[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think this guy is boring
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 236x356) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 236x356
I think this guy is boring
>>
File: UWoEMeN2_400x400.jpg (77 KB, 596x591) Image search: [Google]
UWoEMeN2_400x400.jpg
77 KB, 596x591
>its a kanye thread
>>
show some respect he just died
>>
>>64331633
Not even that much of a Kanye guy

I just don't understand the love for tupac

He just seems slow and generic
>>
Are you trying to be controversial or something?
Many people share that sentiment.
He is very boring, his death is the only reason people still care. Tell me something I don't know.
>>
>>64331657
i dont really like tupac either

he was basically manufactured by the industry

slow and generic like you said
>>
I really like him. I enjoy his voice, flow and Me Against The World is a damn emotional record. That being said, you don't have to like anything.
>>
He kind of released 3 *very* good albums. At least 1 is considered at classic.

His death made him more popular than his actual career would have taken him.

That being said, he's an essential figure in Hip-Hop. A big drop in lyrical quality in hiphop post B.I.G. / Pac deaths.
>>
Tupac and Biggie are the 2 most overrated rappers imo. Even more than Kanye sadly. I can at least enjoy a kanye song or 2, but Tupac and Biggie are so boring and they both have horrible voices that are not meant for rapping
>>
>>64331894
>A big drop in lyrical quality in hiphop post B.I.G. / Pac

People always forget this

Hip hop got pretty awful for a while after their deaths. There wasn't really a standard for lyrics or technique for quite a few years.

Whether you the guy or not his role in the genre was vital.
>>
I think this guy is boring:
>>64331604
>>
>>64331604
Is that viper
>>
>>64331894
>>64331925
i agree with this desu
>>
so does everyone who knows even the least bit about hip hop
>>
>>64331894
>>64331925
>>64331938
1996 - 2pac dies (r.i.p.)
1997 - Wu-Tang Forever
1998 - Aquemini

both lyrically solid albums
>>
>>64331604
MATW is the only album worth listening to tbqh. All Eyez on Me is just too fucking long
>>
>>64333878
i was meaning more the modern state of hiphop

i will check aquemini out because i never heard of that

i know wu-tang is good
>>
>>64333878
especially aquemini

also honestly i don't get california love at all and the music video is very not cool
>>
honestly hiphop has been going up and down quality wise but like it definetely didn't peak during the 90's
>>
>>64331922
low quality bait
>>
>>64334683
opinions are bait
>>
>>64331683
>He is very boring, his death is the only reason people still care.
no other rapper has better social commentary or charisma than pac, everything concious in kendricks music is literally pac's stance repeated again
>>
>>64333944
machaveli encapsulates everything about pac
>>
>>64334006
Ringtone rap is probably the worst Hip Hop era though
>>64331922
>Biggie boring
You made me bite your bait
>>
>>64331657
>>64331684
Most 90's rap is shit.
Boring boom bap beats a 3 year old could make.
Simple surface level lyrics.
And every rapper sounded the same, there was no stylization.
>>
>>64335172
ya like i said its been going up and down ringtone rap obv being the low point but other than that that genre has been gowing upwards overall

>>64335109
but kendrick's music sounds way better in all kinds of ways
>>
>>64333971

>i will check aquemini out because i never heard of that

did you just start listening to hip hop a week ago?
>>
>>64331894
this hole post is reddit wow
>>
>>64335189
The beats are gay now.
>>
>>64335189
yeah but to me at the time that was the type of funk and groove that people connected with. I think anything faster would have sounded like some whack ass techno shit.

Idk, it really depends cause you then had niggas like twista and bone thugs who probably went through like 20 syllables per 5 seconds. I sort of would attribute that whole "boom bap" style to the emphasis of grit and whole darkness of the lyrics and vibe from 90's hip hop, for example Mob Deep and tracks like C.R.E.A.M would have sounded less dramatic and weak if they rapped any faster or to a faster higher pitched beat.

>Simple surface lyrics
Addmittedly even some of the greats were guilty of this at times like method man but I mean hey... it is what it is..

>>64335109
True about the whole social commentary thing, I never really invested time into pac, admittedly a factor was his gay fanbase. But I must disagree with you on the whole kendric biting pac's stance opinion. I mean numerous times I feel as though pac blames the government and some secret powers at play that contributed to the downfall of the people of the ghetto in the states, but to me Kendrick seems a little smarter by mentioning that blacks are at fault for being hypocritical about race war issues but fail to mention the alarming number of blacks killed by other blacks through gang violence. Same TYPE of message I'd agree, but I think completely different in those regards.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.