[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Memes aside, i honestly think Ringo is the best Beatle. He always
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: ringo-starr-9.jpg (48 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
ringo-starr-9.jpg
48 KB, 450x338
Memes aside, i honestly think Ringo is the best Beatle. He always provided a solid backing beat and helped establish the idea that a drummers ability to keep time was more important than their soloing skill. If only his band mates Lennon and McCartney were more competent songwriters his skills would have been worth it.
>>
>>64409790
>more competent
Lennon/McCartney sit on the highest echelon of contemporary song with the likes of Gershwin and Dylan.

I don't think that's the word you're looking for.
>>
>>64409790
He was a good drummer as far as I can tell, which Isn't much.

But I don't see how Lennon and McCartney weren't competent songwriters.
>>
ringo starr is the luckiest motherfucker in the history of humanity
>>
Ringo's minimalist style sounds simple but it isn't. His technique is actually _quite_ complicated as anyone who's tried performing his stuff would tell you.
>>
>>64409790
ringo sucked, he's a tool as well, lucked out hard in life
>>
He'll be the last Beatle
>>
File: 1443556239737.jpg (21 KB, 534x516) Image search: [Google]
1443556239737.jpg
21 KB, 534x516
he the best cos he didn't write all them shitty songs
>>
Does anyone ever listened carefully to Abbey Road and noticed how well all instruments, especially drums, bass, and some guitar solos, are played?
Macca was a good bassist, and I can tell it's his style in Abbey Road, but when it comes to drums I always thought there were other people playing.
Perhaps I should go through Ringo's solo album and compare the drumming.
>>
Ringo wasn't even the best drummer in the beatles
>>
>>64410313
Memes aside pls
>>
>>64409945
He tries to downplay it a little bit.

"I would have probably still gotten big without the Beatles. I had talent and I wanted to be in a band."
>>
>>64411220
Well, Roy Storm and the Hurricanes definitely would've swept the world if he had stayed their drummer.
>>
Ringo gets little respect as a solo artist, but his post Beatles music is quite good. Ringo is best Beatle. Fuck the haters.
>>
>>64409790
hell be fine
>>
File: Skeedilydoo.jpg (64 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
Skeedilydoo.jpg
64 KB, 450x338
>>
if you removed everything but the drums from every song by the beatles you could still tell what song it was. he's a fantastic drummer.
>>
>>64411220
>>64411235
The band he was in at the time he went to The Beatles was actually regionally more popular than the Fab Three + Pete Best
>>
This thread is the definition of contrarianism.
>>
>>64414153
people that shit on ringo are the definition of normie.
>>
>>64414166
I agree, but I'm not shitting on Ringo. Ringo's solid backbeat for The Beatles' entire catalog (minus a few songs) is no easy feat and should not be overlooked. But come on. He's not the reason why The Beatles got so famous. He didn't write all their great songs. He's a very good drummer but calling him the best Beatle is objectively contrarian.
>>
>>64414206
He may inadvertently be, actually. Ringo was never a fan of being a show off as a drummer (he didn't even like doing the solo on Abbey Road iirc) which meant since the primary rhythm section of The Beatles was always in the back Paul, John and George would have way more room for melody and harmony in their songs, which became a signature part of their style.
>>
>>64414239

this is a great point, he made a lot of sacrifices for the sake of the band and also improved their music greatly. also ringo had the looks, and the biggest personality in a bad stacked with massive personalities.
>>
>>64414298
>ringo had the looks

is this a continuation of the sacrifices you were mentioning or are you serious
>>
>>64414831

women in the 60s considered ringo very attractive. this isn't a conclusion i came to, but one i found after watching plenty of videos on the topic
>>
so good they names a crisp after him
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.