[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are these fags so popular?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
Why are these fags so popular?
>>
They got big with sexually frustrated white teenagers in the 70s
>>
>>64261753
L O N GT O N G U E
O
N
G

T
O
N
G
U
E
>>
Because KISS ROCK, and they put on one hell of a stage show!
>>
>>64261805
Putting on a good stage show =/= good music
>>
>>64261813
Tell that to Talking Heads
>>
>>64262895
Lol nice try, they make better music than kiss
>>
a benson? why thank you
>>
Murricans have shitty taste in music.
>>
>>64261797
Boom!!!

Two jews got two bar flies who were semi-competent and had no problem (or were too zonked out) with the jews calling the shots. They develop cartoon character personas harnessing the mystery of the theatrical. They then sing songs about partying and banging chicks to young men who don't really "party" and definitely aren't banging shit.

It was a ticket to an alternate universe for $9.99, or at least that's what I was paying for tapes in the 80's.

Fast forward to now: maybe party a little too hard at points, but definitely ain't bangin' shit. And I still like KISS.
>>
>>64261753
Couse murrica buys shit for the sake of buying, you all plebs think you're better couse you listen to other selfdestructive-stereotype rock musicians.
Rock is commercial music, get a grip man
>>
>>64263843
What about Velvet Underground?
>>
>>64261753
Never forget the time Gene Simmons pissed his pants onstage (@3:42)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRToE6eOohM
>>
>>64261753
>Awful music
>faggots

I don't know OP, I don't know...
>>
>>64264222
rofl
WAT

story behind this?
>>
I've got to get into these fucktards and quick

how did it go? "DOOooom of Roooockkcckck is here
>>
>>64264289
http://ultimateclassicrock.com/gene-simmons-pees-on-stage/
>>
Meh if you dont take em seriously theyre fun. If you look past just rock n roll all nite they got lots of catchy hard rock songs. They are a classic case of shit hitting the fan after the 70s. If they threw in the towel after those solo albums theyd be much more liked. Their self titled and hotter than hell are probably my favorite but the first two alives and everything up to those solo albums are good
>>
theyll be fine
>>
There is nothing wrong with simple music. Its about having fun and banging a bunch of chicks.

Every artist has their own reasons
>>
The post-70s stuff isn't bad and often has its moments but somehow they never recaptured the same chemistry or feel that was on the first six albums.
>>
>>64264345
^ Fellow tripper man.
>>
Is hating kiss the new meme?
>>
>>64264700
I'm pretty sure /mu/ has never liked Kiss, but the threads with the OP pic there are all one obsessed guy trying to force a meme.
>>
They tried touring over in the UK in the 70s and people were all like "Rly America."
>>
My dad was in college when Kiss were at their peak and he didn't know anyone who liked them. All their fans were 15 and under.
>>
File: Detroit_Rock_City[1].jpg (168 KB, 800x1153) Image search: [Google]
Detroit_Rock_City[1].jpg
168 KB, 800x1153
>>64264797
For sure.
>>
BTW the greatest Kiss concert ever was Rio De Janeiro, '83 played in front of 250,000 people which stands as their all-time attendance record.
>>
Because Destroyer and Love Gun are the best albums of the 70's.
>>
>>64264922
Their debut is better than both
>>
>>64264897
This was also during the early 80s when they played everything in hyperspeed (partially to create more energy at concerts, partially so they could get through a setlist faster) unlike the 70s when they usually played close to the speed on the records.
>>
Going Blind has to be their weirdest song ever.

>doomed romance between an elderly man and a teenage girl

Rarely played in the 70s, but as they've gotten older this song has become a live staple.
>>
>>64264897
I should add - they were completely irrelevant in the US at that time and struggled to sell 20 seats at concerts, but they were new to huehues back then and down there became the biggest band on the planet.
>>
Poor Eric Carr.
>>
I saw a 70s interview with them and it was exactly as you'd expect. Paul talking in metaphors, Gene trying to sell stuff, and Ace and Peter were just stoned af.
>>
Same reason Pokemon or whatever is popular. Successful marketing/consumerism.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.