[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the appeal of MBDTF?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8
Before you guys eat me alive, I can't really find any outstanding tracks, so far "All of The Lights" is in my opinion one of the best produced tracks but that's about it. 808's & Heartbreak is still a lot better for me. Am I missing something? Help.
>>
>>64278482
bump pls help
>>
It's one of our generation's few genuine visionaries fulfilling their potential in brash and bombastic style, no more no less.
>>
>>64278572
What is a good way to make this album click?
>>
>>64278596
In my case, press play.

Are you not into hip-hop? Personally I'm not, and I think that's why I really like 808s, but I still prefer Fantasy.
>>
>>64278822
Hip Hop my favorite genre, I can't see the appeal though, what song in this album in particular outstands? Or does this album require you to listen in order? I feel like I've been spoiled by 808s
>>
>>64278596
In really its a piece of shit hip hop album, runaway is a nice single but IMO childish gambino's because the internet is better than anything kanye has produced
>>
File: 1443809861962.gif (3 MB, 322x178) Image search: [Google]
1443809861962.gif
3 MB, 322x178
>>64278874
>childish gambino's because the internet is better than anything kanye has produced
>>
File: kanye-west.jpg (38 KB, 511x511) Image search: [Google]
kanye-west.jpg
38 KB, 511x511
Listen up /mu/. This is how I took the red pill.

>I used to sort of be "le-wrong-generation" kind of person for a while without knowing it. As a child I only had access to a music channel (vh1) that played pop and rap exclusively in my country. So I grew up on shitty pop but eventually grew to hate it with passion because after a while every song sounded so generic and after a while "peppy" or "quirky" with the coming of artists like katy perry and taylor swift.

I think my distancing from pop was partly fueled by seeing how people reacted to pop around me and on the internet (with so much hatred and derision).

>However, there were some guilty pleasures that I listened to secretly: the biggest being some tracks by kanye west. Stuff like "heartless" and "runaway" and "all of the lights". Still never checked out an entire album because "What am i a filthy follower of kanye west? no I can't stoop lower".

>But then I came to /mu/ where for the first time I encountered people who genuinely, unironically liked kanye and thought of him as more than a trashy douchebag. So I figured I'd check out MBDF.

Holy fuck. This album blew me the fuck away. It was nothing like the generic rap/pop that I saw on tv. I still secretly listen to it and never tell anyone irl because I'd be laughed at. But I genuinely have come to believe that kanye is painfully self aware of himself and it reflected in this album which seems in some sense very "grand". I don't hate him at all now. I just think he's capable of really good stuff that at least I can enjoy.

What other albums are good by him if one liked mbdf? My favorite tracks from this album include:

>dark fantasy
>gorgeous (loved the the sound)
>all of the lights (loved everything)
>runaway

Does anyone else feel that he'll eventually self destruct because so many people see him as little more than a talentless controversial egotist (most of my friends do at least)? That maybe he'll implode when his fame begins to wear off.
>>
File: kwest.jpg (57 KB, 416x416) Image search: [Google]
kwest.jpg
57 KB, 416x416
>>64279139

(did anyone else have a similar phase of awakening? transition from a casual and reluctant dismissal to genuine fondness of some of his work?)

I still believe that his primary talent lies in producing/creating music and that he really other should get writers and singers instead of doing that on his own.

On one hand you have so much potential and creativity in the sound he makes. On the other hand you have his lyrics and singing which just don't do justice to the former. DOES ANYONE THINK THIS TOO?
>>
File: rejoice.png (11 KB, 99x56) Image search: [Google]
rejoice.png
11 KB, 99x56
>>64279139
>>
>>64279139

All his albums are fantastic.

They each vary wildly sonically.

IMO, Yeezus>MBDTF>808s>TLOP>LR>Grad>CD, but pretty much every Kanye fan ranks his albums differently.

Start from the start and work your way through his discography.
>>
>>64279181

his lyrics are great on everything apart from TLOP

what's an example of his sub-par singing? auto-tune's used to great effect e.g. blood on the leaves outro. people seem to complain about him not getting someone else to sing Only One, but could a track so personal work from the perspective of anyone else?
>>
>>64279139
Not sure if serious (if so, you're misusing greentext hard) but all his stuff's good. I'd say the first three albums are much more conventionally hip-hop, so if that's not your bag I'd listen to the later ones first.
>>
File: table.jpg (166 KB, 1014x674) Image search: [Google]
table.jpg
166 KB, 1014x674
>>64279318
Completely serious. I know I was using greentext incorrectly but didn't bother too much. Sorry.

>>64279204
>>64279318
sure. will go chronologically i suppose.

>>64279248
his voice does not have too much variation imo.I feel iit has a consistent pitch and tone.
Lyrically, the things he intends to convey are good in my opinion but the way he words those ideas could use a lot more finesse. Don't you think?
>>
Kanye's voice has always sounded weak and whiny to me whenever I try to listen to his music. Because of this I couldn't even get through the first track on MBDTF
>>
File: AllAlbums.jpg (541 KB, 1918x1000) Image search: [Google]
AllAlbums.jpg
541 KB, 1918x1000
>>64279139
IMO
CD = MBDTF > TLOB> Yeezus > Grad > 808s > LR

But like another anon said, everyone thinks differently, I would start from CD and just work your way through it all, as it's all worth listening to
>>
imo

LR = 808's > MBDTF > CD > Grad > TLOP > Yeezus.

I still enjoy both TLOP and Yeezus a fair amount and don't think they are bad albums I just prefer the other albums.
>>
SAMPLING AND SWEARING HOW CAN YOU NOT LOVE THIS PLEB?
>>
>>64278527
I think its his best album and his 2nd is 808.
Both have amazing production and I like all of their songs but MBDTF is more diverse imo.You will listen to 808 influenced tracks(runaway,all of the lights,blame game) but there are also elements from other earlier kanye albums.
>>
File: CckEmubUcAAW5fN.jpg (26 KB, 579x278) Image search: [Google]
CckEmubUcAAW5fN.jpg
26 KB, 579x278
>>64278482
>>64278596
>>64279139
>>64279181
>>64279204
>>64280081
>>64280276
Go back to KanyeToThe.com, you fucking plebs.

MBDTF is at most a 7/10.

Stop overrating this generic meme-rap album.
>>
he could learn something from the Glove Rabbit https://youtu.be/CaRoV8TYWvU
>>
>>64278482
MBDTF is an album of great pop music, one of the best pop albums, but it's still relatively shit music overall. That's probably what you're not getting; You're expecting it to be good music in general. It's good shit-music, if you follow.
>>
>>64278874
Interesting opinion, I don't share it, but I must say I enjoyed Because the Internet more than MBDTF

also,
Be > TLOP > WTT = MBDTF > LR > 808s > CD > Yeezus > Grad
>>
It's mediocre anon, don't bother.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.