[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My best friend stole my girl
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 405x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 405x720
I'll probably laugh about this later. But i'm crying now bros.

I need music that relates to me right now.

Please
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkSmLh2Hbi0
>>
>>64304530
then he never was your best friend
I feel you though, I've had that happen
>>
>>64304554
How did you get over it?

I don't know whether to cry right now or beat his ass

But i know she's at fault too

Its probably best to leave them alone but i want to fucking punch something
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07T3h0b93Rg [Embed]
>well it's hard to tell, it's hard to tell
>when all your love's in vain
>all your love's in vain
>>
it's gonna be OK man.

try to stay away from them, find irl friends who will support you and help you through it, even if it's like your mom or something it's better than isolation or attempts at social connections through the internet

it just takes time. try to let your emotions out but keep living your life.

recs:
Currents - Tame Impala
Since I Left You - The Avalanches
Bon Iver - s/t
What's Going On? - Marvin Gaye
Gossamer - Passion Pit
The Fool - Ryn Weaver
Here We Go Sublime - The Field
idk what you like so I just out what helps me with these kinds of things.

honestly though it's really about venting and personal connections for me so I'd recommend that. everyone deals with if differently though so you'll have to figure it out yourself.
>>
>>64304584
It wasn't a girl I was dating, it was a girl I was talking to at the time. I just stopped talking to them both
>>
File: laughing lizard.jpg (134 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
laughing lizard.jpg
134 KB, 500x333
>>64304776
OP, don't listen to a word this dumb motherfucker here says, he's got nothing good to offer you.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCqEOboRctY
>>
>>64304805
I'm not saying he has to do what I did. I was just answering his question.
>>
>>64304530
>>64304584
https://youtu.be/WnLJ1iYOZHM

OP, I've been through the same thing. My girlfriend of 2 years had just broken up with me and we were in that awkward "trying to stay friends" phase. A couple weeks after she dumped me we were all at a party. She and a close friend (who I'd known for years) disappeared for a while and came back acting all too giggly and affectionate. Once I had a moment to talk to him alone, I pulled my friend aside and told him that I wasn't dealing with the breakup well and asked him not to try to hook up with my ex-girlfriend immediately after we'd broken up. His response was an abrupt and condescending "I wouldn't ask something like that of you..." and he walked off. Like I was the one in the wrong. Of course they did wind up getting together and going so far as to try to come to my house and cuddle on my couch. That was the last time I saw them. I told them it was time to leave and that we can't remain friends. I told them to do their very best to avoid me from that point onward, and so far they've done a pretty good job of it. I only ran into them by accident 2 or 3 times in public. It's been 5 years since then. They'd broken up years ago, and still they've managed to stay out of my life all together which I'm pretty happy about.

I realize many people are going to call me autistic or beta for how I dealt with the situation, but I genuinely could not believe the two closest people to me, the two people who understood me and took the time to get to know me over years would deliberately disregard my emotions at the drop of a hat, or pair of panties. I helped them through breakups, went on countless adventures with them, spent hours talking with them until the sun came up on more occasions than I can count... and they threw all of that away for sex. Unbelievable. All I could think is "if these people are really that inconsiderate, I don't want them in my life."
>>
>>64305280
(continued)
Eventually I did find a way to deal with the betrayal. I decided I would do everything I could to make sure I never become like them. I would never be so inconsiderate that I would put my own petty impulses before my friends feelings. I resolved to prove I was a better person than they were. I decided I would mentally condition myself to act on emotions of empathy, compassion and consideration, and do my best to make a positive difference in the lives of others. Since then (5 years later) I've helped over 1000 homeless people, mentored over 100 children and managed to save a few peoples lives. And I'm just getting started. I don't think there's anyone out there keeping score, but if there is, there's no way in hell those two will ever beat mine. And that feels good.

OP, I'm not going to tell you theres a right way to deal with a breakup, much less one caused by a friend. Just remember people like that don't matter and don't make a difference in the world. Its those of us who dare to care, who are brave enough to wear their heart on their sleeve and act on their best intentions who deserve to be happy. You deserve to be happy, OP. Don't forget that. Don't let them make you believe otherwise.
>>
>>64305280
>>64305526
tl;dr
>>
>>64305280
>>64305526

I think you did the right thing. I've never had a friend do that to me but I straight up don't talk to people I'm not dating anymore, it just isn't healthy.
>>
>>64304584
I binge drank for 7 months until I got over it. Also therapy.

Wouldn't recommend, but it worked for me.

PS: Don't listen to music about what you're going through. Listen to music that comforts you. Gives you memories of base, primal happiness.
>>
>>64304776
>>64304918
youre a fucking loser shut up
>>
>>64304554
>>64304776
>>64304918
ignore this gay homo, hes probably talking about lauren mayberry
>>
Prayer To God by Shellac and Leviathan's album True Traitor, True Whore if you want to indulge in the anger. Blink-182's song Dammit too I guess. Other than those I can't think of anything that directly relates right now but personally I'd be listening to a lot of angry or sad music, so mathcore, atmospheric black metal, emo, screamo etc.
Good luck man, you'll get through it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq6U3_H237k
>>
>>64306535
I had a life at one time..Depression hit e like a truck.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.