[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you heard it yet? What did you think?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 500x500
Have you heard it yet? What did you think?
>>
so far away from innerspeaker it hurts sometimes, but that being said it's above-average at best.
>>
>>64325070
why does it have to be like innerspeaker? if Kevin didn't progress and try different things you would complain he's doing the same thing again. that being said Lonerism is the perfect blend of currents and innerspeaker
>>
Bretty gud, gets better with every listen. Thought it sounded to Beatlesesque for a bit, but not anymore.

A lot better than Currents, haven't listened to Innerspeaker
>>
>>64325211
it's not that i'm mad kevin progressed and changed his sound, i'm mad because he does it very half-assed
>>
>>64325314
how is it half assed?
>>
>>64325048
Their best album. Kevin found his voice and didn't sound like a Lennon carbon copy. They had a lot rock elements and the psychedelic kick. It was a little more poppy but it was the nice middle ground between Innerspeaker and Currents.
>>
>>64325048
Sounds like yet another band that thinks that a simple beat buried under some effect magically stops being simple.
>>
>>64325878
Hello tinymusictapes
>>
I prefered the sound of Innerspeaker, but Lonerism is still a good album. I like it a hell of a lot more than I did my first listen through

Tame Impala will always suffer from being too Beatles-esque though
>>
>>64327460
the beatles just copied everyone else at the time too, so i honestly cannot help loving tame impala and kevin parker for sounding the beatles, because they are so unique

why do you prefer the 60s sound of innerspeaker to the more 70s prog pop sound of lonerism?
>>
>>64327460
Currents doesn't sound like the Beatles
>>
>>64327577
currents sounds more like 90s r&b

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFjJ9bEFmBg
^^^this sounds like the beginning of this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QafW3rvp2xE
>>
>>64327538
Why? I just really like fuzzed out, distorted guitar sounds. It's just a preference
>>
>>64327688
theres fuzzed out and distorted guitars on lonerism too
>>
>>64327727
You can't deny they have a bigger focus on Innerspeaker
>>
>>64327821
But higher peaks on Lonerism
>>
>>64327821
well thats why i like lonerism because they dont take the central focus, yet at the same time they are just as important and used in more interesting ways than just trying to sound like 60s/70s hard rock bands
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRpwO5yAvKg
>>
I always felt a soulless vibe coming from Tame Impala. They don't captivate me into their music like other psych bands. They just sound very sub par to me, while also playing it safe.
>>
>>64327884
What other psych bands are you talking about? What do you mean by playing it safe exactly? They are a pop band, i dont know how experimental you are expecting them to be
>>
>>64327882
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRpwO5yAvKg
the opening of that song, the first 20 seconds of synths, remind me of boards of canada a lot

anyone else?
>>
>>64327935
I'm also curious. I like psychedelic music quite a bit and I'm looking to branch out.
>>
>>64328227
What kind of psych bands do you listen to?
>>
>>64327935
>>64328227
off the top of my head, Kaleidoscope, 13th floor elevators, Bardo Pond, Aphrodite's Child, Incredible String Band, Red Krayola.

when you have amazing bands like these, its no reason as to why i find tame impala boring
>>
>>64328316
all of those bands you listed are fossils, we've all heard them a billion times over, except maybe bardo pond but they peaked already

tame impala is more fresh and interesting and sonically sounds more like an LSD trip in my opinion than that old shit
>>
>>64328286
I like early Pink Floyd and Blue Oyster Cult as well as Black Moth Super Rainbow. Entry level, mostly. Jimi Hendrix, Blue Cheer, John Frusciante, The Doors, Frank Zappa and then miscellaneous raga rock and Hindustani classical songs.
>>
lonerism is actually a good album despite everything else tame impala having done outside of like, two or three songs on currents being uninspired bullshit.

currents is a 3 out of 10.
>>
>>64328409
tame impala is basically all of those bands rolled into one
>>
File: 547457.jpg (85 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
547457.jpg
85 KB, 500x500
>>64328409
Entry level as fuck, but not bad though

Check out Exploring The Psychedelic by Liquid Sound Company and II by Kingston Wall

If this cover art doesn't make you want to listen to this album then I don't know what's wrong with you
>>
>>64328554
Top chum, right here. Would you mind reccing a whole lot of avant-garde, obscure, or at least your favorite psychedelia?
>>
>>64328316
There was probably a dude back in the day who said the exact same thing about those bands.
>>
>>64328539
Not really, their music is pretty simple and uninspired. Not nearly as varied as even some individuals listed, let alone all of them.
>>
>>64329074
nah those bands are way outdated tame impala brings a contemporary feel to their archaic sound
>>
File: homepage_large.04192b63.jpg (136 KB, 319x319) Image search: [Google]
homepage_large.04192b63.jpg
136 KB, 319x319
Pic related is better
>>
File: Pungent+Effulgent.jpg (178 KB, 600x592) Image search: [Google]
Pungent+Effulgent.jpg
178 KB, 600x592
>>64328713
Jurassic Shift and Pungent Effulgent - Ozric Tentacles

Symbiosis - Hidria Spacefolk

Gandalf - Gandalf

Warrior On The Edge of Time - Hawkwind

Playing With Fire - Spacemen 3

Just A Poke - Sweet Smoke

Galaxsea - Lunar Dunes

I Grevins Tid - Blandbladen

Maggot Brain - Funkadelic

Demons and Wizards - Uriah Heep
>>
The melodies, songwriting, and production are all better on Lonerism than they are on Innerspeaker. That being said, I think the riffs and guitar work might be more diverse and impressive on Innerspeaker because its more of a fixture in the record. But I'm also kind of a fiend for bass lines too and I have to say Lonerism's bass work is more cohesive to the songs. Music To Walk Home By and Nothing That Has Happened So Far Has Been Anything That We Could Control are both top tier songs imo
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.