[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is it a bad idea to post my music/videos here? any artists have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 1422496548706.jpg (270 KB, 1268x1695) Image search: [Google]
1422496548706.jpg
270 KB, 1268x1695
is it a bad idea to post my music/videos here? any artists have tried to make their shit 'viral' had it bite them in the ass and turned their fanbase into memesters?
>>
Eh, I did it twice by doing a youtube thread. My video was unlisted, and for some reason received a random bump of views randomly sometime later. Then again, I'm not an artist, per se, just a guy who made a song and a video, without attempting to sell it, or make a career out of it.
>>
I'd say keep it to bandcamp / soundcloud / youtube threads, but Will Toledo did that and people don't listen to him because he "viralled"
>>
Will Toledo did it and niw he has the reputation of a viraler/homosexual/furry. So I'd just stick to soundcloud threada, bandcamp threads, etc
>>
File: 1316496620826.jpg (206 KB, 900x674) Image search: [Google]
1316496620826.jpg
206 KB, 900x674
>>64412085
>>64412108
ok thanks

not trying to be like death grips or whatever that band is with the potato chip head guy on it. you KNOW it was just the members of the band reposting that shit every day
>>
>viral etc
i want to post a song i'm working on but that's the opposite of what i'm worried about lol, i'm worried people will just hate it and tell me to quit

i found car seat headrest on here like a lot of people, (somebody posted in a rec said saying 'if you want really good indie check this out or whatever), is there any source on it actually being will posting it?
>>
>>64412294
>death grips or whatever that band is with the potato chip head guy on it.

HOLY SHIT IF YOU ARENT JOKING...
>>
I only ever post my shit w/o my band name or any titles attached for feedback

I've posted my personal sc in noise amd soundcloud threads but that's always been unfinished stuff and again only looking for feedback

if you want feedback, upload to vocaroo or some shit. if you want to promote, don't post.
>>
>>64412339
>is there any source on it actually being will posting it?
nah, he used to post his early stuff in bandcamp threads tho
>>
>>64412377
desu senpai ive never listened to anything mu recommends, just one of my friends played a death grip song one day for me

i make pop and hip hop so ive never really liked music thats not supper simple/vocal focused
>>
File: 1421728291927.jpg (16 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1421728291927.jpg
16 KB, 512x384
>>64412294
>not trying to be like death grips or whatever that band is with the potato chip head guy on it. you KNOW it was just the members of the band reposting that shit every day
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.