[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: games that introduced you to artists you now love
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: Skate_2_Cover.jpg (40 KB, 256x320) Image search: [Google]
Skate_2_Cover.jpg
40 KB, 256x320
First heard of The Gaslight Anthem playing Skate 2. Used to just listen to that one song on there on repeat all the time.

Now they're my second favourite band of all time, have seen them multiple times over about 5 years.

Feels weird how different life would be if I hadn't been paying attention to what was playing on Skate 2, or if I never played it at all.

What other experiences like this has /mu/ had with games
>>
Pro Skater 4 made me fall in love with hip-hop, metal and punk. Easily the single most important source of my journey into music.
>>
File: geep_screen[1].jpg (10 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
geep_screen[1].jpg
10 KB, 300x200
>>64256371
This little flash game I found on one of those web games site I used to go on back when I was a little shit was my first encounter with Gorillaz
>>
>>64256371
THUG 2 got me into dadrock at an early age with The Doors
>>
>>64256474
this
When I first heard Break On Through in that opening video I was floored
>>
Tony Hawks Pro Skater 1-4 and Tony Hawk's Underground had a big influence, particularly with hip hop. First heard Busdriver, People Under the Stairs, Del Tha Funkee Homosapien and Nas, among others, on those soundtracks.
>>
>>64256452
Oh fuck!
>>
File: pbbPzcB.jpg (170 KB, 1024x500) Image search: [Google]
pbbPzcB.jpg
170 KB, 1024x500
I discovered deadmau5 through this game in around 2011 or 12. Now I'm a huge fan and am on an electronic music course
>>
GTA games, Tony Hawk pro skater 1-4, underground, American wasteland, and proving ground all had bitchin sound tracks
>>
Skate 2 and 3 had just a handful of good songs but the rest was GARBAGE. The first Skate had the best soundtrack by far, with original songs by Tommy Guerrero. I don't know why they didn't put much effort to the later games soundtracks.
>>
File: gta.jpg (23 KB, 188x267) Image search: [Google]
gta.jpg
23 KB, 188x267
>>64256371
San/Vice had helped introduce me to the classics.
>>
>>64256371
skate 3 had Animal Collective and No Age

theyre now two of my favorite bands
>>
Mario Kart got me into Return to Forever
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.