[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Deleting music library and starting over. Please halp.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: le caps lock guy.jpg (126 KB, 560x584) Image search: [Google]
le caps lock guy.jpg
126 KB, 560x584
My iPod has 16,000 songs on it and it's all hip-hop. In the past several months I've come to outgrow hip-hop. I've been listening to stuff like the Beatles, Beach Boys, Radiohead, LCD Soundsystem, and other stuff I've heard suggested on here. For all intents and purposes, I know nothing about music outside of hip-hop. Where the fuck do I start? Thanks in advance guys.
>>
>>64265760
Haha this is like the opposite of the standard /mu/ progression
>>
>>64265760
I don't think there is even 16000 hip hop songs
>>
Just start with /mu/core like every other pleb. Just make sure not to dwell on it for too long

>>64265803
What, do you mean people on /mu/ end up listening to hip hop? If so, you're wrong
>>
How the fuck do you "outgrow" an entire genre of music?

Also just skip straight to harsh noise, it's where we all end up anyway
>>
>>64265847
Lil' Wayne has like 20000 by himself
>>
Keep your library man. Add more to it as you go.

If you doubt your liking of a release, ask yourself: "would I buy this (again)?" If the answer is no, delete it.
>>
>>64265892
this is too true
for me, it's gone from emo-indie pop- indie rock- indie folk- slowcore- field recordings
ill be listening to static one day ;_;
>>
>>64265847
There are. I've spent years curating my collection. I think I have most hip-hop albums that aren't super obscure. Do you think someone would be interested in purchasing my iPod if I could publish a list of all of the albums on it? I kind of feel like deleting my library and clearing my iPod is a waste, someone might enjoy it. I'd even give it to someone on /mu/ for nothing.

>>64265892
>How the fuck do you "outgrow" an entire genre of music?

I've been listening to hip-hop for nearly a decade. I've just outgrown it.

>Also just skip straight to harsh noise, it's where we all end up anyway

ok thanks.

>>64265967
>If you doubt your liking of a release, ask yourself: "would I buy this (again)?" If the answer is no, delete it.

good advice, thanks.
>>
This is what happens when digital music fucks you in the ass.
He outgrew 16000 tracks, kek. Maybe it was 16 million??
>>
how do you "outgrow" hip-hop exactly? i got into music via rap and listen to a lot of stuff nowadays. mostly house, techno, ambient, drone, art pop. genres that are far from where i started from (except house i guess) and i still love to come back, put on big moe, esg or B.I.G
>>
>>64266017
You have to remember that years ago before the digital age most mainstream rappers were interested in making one or two solid radio hits, putting it on an album, and then filling the rest of the album with garbage, because people would end up buying the album if it had a few solid songs on it. Out of the 16,000 songs on my iPod I'd say 70-80% is meh.
>>
>>64265760
Lady Writer, Money for nothing, and Sultans of Swing by Dire Straits

Babe I'm gonna leave you, When the levee breaks, Immigrant song by Led Zeppelin
>>
almost everyone I know that went through an emo phase went back to rap in the end
>>
obvious bait, senpai
>>
>>64267241
What, it's impossible for someone's taste to progress past hip hop?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.