[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: describe an album you'd like to hear and get a rec
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 1461301383241.jpg (346 KB, 1000x600) Image search: [Google]
1461301383241.jpg
346 KB, 1000x600
ITT: describe an album you'd like to hear and other people reply with albums that fit that description

>spanish/portuguese language
>from before the 80s or before
>cult status but not really famous

pic unrelated
>>
>>64283070
>from before the 80s or before
meant from the 80s or before
>>
>>64283070
You described 'Depois Do Fim' so accurately, I suppose you knew about it already and just made this thread for whatever reason.

Good album though.
>>
Anything that sounds like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjwmyG39h_k
>>
>>64283306
not really. i was just listening to os mutantes and wondering if anyone could rec a not-so-famous album from that region/time

>>64283332
try to actually describe the album you wanna hear
>>
>>64283364
Something that contains shit like that song, groovy, slow, in your-face kind of stuff.
>>
>>64283070
Lula Côrtes & Zé Ramalho - Paêbirú
Almendra - Almendra
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (130 KB, 800x574) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
130 KB, 800x574
>>64283391
i can't even play the video for whatever reason it's "not available"

also don't be lazy and repsect the thread
>>
>>64283070
I was going to check for the link in the archive, but its down. Luckily, it's my share, so I just logged back into mega.

This is Silvio Rodriguez lefty folksinger from Cuba. Part of the Nueva Trova, which is worth looking up if you want to get into that stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qez_YoE6C2c

https://mega.nz/#!lZxC1JrJ!TfvJY0yJws3fjMH_xTm2onHIt09Z6LGz1Q9P_8S8pAQ
>>
Invisible - El jardín de los presentes

https://youtu.be/JIctRFchJC4
>>
>>64283430
>>64283456
>>64283473
appreciate the recs, try and make other requests to keep the thread alive
>>
I need some sensitive sounding music with a strong emphasis on lyrics and vocals. I really want to hear music that communicates someone's point of view and sense of self. I've been getting into Judee Sill recently and I could use more stuff like that.
>>
>>64283960
You heard benji right? that's a very personal album.
>>
>>64284408
It's good, but I've heard it. I need more. I need to chew up and spit out people's souls so that I can ignore mine.
>>
Something unique but somewhat accessible, nothing else sounds like it and all the songs are unconventional but have a definite shape to them. Imb4 spiderland
>>
>>64283070
arrigo barnabe - clara crocodilo
>>
>Total psychedellic trip, with blues and hardrock influences
>improvisation

Something like East West by the Paul Butterfield Blues Band

Or the live version of Spoonful by Cream
>>
>shoe gaze/dream pop
>something that feels like you're floating in space or inside a beautiful dream, watching the purple-pink skies and the stars and moon slowly coming into view
>will give me the energy to live again

Don't ref anything too emotionally provoking or upsetting cause I am on the verge of probably dying
>>
Anything with really soft sensitive vocals and good lyrics still with challenging instrumentacion, noisy if possible.
Also the vocals can't be shit muffled in the background you can't hear at all
>>
>>64285757
ash ra tempel
fushitsusha
bardo pond
skullflower
i could go on...
>>
>>64283960
>I've been getting into Judee Sill recently
I've been seeing her mentioned on here a lot which is nice but kind of weird
Anyway check out Robbie Basho
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.