[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
He's the greatest rapper in the game right now. Try to convince
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 8
File: kennylamlam.jpg (26 KB, 300x298) Image search: [Google]
kennylamlam.jpg
26 KB, 300x298
He's the greatest rapper in the game right now. Try to convince me otherwise.
>>
>>64341424
i won't because he actually is
>>
his verse on the new beyonce album
>>
im gonna cut off his fucking legs
>>
he is though op
>>
>>64341424
a b+ rapper in a c- era
>>
>>64341443
He said ''try to convince me otherwise'', dipshit.
>>
He's fine but you should consider the fact that if an artist is widely accepted by the masses they might have an element of shallowness. He might touch on subjects that are above average compared to the rest of the game, but this is not saying much. Anyone can talk about serious matters but this does not make them a serious intellectuall, mentioning race and politics shouldnt grant you bonus points because they are considered deep. There is also the fact that hip hop has set such low standards for itself on an intellectual level, to where almost any artist that mentions these topics in a shallow way is somehow up there with the greats. Kendrick is a good rapper, he has talent. But he's no philosofical genius.
>>
he's a boring rapper and he makes awful music
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 500x389) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 500x389
>>
He is and is arguably better than most if not all GOATs while they were peaking.
>>
>>64341424
Earl exists
>>
Kendrick is a walking meme
>>
>>64342008
nope, keep baiting white boi
>>
>>64341424
q-tip is alive
>>
>>64343476
he'll be alright
>>
>>64343506
Dont you fucking start mang
>>
>>64341424
denzel curry is still alive
>>
Kenrick fucking sucks lmao

r/music tier
>>
>>64343600
>denzel curry
>good

pick one lad
>>
>>64341948
>strollin' thru the beach, wit my bitch on da leash
>we dem boys, we dem boys, we fuckin bringin' dis noise
>cocaine is our motherfucking game, son
>we crashin' harder than fuckin' brian wilson

not anytime soon, by a long shot.
>>
probably so, but hes too super serious black man for me sometimes. i like my rap to be playful and fun like kanye or migos xD
>>
>>64341721
>le wrong generation meme
>>
>>64341773
kanye actually mentions how the prison industrial complex is a cancer of society. kendrick black man its hard being black!
>>
this guy is still alive tho

>inb4 "le field of dicks"
>implying "boo boo" wasn't worse
>>
File: tell me more.jpg (31 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
tell me more.jpg
31 KB, 400x300
i like milo better
>>
>>64344262
>that filename
this is bait.jpg
>>
>>64344232
Le field of dicks
>>
>>64341424

rap is crap
>>
>>64344567
>implying "boo boo" wasn't worse
>>
>>64341424
Negro, please.
Real rap coming through:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CqXgs-7ico
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLc2snB_0lE
>>
>>64343814
>le right generation meme
>>
>>64343476
Q-tip hasn't done shit worth mentioning in years
>>
>>64341424

why is kendrick's hand so tiny???
>>
Stormzy.
>>
When did all these Kendrick dick riders come to /mu/

/mu/ has always been shit but it's basically reddit at this point
>>
>>64341424
joey bada$$
>>
>>64341872

Not even memeing, GKMC is getting tired, and TPAB was never actually that good.

Just because Kendrick releases an album, doesn't make it good.
>>
>>64342096

You should consider killing yourself for the proliferation of our species.
>>
>>64341424

i thought all you hip hop guys thought kanye was GOAT
>>
>>64345986
Yeezus is way better than anything Kendrick has ever made
>>
But that ain't yeezus
>>
>>64345998
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAHAHAH
>>
>>64344262
this honestly
>>
>>64344262
tell me more
>>
>who is macklemore
>who is hopsin
>>
>>64347095
>macklemore

Kill yourself or at least listen to some better rappers
>>
>>64343600
>denzel curry
he's alright
>>
>>64341424
It's more important to be a good producer in that genre anyway.
>>
>>64345944
>TPAB was never actually that good.
conceptually, its fantastic. Lyrically, its not on par with gkmc but musically its a step forward
>>
>>64341948
HE'S
>>
>>64343476
OP here, Q-Tip is my favorite hip-hop artist of all time, but he's not really "in the game right now"
>>
>>64347364
>not meme arrowing hopsin as well
:--o
>>
File: brazzers.png (748 KB, 595x634) Image search: [Google]
brazzers.png
748 KB, 595x634
writes about the same exact stuff and delivers in an equal/higher quality but gets shelved because of his voice
>>
vince staples is the better "le sober gangsta rapper"
>>
>>64344961
REAL HIP HOP DONT YOU EVER FORGET IT
>>
>>64345791
>Implying a grime artist will ever be better than a hip hop artist
>>
>>64341424
Lil Ugly Mane at his height is twice the rapper Kendrick is
>>
>>64343600
Denzel curry is definitely fucking talented I can't deny, but Kendrick is more of a refined, fleshed out artist. Denzel is in his early days but hey maybe in the near future I can easily see him catching up

MF DOOM is a strong, strong contender
>>
File: artsfon.com-78257.jpg (581 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
artsfon.com-78257.jpg
581 KB, 1920x1200
>>64341424
Earl Sweatshirt hasn't killed himself
>>
>>64341424
drake has the potential to be better, but we'll have to wait a few more days to see if he delivers.
>>
>>64344232
the field of dicks thing was actually pretty funny, but he's still not better than kendrick
(not even a kendrick fanboy btw)
he is a pretty talented producer tho
>>64344262
the production on STFDC was pretty sick but his whole persona is so much worse than kendrick's and his lyrics/flow aren't anywhere near as good
>>64348295
no he hasn't yet, but he's so different from kendrick in style that it's hard to compare the two
although earl is probably is better flow-wise.
>>
File: VIEWS.png (2 MB, 1440x1392) Image search: [Google]
VIEWS.png
2 MB, 1440x1392
>>
>>64344262
tell me more
>>
>>64344262
i am fucking offended
>>
File: Moonman_in_front_of_Mcdonald's.png (356 KB, 597x459) Image search: [Google]
Moonman_in_front_of_Mcdonald's.png
356 KB, 597x459
>>64341424
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WfZ7AQOA8c
This is the best kendrick has done.
>>
>>64348342
If Drake had the potential to release something better than GKMC or TPAB he would have done it by now i feel like. He is on his 6th solo project since being signed. Also I am also not even sure if he has released anything better than Section.80
>>
>>64349596
i have high hopes for VFT6 desu
>>
>>64341424
Its the popular opinion so no one in /mu/ will agree with you, but its completely true
>>
>>64349727
I think there is greater pressure for him to drop a potential classic on this album than any other he has had. With the whole ghostwriting thing and also his last couple records he's been dropping haven't been that good. I'm still going to listen to VFT6 but I worry for Drake's legacy.
>>
>>64348634
you mean Quentin Miller? or the other dudes writing for him?
>>
>>64343839
>baiting this hard
>>64349293
lmao
>>
>>64349869
>his last couple records he's been dropping haven't been that good
IYRTITL's high points are easily the best moments of his career
NWTS was pretty garbo, i'll give you that
while i agree that the expectations are higher than ever before for him, i doubt the ghostwriting thing is even an issue, since no one really cared when meek (R.I.P.) "exposed" him

in any case i'm definitely going to give VFT6 a listen when it comes out
If it's at all like IYRTITL i'll probably love it, because Toronto bias
>>
Dead End Hip Hop criticized Billboard for listing Kendrick as one of the greatest cause he's only released three albums at this point in time...but Biggie technically only had one out before the time of his death.
>>
>>64350706
I meant the past couple songs he's put out. I did like IYRTITL. And with the Ghostwriting thing I think he is really gonna have to step up the bars on the new album
>>
>>64350751
Biggie only had one out before he died but the thing was that that was 20 years ago so we have had time to see that Ready to Die is a true classic.
>>
the only person that comes close is lil b
>>
>>64350801
Oh, no I get that and I do actually agree it's waaaay to earlier to know if kendrick's a goat. Just saying the reasoning they gave is pretty damn faulty.
>>
>>64341424
he's corny af and just makes pseudointellectual shit about how black people are oppressed. Literally everything is about race. Reviewers have to say they like him because otherwise they're racist, white people have to like him or else they're racist, and black people like him because they like hearing about how much harder it is to be black and how their culture is superior.
>>
>>64351036
Have you heard GKMC? Or just TPAB?
>>
>>64351441
I like GKMC very much perhaps I was a little too harsh on the criticism but I really hate TPAB and the redditors that circlejerk about it. GKMC was a little melancholy for me but its perfect if you're in that kind of mood
>>
>>64351581
I agree with you, the messages in TPAB are so overdone and the album sounds really mediocre musically. It's a shame because Section 80 and GKMC were amazing, too bad his overrated nigger album is going to be remembered as his magnum opus
>>
>>64351883
I agree that the message part of TPAB is a bit overdone but I disagree with you saying it is musically mediocre. I think musically it is his best album by far and that I applaud him for going in a different direction with the album than going for a poppy sound that may have sold more and got more radio play but instead did what he wanted to do.
>>
>>64351883
>TPAB sounds really mediocre musically

The whole comment chain is cancerous but this is a music forum...? KTT has it's moments but I've never seen it dip /this/ low.
>>
>>64349383
this
>>
>>64341773
Shut the fuck up. TPAB is one of the most multifaceted and densest concept albums not just in hip-hop, but in popular music as a whole.

Nobody is going to take you seriously when you talk about "intellectuall" matters when you can't even spell philosophical right.
>>
>>64352037
Besides a few standout tracks it's just a bunch of jazzy sounds shittily thrown together over some bars, if you really think out sounds that good then you may need to clean out your ears
>>
>>64351976
Also poppy =/= bad. Half of GKMC sounded poppy as fuck but it was still great. GKMC's greatest achievement was that it sounded awesome musically with great lyrics and themes
>>
>>64352140
>bunch of jazzy sounds
apparently working with Thundercat, Terrace Martin, George Clinton, Kamasi Washington, and Ronald Isley makes it just a bunch of Jazzy Sounds
>>
Does anyone remember asap Rocky? hahah that dude was losing relevance so bad he started hanging out with tyler the creator
>>
>>64352171
Oh, there's nothing wrong with a poppy album. You can make a pop album very good I just think that it worked better for him to go for a different sound than what everyone else is doing
>>
>>64351976
it's hilarious when /mu/ always complains about the message of TPAB but never elaborates what it is besides "muh blackness"/"muh kill whitey"
>>
>>64352218
>He worked with good musicians, which makes the album good
Incredible argument friend
>>
>>64352233
He's hung out with Tyler for years now and his last album sold 115k first week. I don't think he has to worry about losing relevance.
>>
>>64352282
Well what makes good musicians good is that they create good music so...
>>
>>64352343
>Just because a musician is good, literally everything they put out is good too
And you're calling me cancerous? Please tell me this is b8
>>
>>64341424

2 Chainz tho.
>>
>>64352438
That one was bait
>>
>>64352438
but you do have to remember that it isn't an album meant to show off a jazz instrumentalists technical proficiency at their instrument, it's a rap album and I still think that Kendrick does a good job rapping on it.
Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.