[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>yfw Drake will be/is an important figure in Hip-Hop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7
File: cantbeserious.png (474 KB, 399x503) Image search: [Google]
cantbeserious.png
474 KB, 399x503
>yfw Drake will be/is an important figure in Hip-Hop
>>
no he won't lmao i say that as a drake stan he will be forgotten so quickly
>>
>>64466682
>no he won't lmao i say that as a drake stan he will be forgotten so quickly
how?
>>
>>64466682
How you know?
>>
>>64466673
If he dies right now. I am 100% sure he will be
>>
>start listening to Views
>third song
>damn this shit is awful
>let's see what people think
>go to rateyourmusic
>2.80
>delete album and move on
He was never great but at least some of his music was quite decent. This was pure shit and hopefully he is gone for good now.
>>
>>64466698
>>64466710
He hasn't done anything of substance throughout his career. Most of his songs are just self congratulatory circle jerks,him addressing his "haters", some shitty relationship problems etc. Musically he hasn't done anything ground breaking either so in all likelihood help just fade into obscurity
>>
>>64466710
>>64466698
he's the nelly of this period and just payed his way to the top. OVO won't become Roc-A-Fella so he's not even going to be remembered as a jay z mogul.
>>
>>64466728
If he dies he's a legend
>>
>>64466789
Tbh if Drake actually promoted his artists rather than just bit off them and dumped them OVO could be pretty big.

PND and dvsn especially could easily be huge. He's got one of the best vocalists around right now in dvsn he needs to take advantage of that shit.
>>
views was garbage

>>64466789
no he's not the nelly of this generation nelly fucked around and made country songs he never tried to act like some thug. like drake did last year
>>
>>64466789
Fucking A, his music hasn't exactly changed either.. the pussy
>>
File: rare kanye west.png (104 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
rare kanye west.png
104 KB, 250x250
>808 over and over until he changed his style and dropped IYRTITL, his only great album
kendrick is better and kanye is stupid fun but changed his style alot.
>>
>>64466759

>4th track is the best on the album

I understand it must be hard for virgins to relate to songs about women so it's okay.
>>
Wow, people still think Drake will be forgotten.
Yeah, like Obama will be. Like Adele will be.

More people know about Drake than Nas. When he retires at 35 expect a Kobe level sendoff for him.
>>
>>64467196
lol drake stans are really moronic.
>>
File: beyonce lemonade.jpg (139 KB, 1208x758) Image search: [Google]
beyonce lemonade.jpg
139 KB, 1208x758
leave pop AOTY to me
>>
>>64467207
Honeatly' I feel like most of these people are under 18 like the guy saying "he dies he's legend bro". Probably one of the most low brow fan bases around.
>>
>>64467196
Obama?

Adele probably will be forgotten
>>
>>64467196
>the first and probably only black president
>forgotten
drake wont be forgotten but it won't be like jay-z because Drake isnt a good rapper to begin with,he has the face,the attitude and used to have to beats but if he continue this road it will be like eminem where even his hardcore fans want him to stop.
>>
Just check the sales next week.
Drake dominates all of rap. He's already a legend. There's not a single music fan on the planet who doesn't know Drake.
>>
File: 1457435926253.jpg (26 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1457435926253.jpg
26 KB, 600x400
>>64467714
Just check the sales next week.
Justin bieber dominates all of pop. He's already a legend. There's not a single music fan on the planet who doesn't know Beiber.
>>
>>64467740
Yeah, that's pretty much true. What, you think that's a criticism?
>>
>>64467714
how does sales = quality? adele is better than drake I guess by your logic? selena gomez is too? hell if kevin hart released an album guess he'd dominate rap.
>>
Adele is clearly better than Drake I don't even see how anyone can think any differently. But you completely insane if you think Drake won't go down as a legend rap. The man changed the game.

Sales are just the icing on the Drake Cake.
>>
>>64467884
How did drake change the game?
Serious question
>>
>>64467884
>the man changed the game
How?
>>
>>64467884
He didn't change the game, he's just expanded on the sound Kanye and T-Pain created.
>>
>>64467908
Drake's very existence is a testament to how things have changed. Drake should not exist. 10 years ago, Meek Mill would have ethered Drake. On paper that should not have even been a contest. And it wasn't, but because of how much Drake has changed things. Pusha T has had it in for Drake for years, it must kill him when Kanye respects him so much.

That his projects are still considered hip hop despite singing on over half the tracks shows how much shit has changed. Shit his unashamed references to how much southern hip hop influenced his music got all these other new york rappers unashamedly borrowing heavily from southern rap too, like Rocky. Ty$ owes his career to people like Drake. Fetty owes his career to rappers like Drake. Young Thug owes his career to Drake. Future owes his career to Drake. Even young niggas T-Pain, now that's a guy who's been forgotten. Last I heard he was working with Twigs.

That Drake is still considered a rapper first is something that would never have been the case 20 years ago.

And you guys like to ignore Toronto's scene a lot and act like Drake did nothing for it, when before him it was non-existent in the rap world. Shit it was non existent in the rnb world. And now, besides Atlanta, Toronto's one of the only places with a sound you can hear that comes from its artists, it's no coincidence these artists all sound like Drake either.

Besides Kanye West & Lil Wayne, I can't hear anyone who has made such a clear effect on rap after 2005. I'm not just talking about individual projects.

Fact is people love to debate top 5 rappers and that debate hasn't changed in decades and it features nothing but dead or over the hill rappers and the people who dismiss Drake are the first to bing up these dead rappers.

You guys should go back and listen to So Far Gone. People seem to have forgotten how influential that tape was, not to mentioning it launching the careers of Boi-1da, 40, T-Minus.
>>
>>64468256
>implying drake has any southern influence evident in his music
>implying that anyone cares who ty dolla sign owes his career to
>implying pusha t wouldn't destroy drake in a beef
>>
>>64468256
Thanks for the response, interesting to know this
>>
>>64468256
thank you for taking time to write this
>>
>>64468256
Your talking as if Drake started this soft nigga shit

Tpain
Andre 3k
Kanye

those are who you are talking about but for some reason you think it's drake.
>>
>>64468351
>>implying drake has any southern influence evident in his music
Are you being serious right now?
>implying that anyone cares who ty dolla sign owes his career to
Just saying that an artist like Ty$ can exist right now because Drake paved that way. Years before he'd have just been relegated to just another Nate Dogg.
>implying pusha t wouldn't destroy drake in a beef
Pusha's been beefing Drake since as far back as Blocka. He hates Drake, but Drake's still around and at the top.
>>
>>64468411
god damn it I am going to call you under age but it really is a compliment because if you are over 20 and talk like this you are mentally challenged and need help
>>
>>64468411
Show me one song with any southern influence by drake besides him completely misusing a Pimp C verse on Views.

>relegated to just another Nate Dogg
are you retarded, nate dogg is a legend. ty dolla sign will never be as big as nate dogg was in the early 2000s
>>
TOP 5
TOP 5
TOP 5
>>
File: penn_jillette_435x290.jpg (23 KB, 435x290) Image search: [Google]
penn_jillette_435x290.jpg
23 KB, 435x290
>rap album over 60 minutes
>>
What's your guys favorite song from his new album?

IMO:

1.One Dance
2. Pop Style
3. Too Good
>>
>>64468407
Drake's style is also very obviously influenced by Phonte
>>
>>64468619
Phonte isn't soft though
>>
>>64468256
>Besides Kanye West & Lil Wayne, I can't hear anyone who has made such a clear effect on rap after 2005
Who is Future?
>>
>>64468645
dis
>>
>>64468407
Yeah, I'm going to call you out on that. None of those were ever called a soft nigga. Closest is Andre and he wrote Return of the G to put all of that shit to rest.

>>64468439
>Show me one song with any southern influence by drake
Really? We're going to act like So Far Gone wasn't screwed and chopped by DJ Mr. Rogers?
We're going to act like The Motto doesn't exist?
We're going to act like Under Ground Kings doesn't exist?
We're going to act like Practice doesn't exist?
We're going to act like Worst Behavior doesn't exist?
We're going to act like November 18th doesn't exist?
We're going to act like Houstantltavegas doesn't exist?
We're going to act like 305 To My City doesn't exist?
We're going to act like Grammys doesn't exist?
We're going to act like Drake never once talked about Houston, ever?

Shit let's just put all this to rest and give all the credit to Prince, that seems fashionable right now.
>>
>>64468654
you never heard T Pain debut or 808s or Love Below . gotcha
>>
>>64468654
you're right

>>64468663
you're right

several people are involved
>>
>>64468663
I'll give you one thing. T-Pain was the first to sing it's okay to be in love with strippers. Drake definitely took that to heart.

>808s
Already discussed that.

>Love Below
Nothing sounds like Love Below except Love Below.
>>
>>64468654
Yeah pays homage to it a lot but he avoids the pre-trap southern sound
>>
>>64466673
He is the MC Hammer of this generation
>>
>>64468531
feel no ways
hype
>>
>>64468758
>he avoids the pre-trap southern sound

What? Houston's sound is screwed too. The whole south isn't just Trap you know. And you asked me for songs with southern influence and I showed you plenty.

And if you want trap he just released a fucking album with Future, which I'm sure you're going to say "that doesn't count" too anyway.
>>
>>64468836
You know your shit it seems
>>
Is One Dance popular in America? In the UK it's #1 but I figured it'll be popular here because we like that dancehall influence a bit more and it samples a UK artist.

It's been really popular here actually.
>>
I don't really care about pop music.
>>
File: big album.jpg (350 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
big album.jpg
350 KB, 960x960
>>
>>64468438
Yeah, let's not have a sincere talk about music. You're retarded as fuck and should go to /r9k or something
>>
>>64468531
Keep the Family Close, Weston Road Flows and Faithful
>>
File: feel it kanye west.jpg (133 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
feel it kanye west.jpg
133 KB, 1920x1080
he made 808 and T-pain debut relevent and killed the popularity of gangsta rap,a sub-genre that was holding down hip-hop to a primitive level. Im not saying that drake is good but he is important to the genre.
>>
>>64469921
>he made 808 relevant

LET ME STOP YOU RIGHT THERE SENPAI
>>
>>64470113
explain yourself
>>
>>64466673
I like drake.
>>
>>64469921
you are literally a fucking moron. 808 and T Pain preclude Drake holy fucking shit drake stans need to be killed
>>
>>64470497
>>64470497
>>64469921
*precede

don't even need to correct myself because drake stans are retarded
>>
>>64466759
The third song is "U with me?" That is objectively one of the best songs he's ever made, your opinion is shit.
>>
Anyone who doesn't reconginze his greatness is delusional. Just know your children and grandchildren will know his name.
>>
>>64470865
I agree. He has influenced pop culture a lot. he is a pop sensation akin to beyonce, kanye, taylor swift, etc...

"it aint about who did it first its about who did it right"
he did/is doing modern pop star right. hip hop = pop music.

as for >>64469921 , please go be retarded somewhere else. made 808s and tpain relevant? are you kidding me? very wrong reasoning. these artist (along with akon, andre3k... maybe even nelly) gave/influenced drakes entire career. all drake has done is expand on his immediate influencers and he has taken full advantage of the "soft nigga shit"
>>
>>64468256
I remember in my sophomore year of high school everyone was acting like Drake was a bitch and now he's known and the fucking 6 God. If that doesn't tell you the guys a legend y'all are fucked up
>>
>>64468439
Not the same guy but have you heard HoustAtlantaVegas

He has always had clear southern influence if you actually look at his discorgraphy. Bun B on a few songs, Waka called him a culture vulture at the end of last year's diss track

Use your ears man
>>
Views is disappointing
>>
>>64468619
how? I don't see it.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.