[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
White Stripes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: elephantwhitestripes.jpg (167 KB, 1440x1440) Image search: [Google]
elephantwhitestripes.jpg
167 KB, 1440x1440
More music like "Ball and biscuit"-Elephant
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTXuPydruvk

Sounds cool as fuck. Something you'd be comfortable blasting in your car while driving.
The guitar in particular sounds fucking amazing in this.
>>
>>64414782
thanks i never heard of them
>>
You've posted this same thread like 5 times in the past week. Why?
>>
Listen to Elephant,the album.Black Keys for a updated take on this kind of music.also the yardbirds.
>>
>>64414809
you're welcome
>>64414821
I posted it once but the thread died out with a few replies. Not aware of anyone else having posted it since.
>>64414842
Have heard the black keys. Anything else?
>>
ty segall
the reatards if you have guts
black keys are gay
white stripes up to icky thump are great
the sonics
>>
>>64415123

where to begin with ty segall?

I heard caesar from this album and loved the guitar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnzVKkDsGiY#
>>
>>64415249
s/t
reverse shark attack
melted
lemons
>>
McClusky - McClusky Do Dallas
Death From Above 1979 - You're A Woman, I'm A Machine
The 3 song EP Jack White put out before The White Stripes as The Upholsterers is really good.
FIDLAR's s/t
A long shot maybe, but try Dopethrone by Electric Wizard. Check out some Queens of the Stone Age maybe, too.
>>
>>64415888
i second Death From Above 1979 and Electric Wizard. DFA is has those blues-y riffs with a killer bass tone and dance rock drums. I love them

Electric Wizard is like doomy, sludgy stoner rock. its pretty cool tbqh
>>
>>64415888
Mclusky*

And I just thought, The Orwells, The Hives & Tame Impala might be your kind of thing if you haven't checked them out yet. Otherwise, Black Keys do that electric blues rock kind of thing well, as you'd already know. Royal Blood maybe, if you like The Black Keys.
>>
>>64415946
Yeah, DFA are pretty great honestly. If you end up liking them OP, you may want to give Lightning Bolt a shot too, they're like a noisier more hyper version of DFA. Wonderful Rainbow is a pretty good starting point for them imo.
>>
>>64415888
>>64415279
>>64415123
>>64415946
>>64415959
>>64416026

thanks for the recommendations anons. will check them out.
>>
>>64416033
Cheers OP, hope you find a few in there that you like. I love The White Stripes but I find it hard to rec a lot that's super similar to them honestly other than the old delta blues artists & such that Jack's inspired by. Not exactly the same "oomph" for blasting in the car haha.
If you haven't already, be sure to check out the rest of Jack White's music too (White Stripes, solo stuff, Dead Weather, Raconteurs). The song High Ball Stepper for example off of his newest solo album was similar to Ball & Biscuit if I recall.
>>
>>64416185
anything in particular by jack white that i could begin with: the newest solo album?
>>
>>64416273
Yeah, I'd say start with Lazaretto, pretty sure it had more stuff like what you're looking for, it's been a bit since I put that CD on though and I haven't listened to it a ton yet. The first solo album, Blunderbuss, has some standout tracks but it has a lot more of the subdued/soft sort of songs. Standout track from that one for me is definitely Sixteen Saltines.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.