[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what the fuck happened
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 2
File: .png (1 MB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
.png
1 MB, 1200x1200
what the fuck happened
>>
yall's a bunch of a bitches is what happened
>>
i thought this was about 2016 releases until i saw opn. plz explain the relevance to eachother original poster
>>
>>64468341
didn't that shit come it december? fuck off its a rollover month
>>
It's not a very good year for music

Also, OPN was 2015, so that doesn't count
>>
>>64468346
came out in november
>>
That's not Jai Paul SENPAI
>>
>>64468319
Animal Collective released a 7/10 album
>>
>>64468319
hacks ran out of gas
Confident the swans album is gonna be good.
Ariel pink might surprise us
Arca too
I have hope for the summer and winter
>>
Those album covers are a fucking abomination lmao

>le 21st century post-post-everythingism
>>
>>64468467
If you think the DG and Babyfather covers are bad you are probably just an idiot who doesn't understand them.
>>
>>64468524
>it's post-modernist baby shit
>hurr u just dont understand it

k.
>>
File: Yung Lean - Warlord.jpg (119 KB, 482x481) Image search: [Google]
Yung Lean - Warlord.jpg
119 KB, 482x481
You haven't listened to this yet.
>>
>>64468524
explain the DG cover. from a design stand point the white space is fucking atrocious.

babyfather is nice but it doesn't have a deep meaning that your are inferring .
>>
Wtf Love Streams was beautiful and the art kicks ass
>>
BBF
Landcruisin'
Love Streams
GoD
All good, about to listen to Bottomless Pit
>>
>>64468566
love streams was garbage
get better ears
>>
>>64468467
This is probably an unpopular opinion, but i think the Views cover could have been alright if they didn't poorly photoshop drake onto it
>>
I feel like the recent trend of shitty album art
is them cutting corners so they don't have to spend much on it
>>
>>64468319
Ferraro is my last hope for a decent release this year but even he will probably disappoint
>>
>>64468319
Bad year for hacks
>>
>>64468541
no, it's actually really fucking simple. You don't see the significance of putting giant eyes on an album?

>>64468563
it's conveying the excitement for one thing. The band is so huge everyone is looking at them and it's making fun of that looking back at people and hiding behind it. The eyes are huge. It's over stimulation. It's a really simple and clever image. It's one of the best album covers ever.

>>64468563
Babyfather shows a hoverboard over the city as if it were flying, but it's not cause they don't do that. It's the ideal image to show the nostalgic disappointment of a culture that was promised a glorious future that never materialized. Instead of freely flying around on futuristic boards we are in many ways less free than we have every been as a consequence of technology monitoring us all the time, especially in London where there's literally a surveillance state.

That's why there's the proud to be british sample looped. it's as if you are listening to a record made by a propaganda ministry. It's also playing on the irony that british culture is now basically been destroyed because it's become part of the same globalized American culture that conquered the globe. There's nothing really british about hip hop to begin with.
>>
>>64468626
I love skid row and war
>>
>>64468346
>rollover month

The fuck? And it was november. Either way why post a 2015 album in an obvious 2016 collection?
>>
>>64468707
>it's conveying the excitement for one thing. The band is so huge everyone is looking at them and it's making fun of that looking back at people and hiding behind it. The eyes are huge. It's over stimulation. It's a really simple and clever image. It's one of the best album covers ever.
really? im pretty sure its just some chick behind some white spheres
like im fairly confident they just chose some intentionally shitty pic cause they thought it was funny or whatever because theyre soooo antiestablishment that they dont need no attractive well designed album cover
im projecting but not as hard as you are, im probably closer to the truth T B H F A M
>>
Bottomless Pit is great
Kendrick gave you a free album out of nowhere and it's decent
Bowie put out the AOTY so far

It's been an all right year so far
>>
>>64468761
>rollover month
you don't know what rollover means? are people who have never done taxes allowed to be on here?
>>
>>64468707
>That's why there's the proud to be british sample looped. it's as if you are listening to a record made by a propaganda ministry.

That doesn't make stealth intro not the worst song of the year so far in front of Hungry Ham
>>
>artist exist to meet my exact and sole expectations
>>
>>64468800
I know what the term means but that has no application to what year albums come out in, shithead
>>
>>64468802
shit opinion
drop your trip faggot
faggot american as usual
>>
>>64468802
people like you are exactly why that track's there, dude
>>
>>64468781
you are not at all closer to the truth. it's a logical extension of imagery they already had in the inanimate sensation video. It's giant eyes. It's very fucking simple. It's almost difficult for me to articulate since I don't understand how people can be so thick as to not intuitively understand why that's a significant image.

Also it's a great design, the first time you see that image you remember it. it's iconic in every way.

>>64468802
Dean doesn't really make music anyway. it's just art.
>>
>>64468863
>Dean doesn't really make music anyway. it's just art.
FUCK OFF

stop parroting this shit without any explanation holy fuck
>>
>>64468319
/mu/ has always had shit taste.
>>
>>64468781
not the same anon, but it's painfully obvious that you have never made, or will ever make or understand anything artistic.
>>
painting with is the worst animal collective album, but it's still very good

pablo is disappointing but it has a few great tracks

death grips i didn't like much but i've only listened once

also it's only may
>>
>>64468872
figure it out yourself. That's the point of his art
too many faggots want instant gratification and everything spelled out to them
it's not hard to figure out what he's doing if u watch his music videos and read his interviews
lazy ass baka
>>
>>64468905
spell it out familiam ill suck ur cocky.
>>
>>64468467
half of them are pretty bad yeah
whats that awful hoverboard album?
>>
Yeah it's been a horrid year but Radiohead will fix it all
>>
>>64468872
I'm not parroting anything. That's just how I see it. What the fuck explaination do you need? He's literally done performance art. He's done shows where he's just reading things he wrote with a fog machine and shit. Half his shit is just looped samples and sound effects. WHen I listen to him I don't do it looking to have a musical experience, just and intellectual and emotional one. Sure it's music, but if I want to listen to music I'll listen to something more musical. Also not all his stuff is the same, some times it's more art sometimes it's more beats.

>>64468930
No man, Radiohead is awful. all that will do is cause a retarded shitstorm
>>
>>64468917
. you need to form your own personal experience with the art he makes. My explanation of what dean means will only make sense to me.
>>
>>64468918
>>64468707
>Babyfather
>>
>Amnesia Scanner
>Chino Amobi
>Julianna Barwick
>The Gerogerigegege
>Jessy Lanza

good year so far
>>
>>64468319
great meh good meh meh good meh meh alright
>>
>>64468834
Damn man, your dad forget to give you your morning fuck?
>>64468844
I mean I listened to the album and found some of the production lush and even beautiful. That song is just atrocious, but it's not like I clasped my hands to my ears, cried and turned it off.

And I get the satirical theme of it that the Brits in the hip hop scene have westernized and conformed to US culture, but the rapping was still shit, and that five minute soapbox rant toward the end of the album was complete airheaded nonsense and obvious advice. That kind of shit was just unbearable
>>64468863
I disagree. I really like The Redeemer and I think it was a very well-constructed pleasant album without trying to get too indulgent. I do realize Dean is an artsy fella and this was supposed to be a very left-field and politically charged side project, but he could've definitely done a better job with it
>>
>>64468967
>Aesop Rock
>Chthe'ilist
>Oranssi Pazuzu
>Denzel Curry
>Deak
>Iggy
>Teen Suicide

That it has. Not as good as last year but I've found some good shit. Plus Weezer had their best album since Pinkerton which is exciting
>>
what are some necessary books or albums to consume to fully understand Dean Blunt
>>
>>64468319
You realised p4k hyped artists are shit
>>
>>64469109
drop your trip you're garbage
Most Idiotic thing I've read all morning. didn't even get close to understanding what babyfather was about
>>
>>64468707
>Babyfather shows a hoverboard over the city as if it were flying, but it's not cause they don't do that. It's the ideal image to show the nostalgic disappointment of a culture that was promised a glorious future that never materialized. Instead of freely flying around on futuristic boards we are in many ways less free than we have every been as a consequence of technology monitoring us all the time, especially in London where there's literally a surveillance state.

>That's why there's the proud to be british sample looped. it's as if you are listening to a record made by a propaganda ministry. It's also playing on the irony that british culture is now basically been destroyed because it's become part of the same globalized American culture that conquered the globe. There's nothing really british about hip hop to begin with.

wow, it's "so" deep anon.....faggot. are you this easily impressed by everything?
>>
>>64469158
His music?
>>64469175
Why are you such an angry person? And why make empty insults without even presenting what you think the album's about?
>>
>>64468930
Radiohead fucking sucks.
>>
>>64469218
Because you're another shitty tripfag who doesn't know a thing about music or even Art for this matter
If you can't handle stealth intro then Art isn't for you. drop your trip until you gain some knowledge faggot
>>
>>64468581
that's your wrong opinion ;)
>>
>>64468760
they were not bad but a just a bit underwhelming.
>>
>>64469265
>tripfags are any worse than anons
oh, fuck off with this meme, you know that it doesn't make any sense to say that
>>
>>64469356
They're worse when they prove time and time again they don't know much about anything.
just another attention whore who is probably a loser IRL
>>
>>64469265
Why capitalize art?

Anyway I digress. I hardly think finding a single song distasteful and unpleasant completely disqualifies me from understanding anything about art, which inherently makes no sense because art is subjective, but then again I can tell that you're actually so enraged that logic isn't really in play for you right now. I play an instrument, I've taken a few college courses on music, and I've listened to a number of records. Not to say that makes me a music "expert" or gives me the moral authority to grandstand over people like you seem to enjoy doing, but I think I have heard and explored enough different genres to at least know what I'm talking about.

tl;dr your opinion is not objective and neither is mine so your argument is moot, and your ad homs don't help you here
>>
>>64469153
Pazuzu, teen suicide and Deak were all great. Also, EWBAITE > White m8
>>
>>64469439
Oh wow you taken a few college courses at your local community college
That gives you the reason to put on a trip and spew nothing but bullshit
Good job loser
I'd love to hear your music. I bet i'll be blown anyway :)
>>
>>64469412
So all anons are just masters of music, right? You're just displacing your anger about other shit onto trips because they're a target unlike anons that are faceless. Face it faggot, outside of Montie's cancerous "le worst album ever is bungle" threads, 95% of the cancerous threads on this board("what did he mean by this", greentexting some dumb shit like >the killers >don't kill people, and calling Remain In Light shit every day for months) is done by anons. Trips aren't very different from us
>>
>>64469524
Anyway I digress. I hardly think finding a single song distasteful and unpleasant completely disqualifies me from understanding anything about art, which inherently makes no sense because art is subjective, but then again I can tell that you're actually so enraged that logic isn't really in play for you right now. I play an instrument, I've taken a few college courses on music, and I've listened to a number of records. Not to say that makes me a music "expert" or gives me the moral authority to grandstand over people like you seem to enjoy doing, but I think I have heard and explored enough different genres to at least know what I'm talking about.

tl;dr your opinion is not objective and neither is mine so your argument is moot, and your ad homs don't help you here
>>
WHEN SHIT HAPPEN
>>
>>64469445
>EWBAITE> White

I fully respect that decision though I don't share it. It goes without saying that those are the 2 best since Pinkerton. I just really really like the songs I do like on White, like Summer Elaine and Do You Wanna Get High
>>64469507
You want to talk about spewing bullshit? You STILL haven't said a single word in regards to the album you're insulting me for not "understanding"(kek). You're embarrassing yourself anon

I don't make music, I just play guitar, and I don't know why I even feel like I have to defend myself to such an idiot that lacks self-awareness but I go to a 4 year uni don't worry
>>
>>64469565
Damn anon you are having a meltdown lmao
>>
>>64469565
This is the result of far too many discussions I try to have on this board

Some underage comes in and resorts to petty mockery to avoid sharing their opinion. I thought maybe if I dug deep enough I could get an argument out of you but now I realize that was too much to ask
>>
>>64469613
Why would I need explain something so simple. Not my fault you're dumb :)
>>
>>64469727
>why should I assert my opinion after belittling someone else's on a music discussion board

You're a lost cause. You know what to be honest I don't even blame you. I blame your parents for raising you so poorly
>>
>>64469727
I don't like Hot Opinion either but if you can't defend yourself you just come off as a retard
>>
>>64469826
Same to you :)
>>
>>64469874
haha tbqh I never have listen to dean blunt
>>
someone explain Dean... is he mentally challenged and truly trying?
>>
>>64468319
Kendrick and Babyfather are both pretty good. The rest are disposable tho.
>>
>>64468319
come on, Love Streams is good!

>>64468448
>Ariel pink might surprise us
>Arca too
HYPED
>>
>>64468319
other than tlop and views this list ranges from decent to great OP
GoD > BP > Love Streams = PW > Untilted Unmastered > "This Makes Me Proud To Be British" > Meme Paul desu
>>
Better than literally all of 2015 so far, although most of those albums were disappointing
>>
>>64468319
>implying Bottomless Pit is bad
Fucking pleb, I bet you also think The Powers That B was a letdown.
>>
>>64471520
You must be one sad, sad man
>>
>>64472273
says the tripfag
>>
>>64468319
Not sure where else to ask, but I need to find out what the track is off of this Vine:
https://vine.co/v/ewBVZlKUg1p
>>
>>64468781
I like the cover. Its unsettling. And i couldnt care less about death grips.
>>
reminder that if you even considered downloading any of those you are the scum of this board
>>
>>64474201
my taste > your taste anon
>>
>GoD
>"bad"
>even anywhere near those others
I know it's just one guy who's forcing this meme but fuck off. It's not funny or true.
>>
>>64469565
Ew dude take a fucking breathe your embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>64474254
this, it's his second best after replica
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.