[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys What's going on Is this actually a thing Do people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 11
File: Capture.png (504 KB, 748x597) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
504 KB, 748x597
Guys
What's going on
Is this actually a thing
Do people seriously think that white people can't talk about something artistic
Guys

GUYS
>>
you're a fucking white male
>>
FUCKING

W H I T E
H
I
T
E

M A L E
A
L
E

PLS GO
>>
I don't understand you northamericans
You're all so weird
>>
>>64352087
YOU'RE FUCKING A WHITE MALE
>>
i don't completely agree but the way you guys are getting so worked up about being "excluded" is hilarious
>>
>>64352321
Explain why white people are not allowed to talk about art.
>>
Colbert needs to fire his idiot internetpandering writers.
Oh wait, the internet is probably the only following he still has left.
>>
>>64352533
since the beginning that's who he has been pandering to
but they're making a blunder here, in the past they were appealing to gamers and other losers with the Zelda Symphony and Babymetal. but this is completely counter to the demo they were shooting for

they're old and out of touch though, so why would they understand?
>>
>>64352087
all media content is meaningless
>>
File: cultural.png (124 KB, 191x273) Image search: [Google]
cultural.png
124 KB, 191x273
>>
I honestly don't care if people don't want to hear my opinion on the album

All the fucking hullabaloo about the whole thing is annoying as hell, though
>>
>>64352590
>All the fucking hullabaloo about the whole thing is annoying as hell, though
Everything is going according to plan
>>
File: 1461548985476.png (697 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1461548985476.png
697 KB, 900x900
Wait, so

Beyonce drops an album and visuals to go along with it

and some people are saying that you cannot even critique her stuff if you are not Black and Female?

what
>>
>>64352586
i want to poz marty's hole so bad
>>
>>64352271
yeah the fuck is going on over there lmao
>>
>>64352669
just accept it's completely meaningless and move on. It's funny how Americans manage to turn everything into a way to sell products. Even racial tension and the impending collapse of their whole society.
>>
>>64352271
USA in 2016 is like the lamest imaginable cyberpunk dystopia
>>
>>64352087
This all seems like a coordinated and very cynical "viral marketing" ploy by the label, to be honest.

First of all, they know that most (straight) white guys have never given half of a fuck about "Beyonce" or Destiny's Child or whatever else.

So why not get them all animated and riled up by telling them they CAN'T listen to it?

It's fairly blunt reverse-psychology, but the bait seems to be working.
>>
>>64352586
cute
>>64352707
no bully marty, only gently fuck
>>
>>64352780
kek
>>
>>64352780
fuuuck that's true isn't it

i really hope canadian universities aren't as cucked as some i've seen in USA
what am i saying, of course they are.
>>
>>64352271
hey we're not like this...

...yet
>>
what the fuck happened to colbert, i liked him
>>
>>64352824
M8 they're cucked even worse what are you talking about
You have JUSTin Trudeau for a PM of course the Universities are cuckolded
>>
>>64352978
he got REALLY mainstream, which meant he had to start appealing to an even wider demographic than the largely political one he used to have.
>>
>>64353081
i really don't know what's worse, having a cucked professor, or having a good professor who gets screamed at by retards for the whole lesson.
>>
>>64352824
UBC is pretty cucked
>>
>>64352087

For fuck's sake, has there ever been a more manufactured "controversy"? All of this feels like it came pre-packaged and ready to go across multiple mediums.
>>
>>64353277
i'd expect that, i hate vancouver.
my friend goes to U of T and i've yet to hear complaints from him, probably because he's in forensic science and not some special snowflake major like gender studies or creative writing
>>
>>64353304
that would make so much sense
the album is not NEARLY good enough to cause this much controversy on it's own merits
>>
>>64353342
Isn't that where Big Red goes to school/operates?
>>
>>64352824
canada is waaaay worse with sjw shit than america. look at your fucking PM dude
>>
>>64352566
>but they're making a blunder here, in the past they were appealing to gamers and other losers with the Zelda Symphony and Babymetal

fucking *lol*

(although yeah fuck colbert)
>>
>>64352780
holy shit haha this is actually dead on
>>
>>64353304
>>64353378
>>64352087
>>64352271
Pay to play is still very much in effect. There's a lot of money behind this album.
>>
File: TRYING TO SELL ME SOMETHING.png (295 KB, 500x388) Image search: [Google]
TRYING TO SELL ME SOMETHING.png
295 KB, 500x388
Feels like they are relying on controversy to make sure this piece of garbage sells even more.
>>
>>64353378

I mean who exactly are these fucking white males drawing the attention of p4k, rolling stone, the late show? Random people from twitter? Spastics from /pol/?
>>
>>64353177
Dude I just graduated like two years ago and I've never had this happen, but I also have zero hesitation to believe it does now based on the younger idiots starting to pop up when I was in my last year

like, do these people get kicked out or anything or what the fuck, how can you just start yelling at a professor during a class and not get a bunch of shit for it
>>
>>64353399
pretty sure she was at u of t, yeah
but at the same time my friend said one of the TAs or someone similar (who happened to be a chinese woman and had a noticeable accent) was talking in front of a lecture hall and someone yelled "speak english" and no one gave them any shit for it, even though that's a dick move even by my standards

trying to find a university with no SJWs is literally impossible, the best course of action is to take is to strategically take courses that they wouldn't want to be in.
>>
>>64353438
not everyone who voted for JUSTin is an SJW, he fooled a lot of people with the DUDE WEED angle he was working, and the fact that even conservatives thought Stephen Harper was a scumbag.
there were a lot of factors that contributed to his being elected, please don't just assume that because our PM is a cuck that we are the sweden of north america
>>
How can anyone intellectual be seriously okay with this
>>
>>64353610
i saw a clip of it in a sargon of akkad video (insert joke about that) and i had to stop watching, it's infuriating to see someone so entitled yelling about how privileged other people are.
the lack of respect is just appalling

>>64354012
no intellectuals are ok with it.
it doesn't take an intellectual to see that it's bullshit
>>
>>64352978
Stephen Colbert was always a closet Marxist puppet. He's just now mainstream so he can promote his destructive agenda.
>>
File: 1413928154492.jpg (39 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1413928154492.jpg
39 KB, 400x400
>>64353967

>please don't just assume that because our PM is a cuck that we are the sweden of north america

Canada I hate to break this to you but...
>>
>>64354141
fine, i accept that of all the countries of north america we are the closest to sweden, i meant don't assume we're on the level of sweden
(JUSTin would love to make it that way but the population ain't having that shit)
>>
>>64354096
he's far from marxist. Like most media professionals, he pushes the same identity politics neoliberalism

>>64354074
*tibbs phaedra*
>>
>>64353967
>he fooled a lot of people with the DUDE WEED angle he was working
I kind of figured this was the case.
>>
I think this is either a joke or his writing team's doing
he seems pretty reasonable from what I've seen
>>
>>64354254
>*tibbs phaedra*
:DDDDDDD
i don't watch him to drone his opinions, i watch to get a perspective on shit, and the fact that he displays the sources of what he's saying is mainly why i watch his shit
watching the videos of someone you agree with 100% is pointless.

amazing atheist is a fucking loser, just putting that out there.
>>
>>64354268
it fooled me

hey at least we're finally getting our legal weed (a year from now)
>>
>>64354392
>amazing atheist is a fucking loser, just putting that out there.
all professional ranters and internet opinion havers tend to be fucking loosers
>>
File: 1461549655763.jpg (93 KB, 694x720) Image search: [Google]
1461549655763.jpg
93 KB, 694x720
>>64352780
I mean, it's so bizarre. Like how the fuck do you come with all this non existent problems. I live in the huge fucking shithole that is Venezuela. You have this 5 hour long lines to buy food. Or you can buy it for a huge overprice. Yet the only thing you are expecting is to get mugged, kidnapped or shot. And the only escape from reality is shitposting in a Malvidian Hula hoop imageboard, Anime and music. Yet you fags are all fighting about how the Oscars don't have enough black people as if it was the next Holocaust
>>
File: image.png (7 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
image.png
7 KB, 300x250
>>64352214
>>64352309
>>64354096
>>64352259
le upboate
>>
i'm a beaner, am i allowed to rate that album?
>>
>>64354548
huh?
>>
>>64354508
I'm starting to believe most of it is just elaborate PR stunts. The media manufactures contorversies to keep itself relevant. Since Hollywood and the music industry can't aim for art or produce anything that actually relates to people, they rely on vague political posturing to create a connection between consumers and their shitty products.
>>
>>64353967
Justin Trudeau's image is manufactured bullshit. dude blatantly panders to reddit/mainstream culture and they eat it up. Meanwhile, he closes another arms deal with Saudi Arabia and meets with Ukranian neo-nazis
>>
>>64354612
Yeah. All brown people are allowed to rate it.
>>64355672
> Meanwhile, he closes another arms deal with Saudi Arabia and meets with Ukranian neo-nazis
[Citation needed]
>>
>>64355672

>Justin Trudeau's image is manufactured bullshit.

Welcome to the body politic.

>>64355724

>[Citation needed]

Are you seriously this naive? Do you really think that statecraft can ever exist in a huge first-world nation without any nefarious activity whatsoever? There mere fact that there are first and third world nations proves that this is necessarily the case.
>>
>>64355856
>Are you seriously this naive? Do you really think that statecraft can ever exist in a huge first-world nation without any nefarious activity whatsoever? There mere fact that there are first and third world nations proves that this is necessarily the case.
this is not a citation
>>
>>64355982
Here's Trudeau posing with Andriy Parubiy, founder of the Social-National Party of Ukraine and paramilitary leader. He has since become Ukraine's prime minister.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/liberals-saudi-arms-deal-amnesty-report-1.3535760

>"Fundamentally, this issue is a matter of principle," said Prime Minister Justin Trudeau from London, Ont., steps away from the company supplying the LAVs to Saudi Arabia.

>"The principle at play here is that Canada's word needs to mean something in the international community."
sounds legit.
>>
>>64352087
sauce?
>>
>>64355982

>this is not a citation

Do you think that every act of subterfuge by heads of state are able to be cited?

Stop posting; you're a dunce.
>>
>>64355672
>meets with Ukranian neo-nazis

ridf pls
>>
>>64353110
He was always center left
>>
White men are finally getting what they deserve after centuries of oppressing every one else

It could be much worse
>>
>>64354612
no if you're not black lmao lmao h u s h
>>
File: tinfoil-hat.jpg (33 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
tinfoil-hat.jpg
33 KB, 400x300
>>64356273
>Do you think that every act of subterfuge by heads of state are able to be cited?
wait up dude! you dropped your hat.
>>64356227
>>64356257
thank you for not being a retard
>>
>>64356522
i never said he wasnt.
but embracing something like mansplaining is not a centre left thing to do, its an idiotically far left thing to do, which he never would have done on the colbert report.
>>
>>64352978
the culture just got stupider
>>
>>64356766
it's more of a liberal rather than a far left concept. Things like diversity training are widespread in the military and the corporate world. So you know it doesn't seriously threaten those in power
>>
>>64352087
holy shit that's embarrassing
>>
>>64356685

>wait up dude! you dropped your hat.

Haha. Am I dealing with a younger poster here? Is that it? It's a very basic axiom that statecraft cannot exist without subterfuge.

Every first world nation exploits every third world nation. All of them. Even Canada and by extension then whoever the Canadian Prime Minister is at the time, regardless of the cult of personality that surrounds them.

You are profoundly naive if you refuse to accept - least of all to even see - bedrock necessitates like these.
>>
>>64357100
it is not this specific issue that i'm denying exists, it's your insistence on things existing and throwing insults like a child when asked for you to back up your shit.
it's clear signs of an autistic manchild fa m, all tinfoil hat jokes aside, you needa work on your people skills
>>
>>64357054
Please explain exactly what is "embarrassing" about white men owning up to the fact that they're completely out of tune with the rest of society?
>>
>>64357100
wait up, unty is this you?
>>
>>64357100
aight i'll fully surrender this argument
cuz i really gotta jack off and i can't do so with unresolved internet arguments because of my own retarded reasons.
so you do you, i'll do me
>>
>>64352087
We're living in the strangest cyberpunk future
>>
>>64357644

>i can't do so with unresolved internet arguments because of my own retarded reasons

Those "reasons" being -
>clear signs of an autistic manchild fa m
>>
>>64352356
go ahead
>>
>>64352356
Whoever is stopping white people from talking about Lemonade sure did a fucking awful job considering plenty of white people have been talking about since its release. Besides, the people on twitter who were posted yesterday never actually said white people can't "talk about art."
>>
>>64354508
>Malvidian Hula hoop imageboard
nice
>>
>>64354662
Holy shit, that's gotta be it. I go to a pretty liberal big university and I've never once seen the behavior described by media, every far left person I've met has been perfectly agreeable and willing to converse pretty openly
>>
>>64354254
Neoliberalism has nothing to do with this you dense shit unless you're describing Reagan or Thatcher.
Jesus Christ this website attracts the densest cunts next to tumblr.
>>
Clickbait tabloids like Huffpo and Breitbart are good at distorting reality and making leftists believe that the trump is the KKK and making right wingers believe that there's a Marxist conspiracy in the works at all time.
Both seem to be making money so I guess we're the real losers.
>>
>>64358731
Meant to reply to>>64358561
>>
where's unty? he's the only one here that can review this album
>>
>>64354508
Once you have nothing left to improve in society, your subconsious desire to improve your living-situation make you turn every little stone or make up ghosts to chase. From this stems racism, feminazis and marxism.
>>
>>64352586
why didu post this
>>
>>64358445
you're really grasping at straws there fa m
>>
>>64352735
>the impending collapse of their whole society.

lel
>>
PITCHFORK HAD A WHITE PERSON REVIEW THE ALBUM

ARE YOU LITERALLY KIDDING ME
>>
>>64353967
>he fooled a lot of people with the DUDE WEED angle
this is the funniest shit ever to me
>promise DUDE LEGALIZE IT LMAO
>don't legalize it
you guys aren't as bad as sweden yet but you're the closest thing to sweden in north america
>>
>>64358787
unty isn't a black woman, he's just a black man. and we have at least 3 other black trips, although unty is the only one of them that doesn't suck.
>>
File: image.png (264 KB, 540x429) Image search: [Google]
image.png
264 KB, 540x429
>America is following Sweden and Germany's lead and there is nothing to be done about it
When will this nightmare end?
>>
File: 1457750519157.png (253 KB, 548x356) Image search: [Google]
1457750519157.png
253 KB, 548x356
>>64361123
it's not over yet. there's still one man who can save us.
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.