[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Dont know what chord progression is >Don't understand
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: image.png (36 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
image.png
36 KB, 657x527
>Dont know what chord progression is
>Don't understand tempo or Tim signature
>Can't read music
>Can't play any instruments
>Know nothing about mixing or how it affects music
>Don't know what scales or melodies are
>Couldn't tell you what a songs' structure is
>Can't describe what the instruments sound like

>Still have better taste than 99% of this board and listen to more patrician music and appreciate it more than most of you ever will

Damn
>>
"Tim signature"
>>
File: poseurcore.png (3 MB, 1588x1857) Image search: [Google]
poseurcore.png
3 MB, 1588x1857
>Don't understand music theory
>Pretend to like complex music anyway because that's what people who do get it said is good

The definition of a poseur. Are these your favorites per chance?
>>
>>64293176
pleb
>>
>>64293213
>poseur

that was really more poser-y than what OP said

>inb4 OP
>>
>>64293213
I'm just like OP, and I think I genuinely enjoy complex music. I just like to air- and 'finger-drum' to the melody. For instance, I've been having the first minute or two of this on repeat today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JY4fRFeJOoE

It just amuses me.
>>
>>64293176
Prove it
>>
>>64293176
post your chart, then
>>
File: questionmaknigga.png (298 KB, 600x512) Image search: [Google]
questionmaknigga.png
298 KB, 600x512
>>64293311
Do you literally listen to only 2 minutes of a song then cut it ? On repeat ?
>>
How is it possible not to know what a chord progression is, does that mean you just don't know what a chord is?
>>
>>64293176
odds are you do
you just don't know you do
as someone who plays guitar
the amount I learned from simply learning other peoples songs was weird, I would look up tutorials on different chord progressions and it'd be stuff I already knew like the back of my hand. It's just a matter of putting names to "faces" in a sense.
>>
>>64293460
Hardly never. A quality I highly value in music is, let's call it density. How much performance/composition happens in a span of time. Long spans of silence or sparse playing are often (not at all always, but in 98% of cases) not worth my time.

This is another song/band I gave a dozen of spins today that better illustrates what I mean:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ocwdcw8FjvU
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 400x359) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 400x359
>>64293549
try this
>>
>>64293549
>Implying silence and downtime in songs can't be effective.
>>
>>64293607
Yes well, even I have learned what post-rock is. Our lives being so short, t's frankly lamentable that people waste them on lazy music like like that. (Well, fine, I sentimentally enjoy 'East Hastings' I found haphazardly almost ten years ago, but perhaps it struck some particular timbral tone with me, or maybe it's just livelier.)
>>
>>64293684
Please explain to me how post rock and music like it is lazy.
>>
>>64293646
Of course they can, but their presence and absence still counts into the sum of a piece's complexity, number of devices employed. If the whole song just trudges along at 10 BPM, 99% of time it's just filler.
>>
>>64293708
'I-it's not that we had no musical ideas to put on the record, it was a deliberate artistic choice!'
>>
>>64293549
>>64293684
That's dumb and you're not respecting music and artists.

>>64293738
holy shit you're retarded
>>
>>64293738
That isn't an explanation and it proves nothing
>>
>>64293761
>you're not respecting music and artists

To the contrary, only calling the emperor's new compositions for what they are is giving proper respect and credit to true musicians who actually take the time out of their lives to learn to perform and to meticulously think their pieces through before releasing them, instead of an incoherent tonesoup. As long as post-x'ers are hogging the popular attention and appreciation, it's not possible.
>>
>>64293176
All these arguments actually speak out against you, imbecile.
>>
>>64293213
Why fishmans? 98.12.28 is pretty damn good
>>
>>64293795
nah
>>
>>64293795
>emperor's new compositions

Also, I just noticed -- pun not intended. I'm pretty sure people did it in the past though... or at least I hope so.
>>
>>64293191
What, you've never wanted Tiny Tim's signature?
>>
File: a.png (133 KB, 554x381) Image search: [Google]
a.png
133 KB, 554x381
>>64293213
>music theory
>>
>>64293176
what does any of that have to do with listening to music?
>>
>>64293176
you prefer your own taste over other peoples tastes. congratulations
>>
>>64293176
>I have better taste

You can't really say your taste in music is objectively better than others. Especially if you don't know whether the music is well made or not.
>>
>>64293819
this
the correct album to be put into that chart would be Long Season, if any Fishmans at all
>>
File: 1448600916041.gif (509 KB, 700x827) Image search: [Google]
1448600916041.gif
509 KB, 700x827
>tfw you're singing along to musics and he/she/they hit a pitch you can't and you're forced to drop an octave

why is life so hard /mu/?
>>
>>64294485
If you're an alto you should be able to hit the same notes most male singers can, if you have good form at least.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.