[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>3rd time going to a concert >always alone >talk to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: 1461415361335.jpg (60 KB, 500x412) Image search: [Google]
1461415361335.jpg
60 KB, 500x412
>3rd time going to a concert
>always alone
>talk to people but never make any friends
Am I doing this wrong?
>>
Maybe no one wants to be your friend.
>>
>>64294863
Oh ;-;
>>
>>64294850
Depends on your intention, that's how I was my first ever show but now I prefer creating connections with people, especially at festivals.
>>
>>64294850
what kind of shows are you going to?

I generally don't talk to strangers at gigs since I'm socially autistic but when I was at a Steve Vai gig there was a weird sense of community and everyone got on really well
>>
>>64294850
people go to concerts to make friends?
>>
>>64294850
If it's smaller gigs, 50-200 people, you should be a regular by about five shows or so. Then you should start hooking up with others.
>>
>>64295516
Yeah I don't understand people communications but I like gatherings
>>64295580
I'm trying to figure that out..
>>
happens to me everytime to. it make me depressed as hell, but i havent given up.
>>
>>64295613
Same place every Saturday. Maybe the first anon was right
>>
Are you autistic? What do you talk about?
>>
>>64295654
seems like you are pretty desperate to make friends for some reason, maybe you are just forcing yourself to try to make friends because it's what you think you are supposed to do. Some people just aren't meant to be social and are happier that way. Also, you don't want to do what that person is suggesting, the type of people that just go to those same places over and over are mostly douchebags.
>>
File: 1461258735394.jpg (31 KB, 395x300) Image search: [Google]
1461258735394.jpg
31 KB, 395x300
>>64295765
Not autistic. Just stupid. And everything really. I like to joke around a lot.
>>
>>64295818
Are they like the awkward type of joke? Or do you actually know how to play it off and make people laugh? If not then cut that shit out bruv.
>>
Talk with people and jam out. You should let whatever music it is flow through you and engage you.

I've been to live sets with everything from free jazz to minimalist noise and found a way to move to the music. When people see that it's okay to let the current go through, they will feel comfortable expressing themselves, as well. Happy concert-going, lads!
>>
>>64294850
maybe ask in /adv/

/mu/tants generally aren't the pinnacle of social interaction
>>
>>64296122
maybe 5 years ago, /mu/ is pretty much normalfags that go to shitty EDM and rap shows now, there are very few of us socially awkward music geeks left.
>>
if you want to make friends a concert probably isn't the best place. idk though, what the fuck, just go to a book club or some shit.
>>
>>64296258
What's even EDM
>>
>>64294863
shup up
>>
>>64296353
electronic dance music, really it's a term that has been around for ages but these days it's exclusively used to describe the shitty mainstreem stuff
>>
Not every one goes to shows to make friends. Look for someone who's alone or wait until you have a good reason to talk with a group of people. Also don't be shy if someone seems to like you buy him a beer or something.
>>
>>64296456
wow can't believe you're imposing gender roles on OP triggered and unsubbed
>>
>>64296534
What gender roles? I get that you're joking but I just said he should ask people to join him for a drink after/during the show to turn a positive interaction to an actual friendship. Be it a dude or a girl.
>>
>>64295843
I will get laughs I don't make funny noises anything.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.