[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
dg
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7
File: DG.png (28 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
DG.png
28 KB, 500x500
>ITT: Why do you love Death Grips so much?

Post it, let it it all out.

Me, I am personally gay and super attracted to MC Ride, but of course, I think their music is brilliant in every way possible and I can't really articulate it with words.
>>
they make interesting sounds that are pleasing to my ear
>>
They are artistically aesthetic.
>>
>>64479900
flatlander's dope beats
>>
>>64479900
I think I once opened a song by them and closed it within two seconds.
>>
>>64479998
>>64479985
>>64479922
>>64479900
I think this is sufficient proof that DG fans don't even have enough of a command over the english language to express why they like music
>>
Andy Morin is pretty sick .
>>
sounds like shit
people only like it because muh meme

inb4 downvotes xdd
>>
Because I have autism.
>>
memes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKBN0WI_8Nw
>>
>>64480061
tfw i am literally autistic and i like death grips
>>
Can't believe I actually listened to this crap so much desu. Exmilitary is still pretty dope though only album I ever revisit
>>
>>64479998
Hello newfriend. There is no member named "Flatlander", nor is Andy Flatlander. Flatlander is a moniker adopted by the band as a production catch-all, since production duties and musical direction is a collaborative effort between all three members.

As a post script, Stefan Burnett's name was probably never MC Ride, it's most likely a joke from the bands early days, erroneously reported and repeated by music press.

tl;dr "Flatlander" is a name for collaborative efforts, newfriend.

The more you know.
>>
I like their music because they make inaccessible music accessible.

They make music that invades popular music and makes it it's whore.

I also enjoy their artistic influences.

I hate half the fanbase because half are just in it for hipster cred and memes and do not appreciate them for what they are.
>>
the music is super fun to play drums alongside. the later albums have some nice rhythmic interplay, and they all have a texture which is pleasing to my ear.
>>
I love bands that don't show. Awesome memery and internet dildonics.
>>
>>64479985
haha so f u t u r i s t i c bro. post a e s t h e t i c, post cynical. you just don't get it. we in the f u t u r e now. Sophie, Death Grips, Lotic, Fatima Al Qadiri.... the list could go on!
>>
>>64480261
aesthetic is a real word and not just a meme you know. There is a whole branch of philosophy called aesthetics. It has to do with artistic beauty.
>>
They are the perfect soundtrack for drugs and violence.
>inb4 edge
>>
>>64479900
>>64479922
>>64479985
>>64479998
>>64480036
>>64480061
>>64480096
>>64480097
>>64480115
>>64480176
Just what I expected from Death Grips fans, you fucking children can't even explain what do you like about them so much.

It's important to be able to articulate your thoughts and ideas in an intelligent manner. Read books or go to college kids, please.
>>
I'm a whore for a good emo band so it makes sense lol
>>
>>64480455
wow
>>
>>64480455
It is sooooo unimportant to articulate your thoughts on an anonymous shitposting board, cunt.
>>
>>64480455
Hows sophomore year goin?
>>
>>64480455
What is bothering you?
>>
>>64480539
>>64480585
>>64480618
>>64480650
Fuck off, you fucking children.
>>
Michael "Flex Your Muscles" Gira and Stefan "I Am The Beast I Worship" Burnett are two of the biggest geniuses I've ever had the pleasure of meeting.
>>
>>64480658
Damn...
>>
Stefan said he likes Les Rallizes Denudes, so I checked them out.

Best decision of my life.
>>
>>64479900
>I am personally gay and super attracted to MC Ride
This
>>
>>64479900
Man in his late 30's shouts down mic in broken english over early Aphex Twin b sides and some dude who forgot to mic up his drum kit.

Whats not to love.
>>
If i could tell you then i could get help
>>
>Fantano told me to
>I've never touched a woman
>quality memes

What more does one need?
>>
I don't know. It just kind of... happened
>>
>>64480876
Sometimes I just... I just... I don't know...
>>
>>64480658
>f-fuck off! Let me insult you! feel bad!
>>
>>64480876
AYE AYE
>>
>>64480658
dam u gettin roasted anon. maybe try to be a little more positive? LOL JK FUCK YOU ANON I'M SURE YOU A MASSIVE CUNT
>>
>>64480658
oh wow, how articulate. You are the model 4chan user.
>>
>>64479900
They are pure aggression in sonic form like no other
>>
it's really simple, they are one of the most innovative music groups around today because there hasn't been a hip hop group before as grounded in punk rock and techno music as DG, and with an actually great instrumentalist in it. It's kind of shocking really. I can't think of even another group of the top of my hear using v-drums in a remotely similar way, when it's not even technologically that difficult. Hill intuitively understands how to adapt to drumming in with these sounds too (or else Andy really knows how to fuck what he drums)

On top of all that, Burnett's voice is one of the most unique and powerful in music history, and he uses it to make pop songs, which is awesome.

DG are essentially the Led Zeppelin of hip hop. if you want more detail on why that is search the archive.

Personally I also love DG because it lets you hear what Zach plays much more clearly than you can sometimes in his other groups.
>>
They're one of the few bands that seems to actually take drugs
>>
>>64481153
holy shit yeah. I just wrote all this>>64481139
and your post made me realize that's what really makes them good. I'm not even kidding.
>>
Death Grips is the most punk band since Flipper.
>>
>>64481139
>pop songs
Enough with these meme.
>>
>>64481298
they are pop songs. it's a verse and a chorus and a hook. That's what a pop song is. It's nothing about the character of the sound or music, just the structure.
>>
File: 1384988231352.jpg (30 KB, 500x367) Image search: [Google]
1384988231352.jpg
30 KB, 500x367
>>64481322
This is the most stupid and infuriating thing I've ever read on this website.
>>
>>64481322

Have a 100 people who never listened to death grips listen to them. They wont say they're pop, guaranteed.
>>
>>64481368
then you don't know anything about music. It's completely true.
>>
>>64481386
no shit. 100 random people don't know anything about music and there's a difference between pop as a genre and pop as a format.
>>
>>64481411

death grips isn't pop by anyone definition, fuck off retard. Just because they're unlistenable noise doesn't mean they're pop.
>>
>>64479900
Energy, Angst, Great sounds, focus on the bad shit in the world. Creates sort of an atmosphere.
>>
File: 1445331481692.jpg (488 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1445331481692.jpg
488 KB, 1920x1080
>>64481486
I didn't say they were a pop band I said they make pop songs. you are a retard if you don't understand what that means. You clearly are a retard so I'm just gonna let you be but consider what I'm saying, the structure of their music is almost entirely pop songs. If they were produced differently they would probably be on he radio. If you don't belive it just look what happens when you change up the instrumentation in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcSOZAqv_Uo

The song is still there in it's core stucture, because the underlying structure is the same as every pop song, there's a verse a chorus etc.

Maybe you only listen to music in format so you don't understand what I'm saying. There's plenty of music out there that isn't pop songs, you should listen to some.

Again, not saying pop as a genre, saying pop as a format. As a musical idiom, not a style.
>>
Punk in its rawest form. Experimentation in hip hop, glitchy electronic shit, and what was almost prog Rock on JD. what they do is what punk no longer does. They push the boundaries of what people are comfortable with. Sure to the average /mu/taint, DG is pleb tier noise hop, but to the uninitiated public, DG pisses off mothers and daddy's like punk did when it was still punk. They're experimenting when no one else truly is.

Plus they sound fucking awesome

Zachary Hilliard might also be the greatest drummer of all time. Subjectively of course.
>>
>>64481759
yeah it fucking kills me. all the people into punk that think they are hardcore or some shit and they just do the same fucking power chord shit
>>
>>64481798
Right?! The whole fucking idea of punk was to break away from mainstream shit. To give a big fuck you to "the man". Punk is doing the same shit they were doing in the 80's with a quarter of the fuckin impact.
>>
Who cares, punk is literally dead.
>>
>>64481974
It's ironic too because it's easier than ever to control sounds and make new shit. I'm basically retarded and I can sit down and make stuff that sounds like shit's bananas. Nostalgia is destroying everything. It's easier than ever to DIY shit too like punks did. there's fucking GLOBAL distribution available almost FREE.

shit's cray
>>
File: grippered.jpg (41 KB, 320x367) Image search: [Google]
grippered.jpg
41 KB, 320x367
>>64482010
>>
File: 1462031630262.gif (660 KB, 600x539) Image search: [Google]
1462031630262.gif
660 KB, 600x539
>>64482156
it tru dough?!
>>
>>64482097
Depending on your ISP, there is literally an unlimited source of media and software at our fingertips, unused by the ignorant ass public. Fuck that shit. But yeah I think we might be in the cusp of an asston of DG soundalikes, and then further experimentation will only naturally occur. DG have actually done something important in this musical epoch
>>
>>64479900
I like the way how each beat seems to come out loudly, with the vocals, and how aggressive the lyrics and sound is. The rough and grungey aesthetics make it an outcast among other rap groups and musicians.
>>
File: bottomless pit.png (71 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
bottomless pit.png
71 KB, 960x960
These are mostly hype ratings. Sure to change in time.
>>
awesome samples and harsh sounds.

>hobo rap
>>
This is what I want to hear, I'm bored of rap and metal and a fusion that doesn't necessarily capture the music but the energy is really intriguing.
>>
A lot of popular music makes me uncomfortable, and it scratches at my anxiety that comes out of dissatisfaction. I'm a 18yo straight male, and looking at the world how it is, It's like I'm 'supposed' to be doing so many things.

>Supposed to be taking 25 pictures of myself a day on snapchat, keeping up with the new filters as they come.

>Supposed to not say anything even a little bit abstract or offer an albeit bumpy but fluid stream of consciousness on twitter, you're only supposed to recycle the same 20 basic human observations like everyone else

>Supposed to find the person you're going to spend the rest of your life with right now!

>Supposed to be a vocal proponent of self confidence and shower everyone in joy, otherwise you're a weirdo

>Supposed to only do drugs at photogenic times but if you fall into drugs and start using heavy you'll be left behind

And Death Grips says Fuck that to the idea and I love it.

Lust is so torturous to me. I like how that's a theme in DG's music as well.
>>
>>64482833
Fuck man we da same person. I feel everything you sayin. Fuck this social network generation
>>
>>64482833
>>64482903
why even care about that stuff in the first place tho
>>
>>64483258
Well I mean more for the fact that everyone around me is so consumed with it. That everyone has to have a girlfriend and find a "soulmate omg". Also I want to fuck everything I see. I only had sex with one chick, my ex gf. Horny as fuck all the time so I can relate a shitton. Also DG is great
>>
>>64482833
dude im 25 shits still the same, just now everyone my age has alot more money, and some are married
>>
File: Screenshot_20160501-033514.png (310 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160501-033514.png
310 KB, 1440x2560
What are the hot new memes from BP? I only listened to it once so far and I didn't really pick up on any.
>>
>>64485404
also I JIZZ SNOWMEN
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.