[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i wanna talk about this album >are you a bigger fan of disc
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
i wanna talk about this album
>are you a bigger fan of disc 1 or disc 2?
>do you think it would have benefited from being cut down?
>if you had to reduce it down to one disc, which tracks would you keep?
>>
The album is so goddamn long that by the time I'm finished I already forgot half of it. It has some interesting sounds and ideas but it's just too long. Also who are you quoting?
>>
>electronic music
>albums

wew
>>
File: 6fb21ae2.jpg (690 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
6fb21ae2.jpg
690 KB, 600x600
>>64293582

pic related only works because it's an album
>>
>>64293582
go back to that stott thread with this bait, honestly
>>
>>64293502
>are you a bigger fan of disc 1 or disc 2?
>do you think it would have benefited from being cut down?
It should have been longer.
>>
>>64293611
yeah should have specified edm. obviously eai, ambient, progressive elctronic, tape music, etc can work in an album format.
>>
>>64293912
i feel like that's a little reductive, though. obviously ae (and other artists like them) are techno and have bits of old school electro in them, but they also aren't dance music in the ""traditional"" sense.

like there would be no reason for them to release, say, fleure/irlite on a 7'' cause it's not like djs are gonna be going crazy to play them on the dance floor or in a mix lol. those tracks benefit by being placed in an album context.
>>
what are your fav ae ambient tracks?
>>
>2
>I dunno, I had an easy enough time listening and the two hours are quite breezy for me. Plus they split it in a way where you could easily just listen to one disc or the other and still feel fulfilled
>I'd keep it as is but I could do without runrepik tbqh

>>64294030
Jatevee C/T ess XI would have actually made a bangin single
>>
>>64294128
Treale
Nil
Ylm0
Piezo
Slip
Krib
y7
Perlence range3

And Overand simply because Thom probably heard that and made kid A.
>>
desu ae kind of died for me with exai

I just can't be arsed to listen to their stuff anymore
>>
disc 1 I guess cus I liked those songs alot more on initial impression.

>>64293912
>tape music
can you give an example.
>>
>>64296215
Tape music is basically another term for musique concrete
>>
>>64296161
Weird, cause it was the opposite for me. They lost me a bit with Quaristice and Move of Ten (I liked Oversteps alright) but Exai drew me back in.
>>
>>64296473
I used to love them, I listened to Exai a bunch too. I just kind of got tired of them or something, IDK. I still like them I just kind of realized I'm not as into weird stoner music anymore... I feel like a dick saying that. Just being honest. I'm sure I'll get back into them some day.
>>
>>64296415
oh okay
>>
>>64293502
Disc 1 is much more consistent imo. T ess xi into vekos into flep is incredible, plus prac-f is really cool, and not to mention fucking bladelores.

Deco loc is possibly better than anything on disc 1, and nodezsh and yjy ux are pretty interesting but there are longer stretches that feel (to me) more repetitive.

That said I don't actually think this thing should have been edited, I love it as it is even with what I think are its stronger and weaker moments because j could easily imagine someone else having opposite opinions here. Rhythmically and texturally everything is pretty diverse.

I haven't listened to too much else by autechre...ice heard tri repetae and Amber and bits of pieces of other albums but honestly none of the compare to exai to me, this is sons of the most forward thinking and out there idm I've ever heard
>>
>>64296587
yeah, i understand. but it just goes to show how subjective this stuff is because a good portion of their music (i'd say at least 50%) is borderline unlistenable to me while i'm stoned. it's too "sharp" or too angular sounding to me or something. never really thought of them as stoner music.
>>
>>64298026
I didn't like Confield until I heard it high desu
>>
>>64293502
>if you had to reduce it down to one disc, which tracks would you keep?
get on this guys
>>
>>64299556
irlite (get 0)
jatevee C
bladelores
1 1 is (I'd prob make this the opener)
T ess xi
vekoS
spl9
cloudline
deco Loc
YJY UX

Runs a little over 74 minutes but this is as close as I'll get, as I love pretty much every track.
>>
What's that one track that repeats one drum pattern over and over again?
>>
>>64299818
I don't really listen to AE for super complex drums desu
>>
>>64296131
"ylm0" is the only ambient track in that list, and i see no correlation between Kid A and "Overand."
>>
>>64299771
no recks on?
>>
>>64299818
go listen to Venetian Snares for drum wank
>>
>Disc 2
>Yes definitely
>bladelores, cloudline, floure, recks on, spl9
>>
LP12 when?
>>
>>64306448
never. rob and sam broke up.
>>
>>64306448
Predicting now: It won't be good
>>
>>64306448
wasn't AE_LIVE LP12?
>>
File: wew.jpg (138 KB, 770x1064) Image search: [Google]
wew.jpg
138 KB, 770x1064
LP5>Oversteps>Untilted>Exai>Draft>Confield>TriRep>Chiastic>Quaristice>Amber>Incunabula

Fight me
>>
File: 1458962799340.jpg (27 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1458962799340.jpg
27 KB, 512x512
I always come into these threads and always feel like I'm missing out. I've always been into vsnares and the other big warp artists but never got that into autechre. I've listened to some of their older stuff and thought it was pretty good but don't really know where else to go from there.
>>
>>64309768
I don't think so, not technically at least

>>64310966
Just keep going chronologically, that's the best way to do it with them imo
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.