[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Truly a surprising listen. The hate this band receives on /mu/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: cover.jpg (504 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
504 KB, 1280x1280
Truly a surprising listen.

The hate this band receives on /mu/ is really unfounded, they aren't incredible or anything but I was expecting far less from a band with a reputation of being the average Hot Topic shopper's favorite act.

I'm pretty sure that most people on /mu/ hate on this album without having heard it, there's no other explanation for it. It's funny that people rag on this band/album in particular as being one of the worst cases of a band that self-identifies as being "indie rock", when this album plays into those trends far less than other respected acts on /mu/ like Arcade Fire. This album in particular is just pleasant baroque pop.

In the end I'd give it somewhere between a 7 and an 8, they definitely aren't the greatest thing ever but I feel like this is one of the few bands that P4K really likes that /mu/ feels differently about, that's just too bad since this is better than a lot of shit that website decides to market.
>>
/mu/ is full of retards, the albums really good imo
>>
>>64263956
It's honestly better than loads of the female indie rock that /mu/ faps to just because the girl is hot. I legit like Vampire Weekend, fight me.
>>
>hating vampire weekend

who does this?
>>
They're so inoffensive i hate them for it
>>
>>64264003
i like them.

But they're annoying, hard to deny.
>>
when is the "/mu/ hates Vampire Weekend but they are actually good!" meme going to die?
>>
>>64264078
how? ezra is cool as hell and a grade A qt.
>>
>>64263956
>The hate this band receives on /mu/
examples pls
>>
vampire weekends first two albums are shit. i was surprised when i listened to that one though, its prob my AOTY for that year.
>>
music for girls
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.