[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on this /mu/? I've listened to everything they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: El Cielo.jpg (33 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
El Cielo.jpg
33 KB, 500x500
Thoughts on this /mu/?

I've listened to everything they put out and I feel pretty satisfied
>>
overrated shit
>>
File: Oh....gif (138 KB, 223x200) Image search: [Google]
Oh....gif
138 KB, 223x200
>>64302354
>>
>>64301947
This is totally well-played, very slick, full of clever and unusual little ideas, and I certainly wouldn't deny that it has its 'beauty' and 'power'. Just it's not my thing, I guess. It might seem strange to some, but the fact is that it's too 'rousing' and 'emotional' for me. Kind of in a way, though far more brainy and competent probably, like people like U2 or the Killers do. Not that I'm really comparing them. I'm not saying they sound the same, but that 'hands up to heaven, singing your heart out' kind of power is here in buckets. A highly together sound, brilliant power from the bass, drums, guitar and I can see why many would love this, but not for me. The closest I can come to as a hint at least of what's wrong with it to me (not technically, or in terms of cleverly stirring feelings) is to mention what Milan Kundera says in 'Testaments Betrayed' (a recommended read) about how he hates 'that rock music that TELLS you how to feel'. I'm not saying it's that straigtforward, or that they totally fit that, but it's in that direction. Clever, technical, powerful, but too much straight up rock tricks to simply turn up everyone's pacemaker (imagining we had one). Plus, I have to say, I get the feeling here that there's something going on similar to with other genres. This band would be far better to me if the very short little quirky things they inserted into the music were what they actually focued on and extended and developed, and dropped the rest. Though, again, I can see why many people would love it, and respect, each to his own, etc. It's certainly extremely well done music of its kind, just not my kind, and maybe that's just my problem.
>>
File: Dog 02.gif (470 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Dog 02.gif
470 KB, 200x200
>>64302592
That.

That was beautiful mate.

Thanks <3
>>
>>64301947
takes me back to 2009 when i got my music recommendations from gamefaqs users who got their music recommendations from sputnikmusic
>>
>>64304500
Who is Sputnikmusic?
>>
>>64304620
sputnikmusic.com
>>
>>64304632
Holy fuck I am autistic
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.