[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Please help me decide!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: Tidalhifi.jpg (22 KB, 658x435) Image search: [Google]
Tidalhifi.jpg
22 KB, 658x435
I just switched to Tidal from PSotify but I am noting a few albums ar emissing from ym favourite artist like Bright Eyes andFlying Lotus.

All of them seem to be missing at elast one album from their discography. However Tidal has lossless quality which i enjoy and also the discography of Prince while SPotify has none.

I am relaly wondering if I shoudl switch back to spotify and ditch Tidal...then use souilseek for the rest of the albums

I really just want to go full streaming without bodering with piratebay and soulseek.
>>
>>64383331

Apple Music > Tidal > Spotishit > the rest
>>
I'm a retard and spent like $3000 on an audio setup so I use Tidal and get my money's worth for the FLAC. I've honestly had no complaints with it.

If you're not able to discern MP3 from FLAC in most cases, don't bother, because Tidal's selection is definitely lower (though a lot better than it used to be).
>>
Is King Crimson on Tidal?
>>
>>64383331
>>64384062
GO BACK TO R3DDIT HOLY SHIT
>>
>>64383698
Spotted the Spotify user lol
>>
>>64384096
It's a legitimate question considering Fripp's hatred of Spotify and general disapproval of streaming services as a whole.
>>
>>64384106
I'm literally listening to Tidal right now with my HD800s. I genuinely like Tidal. I just know I could never tell the difference if I were on regular headphones.
>>
>>64384270
Dang wat DAC and amp u using? I am using Aune Dac Bravo Audio tube amp and my Hd 650
>>
>>64384062
Looks like king crimson is neither on Spotify or Tidal. but I sitll ahve them on vinyl!
>>
>>64384646

that's apple music is the best
>>
>>64383331
>not just torrenting 320kbps mp3s

literally why
>>
>>64385460
>not torrenting FLAC and ALAC

I'm actually wondering why since hard drive space shouldn't be an issue in 2016
>>
>>64385480
I just don't torrent flac because it's easier to find mp3s usually, also my computer is shit and sometimes the flac file will stutter.
>>
>>64385480

not him but FLAC doesn't play on my mobile devices and I listen to most of my music on the go
>>
>>64385480
Honestly, to me, it's mainly because of the UI and how easy it is to discover new artist and their whole discography in one place while enjoying them on CD quality.

Sure foobar2k sort of works but my skin is getting wonky and it isn't smooth at all when I browsing through thousands of my flac with only tiles and cover arts to guide me. Also, I love to browse my music by grid layout cover arts. No curated playlist or biography of unknown artist , no recommendation, no videos, and I certainly dun have 40 million songs and will never have them on my PC.
>>
File: U Wot M8.jpg (95 KB, 624x878) Image search: [Google]
U Wot M8.jpg
95 KB, 624x878
>calling yourself a music fan
>using a streaming service
That shit is for casuals.
>>
>>64385504

ah you should try for a what.cd account. Keeping your ratio is a bitch but it's the easiest way to download high quality albums without actually paying for them
>>
>>64384599
Schiit Gungnir and Bryston BHA-1.
>>
>>64384646
They're on Tidal.
>>
>>64386064
>Bryston BHA-1
Nope they aren't
>>
>>64385626
>calling yourself a music fan and refusing to support any of the artists
>>
>>64386611
>implying you're not giving damn near all of your 9.99 to the record label and producers

not even him anon but come on
>>
>>64386631
Excuse me I am paying 19.99 and not 9.99 like the rest of you. I appreciate higher quality music and if the rest of u wanna continue hearing music with ur 5$ apple earpiece then be my guest. But the life of pablo has never sounded better with my !9.99 sub
>>
>>64386782
>not paying the student price

Oh anon...

And I also have Tidal and enjoy HiFi just like you. I'm just saying don't start thinking your superior because collectively we're putting a few more cents, literally a few cents, more into their pockets
>>
Is Joanna Newsom ontidal?
>>
>>64386876
u know ironically I am actually a student, but because I am from Malaysia my price is greatly cut down when compared to the states
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.