jpg (176 KB, 1728x864) Image search: [Google]
bottomless-pit-front-back.jpg
176 KB, 1728x864
it was actually really shallow listening. First few listens I thought it was the best, but now idk. I think it's just gonna be the DG album you can listen to the most when all the other ones are worn out. Felt like there were a lot of cheap tricks, like making the production stupid heavy as if they were worried they needed to compensate for Ride's more mellow vocals. Skating by on Zach's drums sometimes too. Just really conventional in a lot of ways. The female vocals on Giving Bad People.. mocking the intro to MBDTF, and then just Hill's blast beats, yes it was great and unexpected, but it was also kind of low hanging fruit as far as ideas go. Same with the outro, I fuck you in half- that hook is a little generic like something a shitposter writing fake DG lyrics might come up with. Also the synths on that track are just brutal ear shredding shit. I get that it makes sense for the track, but it's just not that impressive to me, cause it's not that hard to just make jagged synth waves that kind of fuck up people's ears. A lot of the bass on the drums is like that too. I guess it all sounds fine on shitty phone and laptop speakers though. which is kind of cool. I did like the album but I think what they do next is gonna really determine if they are just selling out or not.
>>
i feel like i just grew out of dg. i was all about them 3 years ago, and ill occasionally listen to some exm songs, but it just seems like tripe to me now. i look at them now like i look at fall out boy or mcr. just something i liked when i was young, and might listen to in the future for nostalgia's sake
>>
>>64480910
wow ur a cool kid
>>
>>64481019
did i offend your taste? sorry
>>
>>64480910
i might be going through that now with this release. I think it's more just I got too sober to enjoy it. not that I need to be fucked up, just that I need to be happy to enjoy the energy, especially this album where they aren't as angry. I guess I just listen to Autechre now.
>>
>>64481107
yes
>>
File: 1454828240782.gif (2 MB, 300x376) Image search: [Google]
1454828240782.gif
2 MB, 300x376
>>64480859
>mocking the intro to MBDTF

lol, why do people think grips have some obsession with kanye, they don't give a fuck about him
>>
Hot Head, Botomless Pit, and Giving Bad People Good Ideas were the only tracks that blew me away. The rest was completely retreading old ground. Hell, they even went back to Fyre sounding shit. First disappointing DG release.
>>
>>64480859
Pretty much.
>>
>>64481839
because Kanye ripped them off and they have made numerous disses to him, each less subtle than the last, and yet even now retards like you are completely oblivious to it.

I really wonder what it's like for dumb people that listen to this shit.
>>
>>64482138

>they have made numerous disses to him

lol no they haven't
>>
>>64482211
Yeah they have. It's literally amazing to me how people like you are oblivious. Like what the fuck is it like for dumb people who listen to shit like this? I'm not even the kind of fan that's reading all they lyrics and I picked up on this shit back when they started with it on GP (the album).

Why did you think they did fashion week? You think it was cause they just randomly decide to give a fuck about fashion?
>>
OP here, now I'm listening again on my laptop and I love it. it's just fucking weird. This music is just not made for good systems. maybe it will be better in higher quality though. It feels like I need to be at a distance to enjoy it.
>>
>>64482294

Kanye is not the only other musician involved in fashion

what makes you think it was directed SPECIFICALLY at him?
>>
>>64482372
yes it's pretty obvious it was. It was also their way of saying they are the top of the game, but in the context of ALL the other disses to kanye it's very clear.

Most of the themes on GP were a direct response to Yeezus. Kanye says boo boo corporations oppress me and DG says fuck you, freelance, I'm the corporation etc.

I know for a fact all this has been hashed over in the archive in detail. just look it up. for other interesting DG posts look up led zeppelin comparison posts as well as the 'anti gay conspiracy' DG thread
>>
I really didn't like the opener, Hot Head, Eh and Trash.
Spikes and BB Poison are really fucking great, warping is pretty good.
Bubbles Buried In This Jungle is a interesting and fun song, though I don't like the arrangement. It should have been longer or cut differently imo.
It's an album that I could just delete a third of and get more enjoyment out of it; all in all breddy gud.

t. someone that never listened to anything aside from IGGO IGGO IGGO IGGO
>>
>>64482489

the opener was really kind of shit. There's a lot of things about it that are shitty, but I love it.

Oddly in some ways it feels like they are being more authentically themselves, like they weren't feeling the same aggression and shit as before but it comes off sounding less authentic because we got so used to them the other way.

>>64482372
I mean fucking hell, how more obvious can they get with the MBDTF intro parody and 80808? If you have heard 808's and MBDTF how can you not see the fucking connection? It seems like every time the make an album they have to get less and less subtle about it. The next album could feature an illustration of Rid shoving his fist in Kanye's butt and people like you would still be like "what are you talking about they haven't dissed Kanye??"
>>
>>64482294
A. DG are above doing disses to huge celebrities like Kanye.
B. How would it make listeners dumb if they didn't notice them? Especially if they're so subtle as you mentioned. It's not like everyone listening to DG is also knowledgeable about Kanye.

C.
>>
>>64482873
>mean fucking hell, how more obvious can they get with the MBDTF intro parody and 80808?
What parody? Also do you know what an 808 is? It's not a fucking Kanye reference you ignorant twat.
>>
link?
>>
>>64483098
If you listen to kanye's album 808's and heart breaks, it opens with the same fucking synth sounds. if you listen to MBDTF it open with a female auto tuned chorus fanfare which they mock on the track a called GIVING BAD PEOPLE GOOD IDEAS.

>>64483073
because they have been doing it over and over in less subtle ways, probably because people like you don't see it still and they want to be clear, also probably cause it's fucking hilarious.

>>64483073
>DG are above doing disses to huge celebrities like Kanye.
lamo no they aren't I won't even get into the ways they have been dissing Gaga.

I swear to fucking god I must be the only fan who remotely understands this band. I am surprised by this shit all the time. Im not that smart and I'm still head and shoulders about all you fucks.
>>
>>64483098
I think he's implying the intro of GBPGI is a parody of the MBDTF intro because it features female vocals.

I could be wrong but I don't see what else he could mean. Either way that's a stupid theory.
>>
>>64483252
You sound like some middle schooler who used to be really into Kanye but then heard someone compare Yeezus to Death Grips and then became a Death Grips fan and started bashing Kanye because "muh superior taste" which would explain why you keep drawing parallels between the two.

Also even if they are making Kanye references and disses and you notice them that doesn't mean you're a better fan than others. I'm pretty certain Ride isn't losing sleep over the fact that some fans just aren't getting those damn Kanye disses.

Oh and having a female singer on the intro to your album doesn't equate to a parody. The intro to MBDTF is miles away from the intro to Bottomless Pit. Seriously reaching.
>>
>>64483254
>I think he's implying the intro of GBPGI is a parody of the MBDTF intro because it features female vocals.
>I could be wrong but I don't see what else he could mean.

I just cannot believe how fucking stupid people like you are. I'm literally fucking angry about it. It's god damn frustrating. There's no one in my life that I can talk about DG with and them I get online and people are this dumb.

It's not like they are shakespeare. this shit is so fucking basic. It's completely obvious what it is. Anyone familiar with this shit should have understood it the first time they heard it.

Like what the fuck. I feel so alone. You guys are dumb as rocks. am I literally talking to 14 year olds right now? is this website really just all children?

>>64483346
I'm not saying Im a better fan, I'm saying I'm smarter. You are dumb as shit.
>>
>>64482294
You still haven't given any proof towards your claim
>>
this album was filled with gold and all u ''I grew out of it'' faggots are over thinking it.
>>
>>64480859
>having girl on intro means mocking MBDTF
Even though they're completely different to eachother
>>
Where can i get a link fellas? I wasnt here yesterdauy
>>
>>64483346
>I'm pretty certain Ride isn't losing sleep over the fact that some fans just aren't getting those damn Kanye disses.
no, he's probably long ago made peace with the fact that people are generally dumb as hell.

>>64483376
look it up in the archive. ive typed it all ready too many times.

>>64483380
they are not completely different. You don't understand music. It's a parody. That's why they have just one person instead of a chorus of people and why it goes down and Kanye's goes up. it's mocking it. It's tongue in cheek.

Jesus christ I'm just bumping at this point in hopes a sane adult comes by. Like I said, they could make an music video of themselves throwing horse cum at Kanye and people would still be like "that could have been done for any reason"
>>
>>64483362
>I'm literally fucking angry about it.
Good

>It's completely obvious what it is
It's two unrelated songs that both start with female vocals. That's literally the only similarity. I guess every band in history that starts their album with a guitar riff is paying homage to Chuck Berry?

>I'm not saying Im a better fan, I'm saying I'm smarter.
Since you seem to think noticing Kanye references in Death Grips music equates to intelligence you're definitely not very smart.

That's the main issue I have with your posts though. How does missing a Kanye diss make someone stupid? Maybe some DG fans don't know anything about Kanye or his music. All that means is they have better taste than you.
>>
>>64483346
would you fucks quit taking the bait
>>
File: b8nja.jpg (64 KB, 498x580) Image search: [Google]
b8nja.jpg
64 KB, 498x580
>>64483457
>>
>>64483482
this
let the troll be
>>
File: argentine smiley face.jpg (235 KB, 566x635) Image search: [Google]
argentine smiley face.jpg
235 KB, 566x635
>>64483362

>no one agrees with my bullshit therefore everyone must be an idiot
>>
>>64483457
>ive typed it all ready too many times
>look it up in the archive
Pathetic. Kanye is a hack, but you're acting like a complete belligerent idiot for the sake of free confliction.
>>
>posting the album cover with back cover

STOP

WHY THE FUCK DO PEOPLE KEEP DOING THIS
>>
>>64483455

http://lynxshare.com/4t7c72ju9qhn

here you go la
>>
>>64483457
So nobody can have girl voice in an intro now without "mocking MBDTF"? You don't understand parody so calm down, kid
>>
>>64483377
People love saying stuff like that. You don't grow out of bands. You just listen to them so much that you get tired of listening to them for a while. But some people get off on being able to say "Oh I grew out of listening to them, I'm too mature now"

I listened the fuck out of Green Day when I was 16 and even though I'm 25 I still have no shame listening to Dookie or Insomniac every once in a while. I don't enjoy it as much as I once did because I listened to it so fucking much. But it's still fun at times.
>>
>>64482489
That's funny, you dislike all the pleb filters. What a coinkeedink.
>>
>>64483457
>You don't understand music.
Not only do you not understand music you also don't know what a parody is.

If Bottomless Pit opened with some grand bombastic shit like MBDTF did THEN that could be considered a parody. But simply having a female vocalist doesn't equate to a parody... or anything really.
>>
>>64483482
i actually thought this was referring to me at first.

it's not bait

>>64483507
>>64483511
>>64483516
It's fucking jarring. it's like seeing someone piss themselves or something. I can't even articulate how deeply hopeless and awful it feels to see everyone around you is this stupid. Not exaggerating.

>>64483539
it literally is though. in excruciating detail.

Are you all fucking new or some shit? haven't you heard this shit get hashed through before?

>>64483563
This is what I mean. You are so retarded the only similarity you this is hurr it's a girls voice.
>>
>>64483587
But he likes Spikes and Bubbles.

Hot Head wasn't a pleb filter at all, the first song to be released always gets shat on by tryhards.
>>
File: black tip.jpg (66 KB, 613x677) Image search: [Google]
black tip.jpg
66 KB, 613x677
>>64483635

>I can't even articulate how deeply hopeless and awful it feels to see everyone around you is this stupid
>>
>>64483635
>everyone's a retard except MEEEEE
I'll stop giving you attention now. Do a chore for your parents if you want more.
>>
>>64483635
Yeah keep telling yourself you're just some fucking genius surrounded by idiots. But when a group of people are telling you you're wrong or simply calling you a troll you should take the hint and realize you're full of shit.

This is what happens when special needs kids are surrounded by adults telling them what special snowflakes they are their whole childhood.
>>
>>64483562
>http://lynxshare.com/4t7c72ju9qhn

>a download will be available in 1 hour
my sides
>>
>>64483665
it's literally amazing though. They have been getting less and less subtle each time. They could trick the population of mu into infecting Kanye with HIV as part of an ARG and people would still be like "Death Grips probably don't know who Kanye West is"
>>
>>64483698
It's more likely that I'm smarter than you. why would smart people be the majority?
>>
>>64483635
>it literally is though. in excruciating detail.
If it's that blatant please provide some evidence because I'm too much an idiot compared to you, because you read between the lines and see the real meaning in these thing, genius. I'm desperate, I want to explain what it is. Please tell me. I'm dumb dumb.
>>
File: 1.jpg (163 KB, 599x665) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
163 KB, 599x665
>>64483709

>mfw i already have the album downloaded

i think it might be that the download is available for 1 ip only every hour. have no idea how this shit works but its worked for me
>>
>>64483779
>intellectual materialism
Oh boy.
>>
>>64483587
wtf is a pleb filter
>>
>>64483918
Hello cross posting new faggot.
Come from reddit to shit up our threads?
>>
>>64483941
maybe it's summer already
>>
>>64483843
>mfw i have it too im just asking for my m8
spikes is best tbqh
>>
>>64483989
Except it isn't. Go back to /b/.
>>
>>64483941
Actually I've stopped visiting /mu/ when the quality got unbearably bad in 2011 with all the Kanye spam and after realizing that a good half of the people on here are underaged and have a terrible taste.
Seriously, it's only kpop and terrible memerap in here.
>>
>>64484013

yeah spikes is amazing so far. im on that right now deciding whether i should put the rest of the album on shuffle or listen to it the whole way through
>>
>>64484032
I agree and I'm partly in the same boat as you which is why I get paranoid with redditors and underaged faggots with shit taste.
>>
>>64484075
It's hard living in the age of post-irony.
Also did Sceak "spaghetti nipple" Patrician show up again?
>>
>>64484113
I don't pay attention to /mu/ trips, because they're 80% excruciatingly and unbearably obnoxious and idiotic. I'm only here for sharethreads and the occasional thread that isn't a blatant flame war starter, opinion enforcer, self hating meme spouter or mediocre album spammer.
>>
>>64483748
stop saying this gay joke
>>
File: 1360301575469.jpg (896 KB, 2592x1952) Image search: [Google]
1360301575469.jpg
896 KB, 2592x1952
>>64484219
BRING BACK SCEAK
>>
>>64483779
An intelligent person wouldn't have said that. Or talk like a middle schooler.
>>
>>64483779
If you were smart you wouldn't have said 80808 was a Kanye reference.
>>
I really appreciate that Death Grips actively hates their own fanbase and that their music is nothing to obsess over.
>Listen up, you nosy bitch, listen close
My most recent purchase, old black rope
Gonna learn how to tie it, hang it in my chamber
Perfect reminder, occult I'm made of
Come try it out whenever you wanna

He's talking about his fans trying to get into his life and inviting them to kill themselves. That's pretty fucking cool. I agree their fan base can be way over the top.
>>
>>64484549
how can you even make these lyrics out?
>>
File: 1462017968094.gif (701 KB, 426x426) Image search: [Google]
1462017968094.gif
701 KB, 426x426
Do we have anything besides the 120kbps leak?
>>
>>64484566
He's mentioned he has a very private life and hates people getting into it, his fans are no exception. I remember either Zach or Andy saying /r/deathgrips was pure cancer on a tweet somewhere.
>>
>>64484689
>I remember either Zach or Andy saying /r/deathgrips was pure cancer on a tweet somewhere.
This never happened.
>>
>>64480859
>The female vocals on Giving Bad People.. mocking the intro to MBDTF
kill yourself
>>
>>64484689
>I remember either Zach or Andy saying /r/deathgrips was pure cancer on a tweet somewhere.
dont think this is true
>>
> 80808 must be Kanye reference

I'm seriously laughing really hard at this. oh my god
>>
>>64484807
DUMB

>>64484566
fans online are always talking about thier recent purchases in threads and shit
>>
Oh i forgot all the kanye tards scattered throughout this board lmao fucking idiots
>>
>>64483918
its just another tool for making people feel elitist
>>
Fuuuuuuuck I can't believe they actually said this:
We consider ourselves feminists, we fiercely support homosexuality, transparent world leadership, and the idea of embracing yourself as an individual in any shape or form. Acceleration is a mantra, we're not a political band, we are freaks and outsiders. It was important to project that message and energy through the artwork of this album. This is free thinking and eternally open-ended music… [The cover] is like an ambassador to the sound.

Kinda makes me lose respect for them.
>>
>>64482294
i swear DG fans spend too much time on the internet. its like you interpret everything as if it revolves around /mu/ memes. you guys are mentally ill
>>
>>64484989
Why would that make you lose respect for them?

Are you 15?
>>
>>64485039
Probably a bernie cuck!!!111
>>
>>64485011
That poster isn't a good example of DG fans though. Literally nobody agreed with anything he said.
>>
someone explain the DG and Ye beef to me?
>>
>>64484989
really? pretty much ties into their whole mantra of worshiping yourself, which they've preached since the beginning. what do you think the whole "I am the beast I worship" thing meant?
>>
>>64481107
c >>64481019
>>
>>64485039
A 15 year old sounds like the type of person who would "fiercely support homosexuality"
>>
>>64484989
they also said that in like 2011. SJWs werent really a big thing
>>
>>64484807
why? because they have never made a Kanye reference before or because they have so many other beats that incorporate the same timbres and melodic concepts as Kanye's 808's album? Or is is because you think they would feel like it was too on the nose to make a track called 80808 in reference to kanye?

>>64485011
no it's just called being aware of shit

>>64484989
OP here. why would you hate this? it's awesome. Feminists make the best music and I would be more disappointed if they didn't believe that.

And they have a lot of songs about anal prolapse and shit so they aren't all gay rainbows about the whole thing.
>>
>>64485039
I just found it unnecessary and trying to hard to pamper to the people who aren't so hard on their music by saying "Haha! Just joking guys! We don't actually hate women! (tumblr please like us)"
>>
>>64485070
It doesn't exist.

Some people claimed Kanye was ripping off DG with some of the Yeezus tracks but it's really a non-issue for most people. I don't think anyone in DG or Kanye have ever mentioned the other.
>>
File: 1459497983940.jpg (40 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
1459497983940.jpg
40 KB, 657x527
>>64482464
> look up led zeppelin comparison posts as well as the 'anti gay conspiracy' DG thread
>>
>>64485111
i think you're looking too hard into it
>>
>>64485115
>DG or Kanye have ever mentioned the other.
unless you count within DG's music and Kanye allegedly saying he's never heard DG when Yeezus was being chatted up
>>
>>64485109
>it's awesome. Feminists make the best music
okay, this thread is bait, abandon ship guys.
>>
>>64485109
being aware of shit? just because theres a kanye west meme on /mu/ doesn't mean death grips gives a shit about him.

basically you think reality revolves around thoughts in your head.
Go outside.
>>
i swear DG fans spend too much time on the internet. its like you interpret everything as if it revolves around /mu/ memes. you guys are mentally ill
>>
>>64480859
That man looks quite happy to be up someones ass.
>>
>>64485109
>why would you hate this? it's awesome. Feminists make the best music and I would be more disappointed if they didn't believe that.
i sometimes forget i'm not on /r9k/ and there are people who believe this
>we fiercely support homosexuality
i would have preferred it if they said something like "who gives a fuck about your sexuality, be who you are"
also the lyrics: You're a bitch made to be crushed
Came like, what
Now you crave my, touch

sure sounds like feminism, don't it?
feminists can't into death grips
>>
>>64485089
stop lying to yourself
>>
>>64485268
in this thread, it does.
>>
Link to the leak?
>>
>>64485366
in your pants, bitch boy
>>
>>64485268
it's true.
assburgers does this to you, f a m
i spend hours reading and digesting death grips lyrics

Phone ring too long
Phone ring too long, I'm probably gone
Ring tone jingle my swan song

Which probably means:
People are trying to contact him, but he’s already dead.
Possibly also a reference to the Death Grips fanbase listening to their music without reading into the lyrics or meaning of the songs. They make it their ringtone, a disposable throwaway jingle that holds no meaning beyond a sound on their phone.

maybe it's just autism speaking but i love the meta of Death Grips not giving a shit about their fans and only making music just for the fuck of it and putting it up on the internet as someone talking to themselves but people can listen in if they want
>>
>>64484989
There are no talented people on the right.
Every musician you like is an "SJW".
Retard.
>>
>>64485276
yeah like I said, they have several songs about anal prolapse too.>>64485116
in reference to the anti gay conspiracy thread, it's an explanation how a completely valid (as much as you can really know about them with out knowing them I mean) argument can be made for interpreting their work as homophobic.

It's not really true probably, but interesting and there are certain things about it that are true, like DG's recurring anal prolapse motif. culminating on the track TPTB. But given the context you can argue that while the present the unavoidable negative realities homosexual activities can sometimes produce, they also position themselves in defiance of those, transcending the conventional value systems that imprison so many others.
>>
>>64485436
sounds good.
>>
>>64485483
Jesus Christ man, how ignorant can you get? I'm not even a right winger but I can clearly say there have been some great right winged people, as they said. They're not a political band they just make music.
>>
>>64485526
Name one good right wing musician.
>>
>>64485531
Jonny Ramone. Changed the way guitar was played by many massively.
>>
>>64482371
getting decent speakers was the last nail in the coffin for my enjoyment of death grips. the mastering is unbelievably bad
>>
>>64485590
I don't think the mastering is that bad. They just mix a lot of noise in on purpose, like clipping ride's vocals on tons of shit. After a while you just listen to it like a doubling effect.

This stuff fascinates me though because it sounds really good on shit speakers. I went through something similar with the ILY's album.
>>
>>64485588
He was the only one in the band who was a republican. He didn't even mention it until 2002, when he was washed up. He mentioned that young people "drift towards liberalism at a young age", implying that he was probably a liberal as well when he actually did anything worth a damn.

Regressive attitudes and musical creativity are fundamentally opposed.
>>
>>64485687
John Frusciante has been releasing the most innovative work of his carreer and he gave music to support All Lives Matter.
>>
>>64485487
They're definitely not anti gay, they just don't give a fuck about sexual orientation and it's usually straight when it comes to how they're saying it. They definitely don't promote it (as in BE HOMOSEXUAL!!) it either.
How is anal prolapse restricted to homosexuals too? You guys keep mentioning it.
>>64485531
Prince was pretty anti-homosexual being that he's a Jehova's Witness. Why the fuck does political orientation matter in music? If it's good music it's good music. Death Grips is no exception, stop trying to smash them together with politics, they obviously don't want to be connected to them so leave it that way.
>>
File: 1462048180793.png (234 KB, 596x800) Image search: [Google]
1462048180793.png
234 KB, 596x800
this album is a 9/10 my familia
>>
>>64485765
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trickfinger
Oh yeah this looks fantastic.
Definitely not a hack struggling to remain relevant two decades after the heyday of his sound.

Plus it doesn't really even seem like he did anything. It was just some German rapper (lmfao) that sampled one of his tracks and then used it for some All Lives Matter compilation. There's no evidence that he even had anything to do with how it spread.
http://invisible-movement.net/2015/05/truth-hurts-track-naked-for-alllivesmatter-produced-by-john
>>
>>64485776
>They're definitely not anti gay,
no they aren't. you could just feasibly make an argument they were

Im the kind of fan who's run out of regular interpretive material and construct alternate interpretations to see what they reveal when they are challenged.

btw I'll say this again, so far I'm still the only person who has noticed the capatain beefheart sample on inanimate sensation. what gives. come on people.
>>
>>64485776
what songs are about anal prolapse?
>>
>>64485683
i mean they could very well have accomplished their goals for mastering. as long as that goal was constant maximum ear pain without a hint of dynamic range or subtlety
>>
>>64485890
Exactly, I have no clue.
I heard none.
>>
>>64485776
Homophobia doesn't necessary mean you're on the political right entirely. As you said, Prince was working entirely from a religious context.

I'm not trying to connect Death Grips to anything. I just think it's absolutely absurd that people expect them to align with their retarded /pol/tard views when 99.999999% of non-countrywanking musicians are liberal.
>>
>>64485890
>>64485928
Treat a bitch like a whore
Leave your pink sock at the door
>>
>>64485876
The Trickfinger album is fucking awesome it's better than Syro.

He's not at all trying to remain relevant. He's long stopped making music for those kinds of reasons.

His albums PBX and Enclosure are some of the most innovative things in recent years, especially the later. There simply isn't another album out that has guitar playing like that combined with drum machines that way with all the off time stuff.

>>64485890
>>64485928
What the fuck happens when shit happens? Powers that be, running through me, etc

just look it up in the archive toby.

>>64485902
I think that was exactly the goal.it's really what most pop and commercial music is today by default, a brick wall. it's just more noticeable when they are a loud af band.
>>
>>64485971
Oh, must've missed it.
That's not gay anyway.
>>64485953
Yeah, but I don't like it when they're put under the liberal love spotlight either, like I said; they don't need political affiliation
>>
>>64485876
>looks
typical moron, trying to make music criticisms without having heard the music at all
>>
why did the conservatives have to shit in a perfectly good thread
>>
>>64486297
>perfectly good thread
lel kill yourself, this thread was b8 from the start
>>
File: 1459204783741.png (62 KB, 504x497) Image search: [Google]
1459204783741.png
62 KB, 504x497
>>64486125
>he thinks "What the fuck happens when shit happens" is about anal prolapse
>>
>>64486355
it was bait, but it was OUR bait
give it back
>>
aye doe bite that
>>
>>64486612
hi zach :)

Im getting kicked out of my parents house and I'm still shit posting lamo. It's pretty worth it. Can't wait to become a homeless shouting person like Mr Grips XP
>>
>>64486411
you know words and sentences can have multiple meanings?
>>
>>64486411
See that's the thing with the internet, fags with weird fixations on gay shit developing early stages of psychosis due to not doing shit with their life other than spamming Reddit will try to convince you they're visionary or some shit
>>
>>64487076
there isn't a better interpretation of that track. just find the thread in the archive.
>>
>>64484592

http://www44.zippyshare.com/v/EfS7uzMO/file.html

>>
>>64480859
On track one atm
Have no idea, but it sounds crazy, liking the blast beats.
>>
>>64487385
Hot head's really different, I have no idea how I would describe it, but once again, I'm really starting to like this song..Digging the fast drum beats, reminds me, or hardcore and death metal drums.
>>
>>64487467
>>>
> Brandon !ZckuWKOLtU 05/01/16(Sun)00:43:52 No.64487
flatlander and zach are killing it on this..mc ride is getting me pumped and want to punch the fuck out of my laptop scrren.
>>
>>64481306
im new and i don't think its as good as the others
>>
>>64487385
>>64487467
>>64487506
Huh, didn't you say you hated Death Grips?
I'm glad to see you've joined the club.
>>
>>64487776
I've listened From exmilitary to this. Haven't listened to NOTM yet though. They aren't bad, just I lost interested in them for a while after NLDW
>>
>>64487840
Ah. Well get on NOTM soon, it's their best.
>>
>>64487306
Is this legit or a transcode?
>>
File: sayheykid.png (33 KB, 1003x445) Image search: [Google]
sayheykid.png
33 KB, 1003x445
>>64485436

who the fuck are you trying to impress?
aspergers hasn't made you 'interpret' the lyrics any differently at all. you claim to "spend hours reading into and digesting lyrics", but in reality all that you have done is straight up copy the annotations from a lyric website and paste it into this retarded thread. You didn't even bother paraphrasing it, you lazy fuck. Your demographic of the fanbase is who Death Grips is constantly calling out. You're the ones who partake in "very shallow listening". So I reiterate:

who the fuck are you trying to impress?
>>
http://www115.zippyshare.com/v/MneWwmaj/file.html

Anyone know what this is I'm
On mobile. Was on r/deathgrips then deleted really fast
>>
>>64489061
HOLY FUCK ITS A NEW SONG
I'LL PUT IT BACK ON REDDIT
>>
>>64489061
Oh shieet but don't they usually put official stuff on yt? Idk could be real
>>
>>64489061
WHAT THE FUCK
>>
>>64489061
holy shit this could be real, otherwise fucking incredible dg impression
>>
>>64489061
Its 80808 it leaked yesterday you fucking idiots
>>
>>64489126
>>64489138
>>64489185
>>64489227
You are all idiots and clearly didnt listen to anything but the first leak of Bottomless pit
>>
>>64489271
We are talking about the video fggt we know it's 80808 lol
>>
>>64489320
Its clearly fan made death grips havent edited a video like that since like 2011
>>
>>64489341
Yeah you're probably right but they are getting back to their roots apparently since this is TMS 2.0 so I guess a vid like this could make sense
>>
>>64489377
Check m8
>>
>>64489061
What??
>>
>>64489434
you thought people were surprised by the song, kill yourself you have no place thinking yourself more clever than another human
>>
>>64487306
transcode?
>>
>>64489937
Uh what?
>>
>>64485436
lmao youre biologically inclined to put meaning to things based on prior experience you arent a special snowflake, just can't get laid, but congrats on coming to the same conclusion some retard on rap genius did.
>>
>>64488981
thank you for being a real person in this sea of autists
>>
>>64482294
they had the title "fashion week" ready from early on though

and the so-called "kanye disses" are fucking stupid if they are indeed kanye west references, because being butthurt about yeezus """copying""" DG 3 years after it has been released would just mean they're petty children and Fantano-tier idiots, and I have some doubts about that

if anything you're the dumb person here, thinking DG gives a shit about one particular mainstream artist because they are the only two artists you know
>>
File: 1390490379461.png (93 KB, 187x293) Image search: [Google]
1390490379461.png
93 KB, 187x293
>>64483635
that autism

>tfw you listen to the same music as people like that
fuck
>>
Ugh, the hype on this album is killing me. I wanna listen to it so bad but I hear the quality on the leak we have is noticeably awful. That 192kbps zippy floating around is just a transcode, right?
>>
>>64490540
The quality isn't that bad. Have you ever listened to a song streamed on soundcloud? That's what the quality is.

And yes the 192kbps one is probably a transcode because the album has since been removed from soundcloud and the only guy that managed to grab the files the first time and leak them has made no such upload.
>>
>>64481306
if you get the opportunity anon, take some mdma and live a little
>>
>>64488981
shut the fuck up you dumb fucking cunt
>>
>>64485436
>>64488981
both are retarded.
>>
>>64489963
Transcode.
>>
>this entire thread
This is exactly why no one likes us, guys.
>>
File: 1461848514299.png (386 KB, 667x670) Image search: [Google]
1461848514299.png
386 KB, 667x670
>>64491182
THIS, so much sadly
>>
320 WHEN
>>
>>64490067
I dont doubt that there was like 1 pock shot at Kanye in Black Quarterback and I think I saw like a few other lines in a few other places but yeah the idea that DG are fixated on Kanye is dumb
>>
File: amy.jpg (78 KB, 500x726) Image search: [Google]
amy.jpg
78 KB, 500x726
Fine with me, the fanbase needed the fat trimmed from it.

Ride's best lyrics are on this album, Zach is a mad scientist working both acoustic and e-kits together as no drummer ever has in the history of music.

Most on this board don't actively participate in the creation of music/cannot grasp the effort and ingenuity. So they make threads like this to try and sway the other sheeple towards whatever trend they feel will elevate them intellectually in social situations.

Saw these faggots getting lost in the shuffle once Hot Head released, good riddance plebs.
>>
SPIKES SPIKES SPIKES SPIKES SPIKES SPIKES
>>
>>64483779
By that logic it's equally likely that you'd be the idiot. Dumb people and smart people, neither are the majority, they both lie on separate ends of the bell curve.
>>
>>64493371
>neither are the majority,
wrong. That doesn't follow my logic at all it just makes completely different assumptions

>>64492797
no one said they are fixated on Kanye. They have just done several things to diss him and retards have been blind to all of them. It kills me that now they can literally parody parts of his music and people are still oblivious.
>>
>>64485885
>CB sample
Where is it? That's great if it's true.
Thread replies: 178
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.