[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>friend guys keep telling me to listen to this because "it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 11
>friend guys keep telling me to listen to this because "it's a masterpiece of 60s psychedelica bro its nothing like dark side of the moon and animals and thats why its good bro
>listen to it
>it's just shitty vaudeville ditties that paul mccartney wouldn't even do because they're so embarrassing

Last time I trust you Timmy fuck off
>>
>>64473304
>not appreciating Interstellar Overdrive

Timmy was blessed with better taste
>>
>>64473304
> paul mccartney
triggered
>>
>>64473304
your friend is cool as fuck, he should hang with me instead of your pathetic memeing ass
>>
maybe YOURE just shitty vaudeville ditties that paul mccartney wouldn't even do because you're so embarrassing
>>
Astronomy Domine, Lucifer Sam, Take Up Thy Stethoscope, and Interstellar Overdrive are the only good tracks on this album, everything else is 5/10 at best.
>>
>>64474108
>look how smart I am, I can reduce music to a number while actually saying nothing of substance about it
>>
people who hate all pink floyd but praise PATGOD trigger me
>>
Timmy sounds like a guy I could smoke a cigar with.
>>
Gotta admit the Paul McCartney bit is pretty funny
>>
>>64473304

Syd Barrett was a genius. Nothing less than that. But with people like him, he's gone past that stage of creating music for normal people like you.
Its the same with "The Fall", people will love it or just plainly not understand the motives for it.
>>
>>64474491

Why? That makes no sense. They are completely different styles after the first album.
>>
>>64474909
Yeah. He was such a genius that he drugged so hard he fried his mind until all he could do was push shopping carts or mumble in his Mum's basement. Pure genius.
>>
what does friend guys mean
>>
>>64474965

So, because he had mental problems that must mean he wasn't a genius? Make some sense you fool.
>>
>>64474965

Einstein couldn't speak until he was 4....Some genius.
>>
>>64474965
Einstein had mental disorders too. Are you telling us he isn't a genius?
>>
>>64474909
>Makes an album with half the songs on them consisting of him telling drugged up children's stories over some le wacky instruments
>"PURE FUCKING GENIUS NOTHING PINK FLOYD DID AFTER EVER COMPARES"
>>
>>64474998
He made three albums. Three. His supposed influence is massively overrated. And he is not the only artist to make good british whimsey. Maybe you should stop idolizing a drug addled loser who threw away his career.
>>
>>64473304
You don't have any friends
>>
>>64475028
>>64475037
>he thinks Le bike druggie is comparable to fukcing Einstein
>>
>>64475037
>>64475028
nice samefag. also he wasn't a genius, just really smart and a good mentality
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (31 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
31 KB, 1280x720
Alone in the sky all blue
Lying on an eiderdown
Yippee
You can't see me
But I can you

>genius
>>
>>64475068

I think you are getting confused with the word "genius". He was definitely a genius musician. Completely original, and made something no one else could of done.
And yeah, i think he is brilliant? So.
Am i not allowed to, since you think he is bad... Because i'm sure your music taste is way above everyone else's.
>>
>>64475171
YIPPEEEE, YOU CAN'T SEE ME
BUT
I
CAAAAAN
YOOOUUU
>>
>>64475097

"le" thinks he was correcting the young angered teen on the fact that just because he had mental issues meant he wasnt a genius. Something he couldnt help. How could you compare a musician to a physicist.

But nice try, le meme.
>>
>>64474950
I just think that although their psychedelic material with Syd was fantastic, shit like Animals and DSOTM are absolutely untouchable rock music.
>>
>>64475166
Yes, i thought of something else after i commented... ?

Genius = a person who is exceptionally intelligent or creative, either generally or in some particular respect.
>>
File: br.jpg (58 KB, 500x639) Image search: [Google]
br.jpg
58 KB, 500x639
PLEEEASE
PLEEEEEASE

BAABY LEMONADEEE!!!!!

ooooooh!
>>
>>64475171

You feel me
Away far too empty, oh so alone
I want to go home
Oh find me inside of a nocturne, the blonde
How I love you to be by my side
They wail the crowd on her side
She straggled the bridge by the water

She misses her crawl far ley grew
Heady aside in a dell
Inside an eye be the lonely one, my bride
How I leave on the waddling wheel they fail
A gasp shringing, a bad bell's ringing
The angel, the daughter
>>
>>64475277

Yes, love all of pink floyds work.
>>
>>64475068
So what if he made three albums? Quality over quantity and PATGOD and the Madcap Laughs are fuckin' quality.

As for his influence he has influenced R.E.M., the Flaming Lips, Blur, Supergrass, the Smashing Pumpkins and Placebo. The dude was massively important to all modern psychedelia, britpop and indie pop and rock music.
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 800x778) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 800x778
Post Dark Side Floyd is embarrassingly cheesy prog muzak. Especially the wall, fuck that contrived melodramatic garbage. Syd's solo material is 10/10, best of its genre of psychedelia.
>>
>>64475388
Exactly, i dont understand why he included that "3 albums" part. :S
>>
>>64475184
You've got me fucked up. I do like Syd Barrett. PATGOD is in my top 5 or so Floyd albums. The Madcap Laughs is great. But thinking it's better than WYWH or Animals is utter contrarian delusion. The whole "Floyd went to shit after Barrett left" is some of the most assinine statements fans of music have ever spouted.
>>
>>64475294
exceptionally intelligent is that dutch guy with the insane IQ number. he's still less important to the sciences than einstein was, though.
>>
>>64475068

Whens your album coming out again ?
>>
>>64475417
>cheesy
yes some of it

>the wall
b-but there's some good songs surely.........

>best of its genre

eeeh. syd is sort've strange. VERY british. his guitar is questionable in some ways. he reminds me of a "character" that is more "himself" than say...."musician". most of his solo stuff isn't "eargasms"...you know?
>>
>>64475483
Ah the strawman. Nice.
>>
>>64475417
>Especially the wall, fuck that contrived melodramatic garbage
THIS
>>
>>64475417
enjoy your subpar nursey rhymes
>>
Barrett got kicked out of Floyd because he wanted to bring in singing girls and a sax player.

Then they made DSOTM.
>>
>>64475555

Money, get away
Get a good job with more pay and you're okay
Money, it's a gas
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
New car, caviar, four star daydream
Think I'll buy me a football team

Thats moneys lyrics.

There was a king who ruled the land.
His majesty was in command.
With silver eyes the scarlet eagle
Showers silver on the people.
Oh Mother, tell me more.
Why'd'ya have to leave me there
Hanging in my infant air
Waiting?

mother matilda lyrics..

The lyrics are no better, you fool. Theres no comparison.
>>
>>64475661
i wasnt talking about the lyrics i was talking about the actual songs you fool
>>
File: Syd_Barrett_Abbey_Road_1975.jpg (7 KB, 275x270) Image search: [Google]
Syd_Barrett_Abbey_Road_1975.jpg
7 KB, 275x270
>>64475594
He got kicked out because he was crazy and unreliable. There was a solid five years between his departure and DSotM, things change.
>>
>>64473304
Are you from chambersburg, PA?
>>
>>64475693
The joke------------------------------------------>

Your head
>>
>>64475068
Can you stop insulting the man? He likely suffered from severe schizophrenia onset by the use of drugs. I don't know how much you know about schizophrenia, but (in severe cases,) it renders you nearly incapable of living a normal lifestyle. He certainly couldn't continue to perform in the band, so I wouldn't say that he "threw away his career" without good reason.
>>
>>64475678

They sound absolutely nothing like nursery rhymes you pleb. The wordings of the songs are slightly child like and influenced from old childrens book. Thats where the child like comes in, not the sound of them. And they were perfect for an era where everyone was taking LSD.
>>
>>64475417
>Post Saucerful is embarassing.
FTFY.
But yes, Syd's solo career is better than Pink Floyd.
>>
Post rare Syds
>>
>>64475851
>lucifer sam
>the scarecrow
>the gnome
>bike
>flaming
>not nursery rhymes
>>
>>64475868
You're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>64475905

Have you even heard lucifer sam? What kind of nursery rhyme would that be?
>>
>>64476064
a stupid middle-age-era sounding nursery rhyme that a hippie would sing, thats what
>>
>>64475678
Psychedelic music can have a childish sound because there's a fair amount of nostalgia and childhood memories on acid

Atleast for some
>>
>>64475903
fucking schizophrenia and relatives who refuse to treat it properly
t. someone related to a person who acts just like syd post 70's
>>
>>64476117

Do you need a hug or something... ?
>>
>>64475903
:(
>>
>>64475773
did you go to cburg hs? what year did you graduate?
>>
>>64476156

Someone gets it.
>>
Most of the Pink Floyd discog is psychedelia for boring people. It's the Post-2010 Coachella of psychedelic music.
>>
>>64473304
_you_ are embarrassing m8
>>
>>64476316
That's because most of the Pink Floyd discography isn't psychedelia.
>>
>>64475252
stay buttblasted Barret cock sucker
>>
>>64476530

Oh dear..
>>
>>64476316
So, it's the vintage version of Tame Impala.
>>
>>64476316
ok then what's some GOOD psych? psych for exciting, interesting people
>>
>>64474909
>"The Fall"
Are you referring to the novel or the band?
>>
File: Animal_collective_merriweather.jpg (123 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
Animal_collective_merriweather.jpg
123 KB, 450x450
>>64477960
>>
File: Spacemen-3-Sound-Of-Confusion.jpg (1 MB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
Spacemen-3-Sound-Of-Confusion.jpg
1 MB, 1500x1500
>>64477960
pic related
>>64478745
ahahhahahahhahah aha ahha hahhaha ahha ah ahh a hah ahhaah hahha hahah haha ha
>>
>>64478745
>>64478865

ok more please. the most fantastic immense mindblowing psych ever to grace the turntable
>>
>>64478561

The band.
>>
File: homepage_large.a91f4b35.jpg (164 KB, 319x319) Image search: [Google]
homepage_large.a91f4b35.jpg
164 KB, 319x319
>>64478908
>>
If you like Syd Barrett check out The Soft Boys and Robyn Hitchcock.
>>
>>64479461
man u suck
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.