[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which one do you like better?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
Which one do you like better?
>>
This is Happening is my favorite. Sound of Silver has the best songs but also some bad ones (Watch the Tapes, Sound of Silver).. meanwhile This is Happening is the most consistent overall. Pow Pow is fucking god-tier if you get what he's talking about. And the reprisal of the vocals on Dance Yrself Clean on Home is fucking beautiful.
>>
Sound of Silver. the first album is fucking atrocious and This is Happening has 3 songs that are worth something
>>
>>64335668
Also s/t is too long and most of the second disc is meh.

For me they're 3.5, 4, 4.5
>>
>>64335675
every song besides drunk girls and one touch is 7 not 3
>>
I hate all of them
>>
>>64335617
I've never really gotten into LCD sound system, the singles I've looked up on youtube for a taste have been sort of popish and average sounding. They're playing at my local festival this summer so I'd like to find out what the fuss is about. Where do I start? What am I missing?
>>
test
>>
>>64335720
your still banned
>>
>>64335702
fuuuuck im jealous as hell.

They're a cheesy band and they know it, their music is completely self-aware. It's a lot of fun and often very poignant and emotional. "Love is a verse/ shoved in a hearse/ Love is an open book to a verse of your bad poetry/ and this is coming from me" from I Can Change

Listen to All My Friends
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRBdav5qFag

and Dance Yrself Clean
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoA0cTC228M

Losing My Edge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUjDMdSwefk

and You Wanted a Hit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3G6L8doFcw
>>
>>64335702
with the first track of sound of silver? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve9Y-dl40sQ

make sure you're feeling good and want to move your feet a little bit. Probably not missing too much but they're fun party songs that build themselves up and are influenced by a lot more than the average.
>>
>>64335668
>And it goes pow, pow, pow, pow, pow, pow, pow, pow, pow
>It goes pow, pow, pow, pow, pow, pow, pow, pow, pow
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>64335743
>influenced
https://rateyourmusic.com/list/Fotzepolitic/every_band_mentioned_on_losing_my_edge_by_lcd_soundsystem/
>>
>>64335757
idk wtf he means by "Pow Pow" but if you listen to the rest of the song it's really clever. It's about being on the inside of the music industry and looking out whereas before he was on the outside looking in.

>From this position
>I can say "serious" or "cop-out" or "hard to define"
>From this position, from this position
>It's kind of like eating myself to death

>From this perspective, from this position
>I have a good grip on both of them
>Because I have stayed home and have learned a little more about my neighbourhood, which is important
>You know, there's a lot of good places to eat
>>
>>64335761
I've never actually listened to the song properly (because it's on the way too long debut) but that explains why some are saying Murphy only made LCD Soundsystem to show off his taste in interviews a la 'oh this song is influenced by ...'
>>
>>64335795
why not just become a tripfag on /mu/ like the rest of us
>>
>>64335617
are the london sessions really comparable with the studio albums?
>>
>>64335806
no it's just a live performance (well, in a studio but one take) of some of their most well-known songs. Basically a live album but not 4 hours long like their other live album
>>
>>64335805
why would I, I like the anonymousity about 4chan that everyone's got the same voice, no prestige attached.
>>
>>64335795
the debut is a decent listen desu, it's worth listening to. quite a bit of filler but there's some great tracks
>>
>>64335831
yeah that's why people hate tripfags lol.

i feel like murphy is honestly a lot like a lot of people here, just more musically talented and slightly less autistic.
>>
>>64335806
I prefer a lot of the London versions. It also makes for a perfect square of four albums.
>>
>>64335788
sounds like slam poetry
not my thing
>>
>>64335805
oh now I get it, you were referring to Murphy not me. Heh, good one.
>>
>>64335900
fair enough, i like it but i can see why one wouldn't. it took me a while to warm up to it also but now it's one of my favorite songs by them. i wouldnt say it's representative of the rest of lcd's stuff so don't write it all off based on that one song.
>>
Sound of Silver has their best songs, the most unifying aesthetic, and is their most emotional (and not to the point where it comes off as cheesy or anything), so that. And the title track isn't bad, fuck off.

The first album is pretty mediocre but it still has some of their best songs. Daft Punk, Losing My Edge, Yeah, alongside some pretty solid songs like Beat Connection and Too Much Love. Problem is these songs are spread over 140 minutes. The rest of the album is spent exploring styles, and most of them don't stick. It's much more of a collection of songs from their early period than an album when you consider the stylistic variety and the lack of any theme emotionally or otherwise.
It's true that This Is Happening is really consistent like others have said, but half the songs on Sound of Silver are better than anything on This Is Happening minus Dance Yrself Clean.

I don't know why would use that live in studio thing over 45:33. 45:33 is actually noteworthy in their discog and really good.

Sound of Silver > 45:33 >= This Is Happening > S/T
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.