[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>overdoses on opiates on the 15th >dies from another overdose
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6
File: prince-04.jpg (85 KB, 500x440) Image search: [Google]
prince-04.jpg
85 KB, 500x440
>overdoses on opiates on the 15th
>dies from another overdose 6 days later
Was Prince just another degenerate junkie, or a victim of failing health and severe chronic pain?
>>
i mean look at recent pictures of him. he was clearly not in good health
>>
the psychic twin were perdicting this
>>
>absolutely no legitimate source of theory
no
>>
>>64250149
He had aids dumbass. he fucked a lot of people in the 80s midst of aids crisis, and he was rich so he survived for long time but it caught up with him
>>
>>64250166
But his sickly appearance could either be from chronic drug use or failing health. It doesn't prove anything.
>>
>>64250166
He didn't exactly look healthy in the early 80s
>>
i have more empathy for junkies than suicidals, at least they want to go feeling joy instead of just trying to be a edgelord
>>
File: chkedyeah.gif (345 KB, 516x406) Image search: [Google]
chkedyeah.gif
345 KB, 516x406
>>64250362
cool story bro
>>
he's had aids since the 80s. he recently became a jehovah's witness and some of them convinced him he was cured and he stopped taking his aids medication.
>>
>>64250149
I think the AIDS rumors are true, and that he was self-medicating after he realized that he shouldn't have listened to the Jahovahs Witless morons who told him that God cured him. Kek

Serves him right for being so impressionable
>>
>>64250388
He's been a jehovah's witness since 2001.
>>
>>64250415
it's recent relative to the 80s
>>
Is "Prince has AIDS" some new conspiracy theory?
>>
In the reports they said "was found dead in his 10$million mansion" why not "found dead in his mansion". I dont get how people worship and idolise others so much, yes he made "good" music to some but that people crying and being sad over someone they never met is strange to me, the only people i will be upset when they die are my family, no musicians actors or celeb's.
>>
>>64250242
It's been confirmed by several sources that he was hospitalized 6 days prior to his death for an opiate overdose, rather than the flu and dehydration.

It's also been reported that when he died, paramedics tried to revive him with a drug commonly used to counteract the effects of heroin/opiates. (can't remember the name of it.)

>>64250323
I never said he didn't have AIDS. I mentioned failing health, which could be a variety of things, including AIDS.

>>64250362
Nobody's implying he was suicidal. It's actually more likely it was an accidental overdose.

He was likely using tones of drugs to cope with some sort of pain or illness. Be it AIDS or something else.
>>
>>64250516
Your family and friends have no widespread over the world at large. They're the ants and the big boys on stage are the queens.

So, I ask to you, which bears more significance, one person who dies and evokes grief in millions? Or a millions who evoke grief in a few?
>>
>died in an elevator
>>
was it drugs? what a twat
>>
>>64251079
>It's been confirmed by several sources
What sources?
>inb4 herpityderp i'm not gunna spoon-feed u
>>
He had fucked up hips and needed hip replacement surgery, but, being a jehovah's witness, he was not able to accept blood transfusions.

He was taking opiates to deal with pain.
>>
>>64250149
It was aids m8
>>
>>64251643
There are no sources. We're getting this thread cause it's Prince and this is 4chan.

Funny, I remember all the richly deserved Bowie threads and no one seemed to feel the need to go full-on 'dead junkie nigger AIDS faggot' immediately after the fact, unlike what's happening here. Huh. Interesting.
>>
File: dave.gif (1 MB, 400x306) Image search: [Google]
dave.gif
1 MB, 400x306
>>64251966
>He had fucked up hips and needed hip replacement surgery,
The down side to repeatedly shooting hoops in stage clothes.
>>
File: tumblr_m3mec81sp31qedb29o1_500.gif (986 KB, 450x252) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m3mec81sp31qedb29o1_500.gif
986 KB, 450x252
>>64251966
Chekt
>>
>>64252017
fuck off nigger
>>
>>64251966
well that's even more stupid
>>
>>64250362
>accuses suicidal people of being edgelords
>in doing so outs himself as an edgelord
wew lad
>>
>>64251232
But they are the ones who have impacted my life, not some singer or celeb.
>>
>>64251232
Still doesnt explain why how much his house is worth is being mentioned in the same sentance explaining his death.
>>
>>64251232
Everyday i will think about and remember my mother and father, 90% of these so called griefers wont even give him a moments thought after tomorrow
>>
File: Not so Goodman.gif (493 KB, 450x243) Image search: [Google]
Not so Goodman.gif
493 KB, 450x243
>>64252138
Yet another artist who paid the ultimate price for their eccentric lifestyle.
>>
>>64250508
No there was a rumor of an anonymous celebrity who had AIDS and was going to die soon. Prince ended up dying days later.
>>
Too much PURPLE LEAN
>>
>>64252408
and the news isn't written just for you.

say my dad dies and that gives me and ten other 100 grief. then prince dies and gives a million people 1 grief. 1000000 > 1000 so its more news worthy
>>
>>64254967
You're missing the point but whatever.
>>
>>64254988
art is a pretty powerful thing for plenty of people.

i'm not a huge prince fan but if i had listened to prince a bunch during a special time in my life or his music had helped me through a bad one i could be a bit upset.

I don't think anyone is saying realistically that they're going to grieve more than if it was family
>>
>>64251966
>>64251966
>had fucked up hips and needed hip replacement surgery

Likely from all the sex he got
>>
>>64255083
I love all the arts, yet im not bothered when the artists die because they arent the same blood. Is that weird? Pay respects but actually grieve? LOL fuck that.
>>
>>64255083
>I don't think anyone is saying realistically that they're going to grieve more than if it was family

We might think we should care more about our families than random guy we never met, but through music that guy can become far closer to us than family members. If you have regularly listened to Prince and his music has got you through hard times, his words and music have really spoken to you and he has been a longstanding companion then perhaps you are more likely to grieve for him than a relation who you aren't very close to. Your parents or your brothers and sisters might well have pissed you off more in your life than they ever supported you, they didn't seem to be there for you while Prince and his music was. Saying you can't care deeply for someone you never met and who doesn't even know you exist is just wrong. It is perhaps shameful to admit it but a lot of people don't care for family as much as they probably should.
>>
>>64255423
you can grieve to different degrees. When my godmother died it didn't fuck me up even close to when my best friend died. I still grieved though. Can you really not imagine a scenario where someone could be upset over the death of someone they haven't met who has had an impact on their life?
>>
>>64255423
Have you ever heard of empathy? You don't have to be related to grieve for a human life
>>
ONE LESS DEGENERATE
>>
>>64250149
>Was Prince just another degenerate junkie, or a victim of failing health and severe chronic pain?
These things are not mutually exclusive.
>>
>>64250166
Don't get this at all. People saying he looked frail. Dude was 5'2 and a vegan. He was never ever built. Him and MJ were built like limp wristed sissies.
>>
>>64250149
>just another degenerate junkie

and just like every other musician you enjoy, you fucking hypocrite. kill yourself.
>>
>>64251079
The drug you're thinking of is called naloxone, and it doesn't do jack shit if the respiratory system has already failed. Naloxone has to be used as early as possible before the respiratory effects of opiates kick in.
>>
>>64253429
That rumor was months ago.
>>
>>64255757
Yes and I dont feel it.
I only liked diamond and pearls but Prince deserves respect for how hes made alot of people feel. R.I.P
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.