[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone like Relient K?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Relient K.jpg (818 KB, 2100x1666) Image search: [Google]
Relient K.jpg
818 KB, 2100x1666
Does anyone like Relient K?
>>
Also what are your favorite songs?
>>
Deathbed is my probably my favorite with the Savannah medley a close second. What about you?
>>
>>64281559
Deathbed is pretty cool. I lie the story aspect. Also, I liked Oasis and Savannah so much I combined them in one track years ago.

http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/audio/126589/83121810.mp3
>>
>>64281637
Probably my favorite medley in an alternative album ever anon, I don't blame you.
>>
>>64281559
As for my favorite, I really just like their self-conscious, well-written lyrics. Songs like Devastation And Reform and Breakdown
>>
Also I really like Where Do I Go From Here
>>
I saw this post and decided to give them a try. Deathbed seemed okay. So I decided to start listening to their album "Five score and seven years ago" from the start.

how is this album as compared to their body of work? Better than the rest? One of the weaker ones? Or as good as most of their work?

Because good god it seems to me like one of the most generic wannabe highschool rock band I've heard. Something about it sounds like it's missing avril lavigne and their band would be complete.

boring, generic vocalist (not that the drums or the guitar was any better)
What I particularly hated: "I need you". It's not bad but so overwhelmingly mediocre and generic.

Did I just stumble on the worst part of their discography or is this how they normally sound?
>>
>>64282071
Relient K are mainstream pop geniuses but they definitely don't push boundaries in the regular realms that your average independent band traverses with every song, nor are they anywhere near art pop geniuses like Brian Wilson but what they aim to do they do well and I can respect it as such.

Plus muh nostalgia
>>
>>64282071
You should also check out Mmhmm.

Where Relient K shines in my opinion is their well articulated lyrics about social problems and personal flaws. I agree a bulk of their music has is plagued with that generic sound, but I'm able to look past that because I really like their songwriting.
>>
>>64282224
>muh religion
It's no more profound than Green Day. Just replace God with weed and jerking off
>>
>>64282071
Their older stuff has a wild, punk sound.
>>
>>64282269
I like Relient K's innocence man. Matt Thiessen is a genuinely good guy who is not corrupted. I can tell by his vibes. He's not faking it. Green Day, even though I like some of their stuff, is kind of abrasive. I can sleep to Relient K
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.