[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The more I listen to Frank Zappa, the more I am convinced he
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
The more I listen to Frank Zappa, the more I am convinced he truly was our lord and savior, come to deliver us from pop-rock and lazy musicianship.
>>
File: zappa-hamburg-1973.jpg (42 KB, 800x537) Image search: [Google]
zappa-hamburg-1973.jpg
42 KB, 800x537
>>64384617
yeah that's right
>>
>>64384617
>lazy musicianship

Truly the bane of our times.

'You don't need a high IQ to be a good musician!'

Yeah, right.
>>
lumpy gravy is his best album
>>
>>64384888
Protip it's actually Uncle Meat
>>
>>64384617
>deliver us from pop-rock and lazy musicianship
Pierre Boulez would agree with that sentiment. Or at least, he appreciated Frank Zappa's music over that of any other "rock" musician. He even conducted Zappa's pieces on an album, "The Perfect Stranger."

Zappa is pretty much dad-rock, but it is rock your dad can appreciate if he also likes Stravinsky.
>>
It's a shame how many people on /mu/ dislike him, just because he insulted their favorite beatle. He was a virtuoso
>>
>>64385461
Zappa insulted Ringo? How could that be? He cast him in 200 Motels.
>>
>>64384888
Seconded

Your Top 5 Zappa albums, go

>Lumpy Gravy
>WOIIFTM
>Roxy & Elsewhere
>Joe's Garage Pt. I
>Läther
>>
>>64384617
zappa ironically enough was driven by image, the image of musicianship. he was a musician for the musicians musician, basically he was self-indulgent as hell.
although his work has interesting musical qualities, he never implemented them in a way which was aesthetic in any sense of the word. it was gimmick for the sake of gimmick. he's like the rare liquor that nobody drinks except to talk about how interesting it tasted.
i like what he brought to the table but not what he actually did.
>>
>>64387403
>he was self-indulgent as hell
true dat

>his work has interesting musical qualities
>he never implemented them in a way which was aesthetic in any sense of the word
what the fuck are talking about?
b8/8
>>
Zappa is one of the deities I worship.
He is part of a very small pantheon which may well currently only be comprised of himself and Hendrix.
>>
>>64387444
what's hard to get? his work is for music nerds.
>>
>>64384617
some nigga in my class pointed at this thread and literally said: it´s that guy, Mark Zappa!
>>
>>64388091
slap that nigger in the head
>>
>>64384617
Sadly, he did not succeed.
>>
The Slime is the best song ever
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.