[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I a casual pleb for streaming /mu/sic instead of downloading?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 408x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 408x360
Am I a casual pleb for streaming /mu/sic instead of downloading?
>>
downloading = pirating?

then no
>>
Yes.
>>
nah you're good its easier
>>
It doesn't matter.
>>
>>64385935
streamings way more convenient at this point, and the quality is actually pretty good now, im tempted to delete all the shit on my harddrive because its filling up and i never use it anyways anymore, but then im always scared if theres an apacolypse or internet goes out i wont have any music
>>
>>64385935
Quality wise you probably won't notice unless you get a stream below 128k on pleb hardware. Internet connection freaks out wise you will notice because you have no fucking music. Atleast get some of your favorites as local copies, and stream the rest if you are lazy. But downloading is master race, and you have more control over what you listen to and can get much better interfaces to your music.
>>
No, you're a casual pleb for posting feel good pepe
>>
Nah. When I'm not at home I stream with Apple Music and it's great. Has tons of stuff too.
>>
>>64385935
>320kbps
>has most music worth hearing
>download locally for 30 days
Spotify is incredibly convenient - I couldn't imagine going back. I pick albums to hear during the whilst breakfasting, download them, then get on the bus. If I'm reading /mu/ in bed and find something cool, I'll just put it on. Downloading music on my PC and getting it on my phone is such a hassale comparatively.
>>
Spotify when you're on the go and just casually browsing is excellent. For desktop listening I still prefer my FLAC collection though.
>>
>>64387432

this
>>
I like being able to listen to my whole collection when I'm travelling and shit without using my data so I have it all downloaded but I still have premium as its really easy if I don't want to download something. Also I like having the ability to. Customise my player which spotify doesn't have
>>
>>64387432
They did not even have big black. Also I am getting into japanese prog and I doubt they have all that stuff. Their math rock catalogue is kinda poor as well. But generally you are right. If they had everything I would probably only use spotify
>>
>>64385935
>>64385935
Yes

/a/ universally loathes streaming, why doesn't /mu/?
>>
Unrelated to the post, but is anybody else having a problem with spotify's notification
>>
>>64385935
not downloading your music does not make you a pleb
>>
>>64387432
spotify is ok but it lacks a bunch of stuff
way better than netflix which is absolute garbage
>>
Perhaps a casual, but not necessarily a pleb. What are you streaming?
>>
imo the best one is Google Play Music because it's a lot more focused on adding to your library rather than radio or exploration. It's a streaming service that doesn't really act like one.
>>
File: big black on spotify.png (105 KB, 1107x537) Image search: [Google]
big black on spotify.png
105 KB, 1107x537
>>64390043

uhh...spotify has Big Black...

>>64390061

because generally with anime, when you stream it, it's shit quality. but with Spotify or other streaming services, the music you stream is the same quality as it would be if you downloaded it (unless you get FLAC but FLAC files are huge and you need super expensive headphones to even hear the difference with them).
>>
>>64387432
the only problem with spotify is that it's a huge battery killer
>>
>>64387432
>has most music worth hearing
>most
I have no problem at all with streaming services but here lies the problem. There is so much shit that Spotify doesn't have that keeps me from making the switch.
>>
Yes. If you do not have a music collection you call your own, how much of a music enthusiast are you really? I believe those that organize and collect music have, by far, the most satisfying listening experiences. There is a certain feeling to ownership of music that streamers cannot understand.
>>
>>64386678
buy cds
>>
>>64390061
Because /a/ is autistic
>>
>>64393392
And you implying most people here aren't?
>>
>>64393414
/a/ brings it to a whole new level
>>
>>64393163
I wouldn't say having a collection of files really would put you in the class of being a music enthusiast (I'm not sure if you are talking physical copies or downloads so I'm just going to presume Downloads kek). I mean if you fucking stream, and stream alone you certainly aren't. Downloadings fine and I think everyone who avidly comes here should certainly have downloads. But I think the point where you go from fan to enthusiast is where you have explored enough genres and albums to really develop your own taste as fully as you can and then start buying/hunting for physical copies of the music you look. Anyone can torrent and download, but having files on a computer can't beat the feeling of actually being able to touch the case of an album and read through the notes, or slipping a record out of its sleeve and dropping the needle onto it. It just really adds to the expierence that music has to offer. Also the hunt is something else a music enthusiast should feel, the really rare records that you just have to have. And the feeling when you get that fucking lump of plastic with grooves in it, is really satisfying.
>>
>>64393645
You and have different perspectives on that. For one, I would never seriously consider owning vinyl in the attempt of making a complete collection. It is simply impossible to find some records on vinyl. Having all of my musical in a universal format that can be accessed anytime and anywhere is my primary motivating factor for collecting. It is true that the sensation of touch and sight are lost on the digital format, but I can live with that if it means every single piece of music I enjoy is attainable.
>>
There's only one difference between downloading music and downloading music into your temp folder.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.