[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My Chemical Romance
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6
File: pIBiU3Q.png (71 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
pIBiU3Q.png
71 KB, 1440x900
After all these years MCR is still one of my favorite bands but I feel like I'm the only one who still listens to them long after their career ended. Back in high school (like the stereotype the music appealed to) I was always a bit of a loner, not unsocial enough to fit in with the usual goth crowd but not social enough to be mixed with. Thats likely the appeal of MCR that it made me feel happy with the theatrics n themes the band does. So does anyone else still listen to me?

Here are some fav songs of mine they made even when I consider all their albums great in their individual themes.

>IBMB
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcxob07i_0Y

>TCFSV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk5-gCc_4s4

>BP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dpot_P7_LPU

>KJ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPeKwaPGfCg
>>
come on I can't be the only one on here who still listens to them.
>>
curious, how old are you OP?
>>
>>64368115
you are
>>
>>64368168
23 anon.
>>
>>64367368
I felt Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge was an really inconsisent album since I got the impression that the band didn't know how they want to sound like
>>
three cheers and black parade are god tier, danger days makes me want to claw my ears off
>>
>>64367368
I remember listening to 3 cheers and black parade in school and thinking "This is the coolest shit ever". And I still think so today,they were the only rock band i remember in the charts.
Plus their cover of astro zombies and desolation row are amazing
>>
>>64367368
Nah OP, I'm with you. I actually didn't like them in middle/highschool because I was just too self aware for that life but ever since hearing Danger Days (my favorite album of theirs) and Conventional Weapons I've really enjoyed their music.
>>
I still like them as well. The debut is my favourite
>>
>>64369365
>Conventional Weapons
Anon i actually never knew that album existed till u said it just now. I always thought MCR was never meant to be taken as serious as their audience originally did.
>>
I like a lot of their songs, but just recently started listening to them. I didn't think anyone on /mu/ would like them lol
>>
post cute pics of Gerard Way
>>
THX OP!!! SAME as most others, totally think Bullets, TCFSR, and black parade are 10/10

Never really bothered with killjoy
>>
>>64370351
Early sunsets, drowning lessons, demolition lovers pt 2, The End., thank you for the venom, hang em high, I never told you what I do for a living all god tier
>>
>>64370351
Drowning Lessons, Early Sunsets (my two absolute favorites btw!!), Demolition Lovers pt 2, Thank you for the venom, Hang em High, I never told you what I do for a living, The End. , House of Wolves, Mama - they're all top tier to me but most likely because I listened to them most of high school. I feel like most of /mu/ won't pay any mind listening to them for the first time right now
>>
>>64369785
Same here I figured /mu/ would hate MCR seeing as cool people do it.
>>
File: image.jpg (4 KB, 300x57) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4 KB, 300x57
>>64370340
so literally every picture of >15 gerard way?
>>
>>64370522
ye
>>
>>64370340
Whats G look like now?
>>
I'm serious when saying I think they were one of the most important bands of their generation. That's not to say anything about their quality; a band can be important without being a "good". But I think the way that they are still relevant to kids in middle and high school despite the fact that they pretty much ended 6 years ago (broke up 3 years ago, but hadn't released an album since 3 years prior to the break up) really says something about the legacy they built in a relatively short timespan. There's something in their music that has managed to resonate with young people no matter what generation they are part of. I tutor at a middle school and kids still have printouts of the Three Cheers album cover on their binders. Kids still wear their t-shirts. That's not something any of their contemporaries accomplished.

I think the theatrics were important to their success. It worked for Bowie, it worked for KISS, and it worked for My Chemical Romance. Only difference is nobody else in the mainstream was doing it too. Concept albums and elaborate music videos and costumes were not as commonplace in 2006 as they were in the 1970s. They found a way to combine confessional art, art that's usually expressed through in a more minimalist sense, in an extravagant way.

I think they really just had a perfect blend too. Different musicians from different backgrounds came together to make something unique. A guitar player who loved Black Flag, Bouncing Souls, and the Misfits to bring a punk energy to the band; a metalhead lead guitarist who loved Iron Maiden to give the band sweeping guitar solos and weight; a lyricist who loved the work of The Smiths and the art of David Bowie. It combined everything that appeals to young people so perfectly.
>>
>>64373772
damn, when i started reading this i was thinking i'm in a death grips thread
>>
>>64373772
Isn't it weird how My Chemical Romance is more relevant to kids now than Lady Gaga, this lady the media kept hyping up as the next Madonna?
>>
>>64367368
>implying there wasn't a single middle school/high school kid in 2006 that didn't listen to panic at the disco, my chemical romance and greenday

Are you not over your "nobody understands me" phase? What the fuck anon.
>>
>>64367368
I think Drowning Lessons is my absolutely favorite ugh so good!
>>
>>64367368
nah man their overall message is cool but i can't get behind how cheesy and formulaic most of their stuff is
>>
>>64373943
not to mention a bassist who fucked underage girls

i'm joking, they're a cute band
>>
>>64374328
they're for the most part the antithesis of the formlaic metalcore, actually they were always trying new stuff ,
>>
File: mikey2016.jpg (58 KB, 600x750) Image search: [Google]
mikey2016.jpg
58 KB, 600x750
>>64374365
This is him now. This is what success does to people. They turn scrawny virgin nerds with bad haircuts into chads who fuck underaged girls.
>>
>>64374489
He looks like a dip shit to begin with.
>>
File: mikeywayhighschool.jpg (46 KB, 383x450) Image search: [Google]
mikeywayhighschool.jpg
46 KB, 383x450
>>64374633
He looks like third columbine kid that never was
>>
>>64374802
pretty accurate description, I sat down and watched an interview of theirs when they were big. Gerard seems like an effeminate friend who you think is gay but is camp. Mikey I cant remember him at all, and the drummer guy with the hair was pretty cool. At one point or another the members seemed like the guys ud shove into lockers.
>>
>>64375197
I listened to their interview on the Kevin Smith podcast. Pretty accurate. Gerard was a chubby art kid who everybody thought was gay (he probably is at least a little gay). He switched schools for bullying, but immediately got bullied again because the first thing he did in his new school was play Peter Pan in the school play. Mikey was fat, but basically became anorexic and lost a ton of weight, but his whole school thought he was gay and got AIDs.
>>
>>64370340
his twitter is GOAT
>>
>>64367368
FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG!
>>
>>64374328
>formulaic
When I heard Three Cheers I got pleaasantly surprised with the diversity of the songwritting.
>>
>>64375334
Thats fantastic.
>>
The Black Parade is the only album that really caught on with me (way back when it came out, too, I think I was in 8th grade at the time), and I still put it on probably twice a year and have a great time. I never really liked their other stuff, but that album is pretty solid and I think isn't worthy of the kind of ridicule it usually gets.
>>
Why people is like feel ashame of listen this band?
>>
I don't much listen to them anymore. Once in a while I'll listen to the Black Parade. I'm also 23 though and they were solid pop rock when I was a teenager
>>
>>64375905
Because "omg dude lol so emo and alternative" kids in highschool loved them.
>>
>>64375905
Fan base became cancerous and toxic ruining it for everyone else. inadvertently shouldering the blame for the 00s emo explosion like the Germans did was Nazism.

Been looking at their store for some new shirts. Only things worth is the DD american flag shirt which is sold out or some crappy novelty hour glass, which is meant to be limited edition but is still in stock somehow. Fuck their shirts are bland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ojud7zKt5a8
>>
THINK HAPPY THOUGHTS
THINK HAPPY THOUGHTS
>>
i can't believe this thread isnt shit canned yet.
>>
>>64369111
If you think those two are god tier, you probably already did claw your ears off.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.